After The Morgan Cup Golf

I played 18 in a scramble as part of my bachelor party on Saturday. My cousin was using the Razr X irons from my morgan cup bag and boy did I miss them. However while we were down in FL I found a part of my game that has been missing for a long time, getting off the tee with a driver. It sure carried over as we used all but 2 of my drives. My distance was consistently in the 245-260 range which is long for me. It was a lot of fun having confidence that I could hit the ball where I wanted to with the Razr Hawk off the tee.

I played 18 in a scramble as part of my bachelor party on Saturday. My cousin was using the Razr X irons from my morgan cup bag and boy did I miss them. However while we were down in FL I found a part of my game that has been missing for a long time, getting off the tee with a driver. It sure carried over as we used all but 2 of my drives. My distance was consistently in the 245-260 range which is long for me. It was a lot of fun having confidence that I could hit the ball where I wanted to with the Razr Hawk off the tee.

Yea you were bombing it off the tee, I've found some inner distance and been poking it out there to 260-275. I had several over 280 yesterday with the wind, and the attas shaft, it really is a fantastic shaft.

I have a feeling my putter knew I ordered a néw ghost- He was making it known how he felt... I left several short..

But I am anticipating the arrival of the spider, can't wait to line up some putts - those large square putters always gave me confidence unde 10 feet, so easy to align to square

Yea you were bombing it off the tee, I've found some inner distance and been poking it out there to 260-275. I had several over 280 yesterday with the wind, and the attas shaft, it really is a fantastic shaft.

Crazy thing is, our match was my worst driving performance of the week. It got much better from there.
I love that Attas shaft. Do you prefer it over the Diamana you were fit for? Not sure if you can, but if you can ever get on a LM with both in your R11 that would be a good numbers test.

Crazy thing is, our match was my worst driving performance of the week. It got much better from there.
I love that Attas shaft. Do you prefer it over the Diamana you were fit for? Not sure if you can, but if you can ever get on a LM with both in your R11 that would be a good numbers test.

The kai'li is a great shaft, it's a low launch, low spin shaft gave me a nice penetrating launch. I had some really nice drives down in Florida and it is a good shaft, but I never really hadhigh carry numbers. The attas is more mid-high launch, with prob med spin? I saw better height and not much sidespin at all.

When I slapped the attas in at the range yesterday morning, there were towering drives that were carrying farther than I was used too with the Kai li.

As I gamed it throughout the round- I was seeing nice high ball flight and I hit a lot more fairways- since the carry was high and the ball flight was higher, I didn't have much rollout- so they hit the fairway and kinda stopped.

Whereas with the kai' li it would hit fairway and rollout a lot often times off the short stuff into the deep stuff.

I'll take em to my Golftec and hit em on the launch monitors if I can make time this week.

I honestly didn't want to touch a club for a long time. I was tired and drained. But I was drawn back.

Last Thursday I took the Morgan Cup trophy to my club and then went to the range. I left after half an hour. I had nothing to practice for, it was a little disappointing and I hit the ball like crap. I didn't want to be there.

I got called to play the next morning and showed up an hour before my tee time and really excited to play. I didn't play all that well, but was really happy to be on the course again.

I played in a charity scramble on Saturday. We ended up shooting 56 and finishing second and my putter was on fire. Really exciting to be competing again, but it wasn't the same.

Now, I've been sick for the last several days and can't wait to hit the clubs again.

How's it going biggsy, it the fire rekindled or are you still lukewarm on golf?

I played for the first time since the MC two days ago and I loved every minute of it. The MC has made me a better golfer. That event put a lot of things into perspective for me. A lot of us worked hard in preperation and in the end, none of that really mattered. No one embarrassed themselves, and the matches were more fun than they were competitive.

I definitely had The Morgan Cup hangover. I played an 18 hole scramble the Saturday after I returned and played well, although I had someone else using my Callaway irons. The RH driver still worked like a charm. But I just wasn't really in to that round. I've played 2 9 hole rounds since and they were hit and miss, mostly miss. Last Sunday I played with a group of guys who are really good golfers. I think that's what I needed, it snapped me right back in to golf mode. Shot a really good score and walked off happy. I have yet to go to the range though and have been focusing on other things that are coming up.

I played for the first time since the MC two days ago and I loved every minute of it. The MC has made me a better golfer. That event put a lot of things into perspective for me. A lot of us worked hard in preperation and in the end, none of that really mattered. No one embarrassed themselves, and the matches were more fun than they were competitive.

Isn't that what THP is all about?

I definitely had The Morgan Cup hangover. I played an 18 hole scramble the Saturday after I returned and played well, although I had someone else using my Callaway irons. The RH driver still worked like a charm. But I just wasn't really in to that round. I've played 2 9 hole rounds since and they were hit and miss, mostly miss. Last Sunday I played with a group of guys who are really good golfers. I think that's what I needed, it snapped me right back in to golf mode. Shot a really good score and walked off happy. I have yet to go to the range though and have been focusing on other things that are coming up.

You have something comming in the near future? Oh yea!! Football season!!

Great thread! I've played about 3 rounds (that I can remember off the top of my head) and man have they been a blast. The MC made me a better golfer and my handicap has dropped since I first started all of this. I think whats helped is seeing the attitude of the other guys and honestly, just the confidence all the MC'ers instilled in me is something I cannot thank them enough for. I enjoy the game much more and appreciate it much more.

I've played 4-5 times since getting back. And I have played terribly. The last 2 full rounds I have shot 82, both rounds were 45/37. Lol.

I think I peaked at the Morgan cup.

Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

I've played 4-5 times since getting back. And I have played terribly. The last 2 full rounds I have shot 82, both rounds were 45/37. Lol.

I think I peaked at the Morgan cup.

Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

I think you just miss us. I miss your pancakes!

I'm very nervous about FF this year.

As you should be for many reasons :

1) TC is in your league and he is a FF legend!
2) GG is running her team by herself
3) No Bridges to be found anywhere
4) I am not there to make wild trades with you.

Back