TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

Mod your DART with the TM insert haha.

You're crazy man! Nah, I'm going to keep working with the Spider. It's nice being in a position to have this battle. It's fun!

Pretty easily. It's not a heavy coat of paint and chips off. I have 4 ghost putter and all of them have chips and paint coming off. And I'm anal about it. Always use my headcover and I won't buy a putter if it's scratched.

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

Yea the bottom of my maranello has chips of white paint missing around the edges.

One feature of the new spider ghost insert - it's all black- doesn't have rhe white lines in between the face on the insert- which if you used an alignment line ; would rub off onto the face of the tour ghosts.

The spider may rub it off too (same insert) but you can't see it,

No more red permanet ink marks on the face of my putter hehe

One feature of the new spider ghost insert - it's all black- doesn't have rhe white lines in between the face on the insert- which if you used an alignment line ; would rub off onto the face of the tour ghosts.

The spider may rub it off too (same insert) but you can't see it,

No more red permanet ink marks on the face of my putter hehe

I really like that part because the insert always looked like it was wearing out in the middle.

Mine is C/S buddy, so it could be tough.

When mine gets here I will most likely be bending the lie angle. I like mine bent a few degrees flat, which it sounds like might be the case with you as well TC. I am curious though how easy it is to bend a CS putter. Seems weird to incorporate a bend in a straight shaft. I'll let you know.

Hmmm....I guess I don't understand how the finish wouldn't hold up. Mine looks like new. I always have the cover on it when in the bag, so how does one beat up a putter finish?
Just curious.

I agree, I have had a total of around 6 TM Ghost putters since they came out and every single one looked brand new when they left my possesion, I have never had the white paint chip, scratch, stain or anything, IMO its one of the most durable finishes, guess it just depends on the person, some people just beat the crap out of there clubs with leaving the headcovers off etc...

Rolled some more of this in Golfsmith today. This putter cannot escape me. It haunts me, I tell ya. Once I see a good deal on this it's hammer time.

I talked to Mike Fox the Global Product Line Manager for Putter & Wedges with TM to order my Ghost putter I won today.

The specs: Left-Hand Model: TM-110 Headweight: 370g Length: 34" Lie/Loft: Standard Grip: Midsize

I had my first really bad putting day with the Ghost spider today, for some reason I just couldnt get my stroke going, speed and direction were both very off. I had 2 3putts and missed quite a few short putts inside 5foot. Getting back out there tomorrow morning.

Just added some 16 grams weights to the Spider and it feels so much better. I can't wait to try this out.

Just added some 16 grams weights to the Spider and it feels so much better. I can't wait to try this out.

Where can I find some of those 16 gram weights, Redman? They in the standard putter weight set? Thanks

I am happy to report that I have on order a beautiful Ghost Spider Center Shafted putter. I would like to thank those who have been posting on this thread because you were very instrumental in my decision. I played two rounds on monday and had one good putting round and one bad putting round. The first round I had 30 putts and several birdies. The second round I had 35 putts and several 3 putts. On my way home I stopped off at a local golf shop and went in wanting to try the Belly version of the ghost spider. They didn't have it, but they had the Corza version in 43" (which is too long for me). So I decided to roll what they had. A heel shafted Ghost Spider and a Center Shafted Ghost Spider. I have rolled a few center shafted putters but have never played one. Well I putted quite a bit better with the center shafted version, so I contacted Blind9golf and the putter is on its way! I may still convert it into a belly version, but since TM doesn't offer the center shafted one in a belly length, I figure it would be something I would do later. First, though I am going to trick this one out much like CG with some back weights and extra head weight. I super excited. I didn't think I would make a putter switch for a long time as generally I putt pretty well with my Ghost TM-770 (which on a side note, I have not noticed ANY problems with the paint. And on a further side note, I think I will be putting with a white putter forever) but I could use more MOI for those 4-7 footers. I also think the center shaft will help with my pulls and pushes a short range. Anyways, I don't know if you can tell that I am excited, but I am! :D so thanks again!

Nice, congrats Dr.!!! I also just recently found out that the Ghost Spider was made in a center shafted version. I rolled it at the shop and I REALLY liked it! I am seriously pondering.... For now the Yes! Abbie is on timeout and I have gone back to the Corza Ghost. Let me know how you end up liking your Spider.

My second round back with my ghost spider after testing a TP Mills putter for 2 weeks and gotta say I putted very poor the first 9, but much much better on the back 9 which included no 3 putts and 3 birdies made!! Its taken some time to getting used to it again, but my speed and alignment were just fantastic on the back 9. I think all that practice during testing has really paid off on my putting stroke.

When mine gets here I will most likely be bending the lie angle. I like mine bent a few degrees flat, which it sounds like might be the case with you as well TC. I am curious though how easy it is to bend a CS putter. Seems weird to incorporate a bend in a straight shaft. I'll let you know.

Doc, I know you are going to love your Ghost Spider. I am still madly in love with mine !

Where can I find some of those 16 gram weights, Redman? They in the standard putter weight set? Thanks

Found them. Ouch-expensive little suckers! Wonder if somebody has a "Generic" substitute?

Interesting Doc. How do you plan on bending it?

Interesting Doc. How do you plan on bending it?

Good question, I have a good fitter her and I am going to see what he thinks. I guess I should have said, I am going to see if I can bend my putter.

Good question, I have a good fitter her and I am going to see what he thinks. I guess I should have said, I am going to see if I can bend my putter.

Well keep me posted. I want details too.

I had two and a half rounds with the Ghost Spider. Interesting putter. 20 feet and more I was doing a decent job of getting it close but the short putts once again killed me. Maybe a belly spider??? Or maybe a spider con large grip.

My ghost spider is officially on the bench. He got beat like a cowboys cornerback in the 4th quarter.

I have 4 rounds with the Ghost Spider now and am loving it. My speed is a little off on slower greens, but I have been nailing most of the shorter putts. Those little 4 footers used to give me fits, but I seem to be much more confident standing over them. I am thinking about adding some heavier weights to see how that treats me. It's very frustrating having the right line to sink a long putt and leave it 2 or 3 feet short.

Well keep me posted. I want details too.

My guess is that the safest way would involve removing the shaft and bending it to the desired angle and then reinserting it.

Back