Srixon Z-Star Irons

Mine have not been adjusted at all and I have had no issues with turf interaction. I find that they do great and haven't had an issue with them digging at all. I actually am really a fan of the turn interaction with these clubs over others I've tried.

Thanks for the info guys. Has anyone adjusted lofts on previous sets and was the effect of the added bounce noticable? I can't see 1 or 2 degrees having much effect. My main concern is the gap from my PW to my 50*. It might end up as much as 40 yards. JB, I see you play a 50* as your gap. What is the yardage spread between it and your pw?

Thanks for the info guys. Has anyone adjusted lofts on previous sets and was the effect of the added bounce noticable? I can't see 1 or 2 degrees having much effect. My main concern is the gap from my PW to my 50*. It might end up as much as 40 yards. JB, I see you play a 50* as your gap. What is the yardage spread between it and your pw?

Same as the gap it is when I had a 47* PW and played a 52 degree. Or from my PW to my 9 iron. Normal gaps for me.

Saw these irons at a LGS yesterday. They look sweet & feel even better. I might have to put these in my bag :D

Well...I ended up purchasing these from "timtheputterman" & took them to the course today. All I can say is "THESE ARE KEEPERS". I switched from Mizuno JPX-800s. The Z-Stars have the distance/forgiveness of the JPXs....with better looks & feel. I will have these in my bag for a long time!

Congrats on the new sticks. Keep us updated.

Congrats. I'm going to have to hit theses sometime.

Well...I ended up purchasing these from "timtheputterman" & took them to the course today. All I can say is "THESE ARE KEEPERS". I switched from Mizuno JPX-800s. The Z-Stars have the distance/forgiveness of the JPXs....with better looks & feel. I will have these in my bag for a long time!
Yeah right, until the next sexy set comes out, take it from a true club ho, this won't be your final set!

Yeah right, until the next sexy set comes out, take it from a true club ho, this won't be your final set!

Don't hate....just appreciate :)

Sent from HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

I completed my second round with my new Z-Stars and I could not be happier. Finally I have half of my bag complete. Great looks, nice balance, awesome feel with distance, these are the total package. My set has the stock Nippon 1050 stiff shafts which I feel make this club even better. Silky smooth soaked in buttery goodness. I am almost a full club longer with these which makes sense because of the stronger lofts. But even with the strong lofts, they launch nicely and then fly straight and true. The only movement I got was the result of bad swings but misshits on the toe still went straight without alot of distance loss. Twice today I was faced with an approach to a front pin tucked behind a bunker and both times I pulled one club less than normal and trusted the club. Both times it flew high and straight and just when it looked like it was going to fall into the bunker, it got the extra 10 yards somewhere and carried the sand. My driving is a mess right now and it has put alot of pressure on my iron play. These new sticks have answered the call every time I asked them to do something. I was real worried about the turf interaction with these, and I was foolish to worry. They do not dig in the fairway at all for me, just leaves a thin divot. And they have been getting a workout from the rough where the thinner sole cuts right through and makes great contact with the ball. It takes the thickest, wet rough to slow these down.

These irons have given me the confidence between the tee and green that has been lacking in my game so far. I'm looking forward to the round where my driving is on because it will be a memorable.

:joy: :srixon: :joy:

Its been over 12 full months and these are still in my bag and I still love them as much as the day they arrived.

Its been over 12 full months and these are still in my bag and I still love them as much as the day they arrived.

That speaks volumes. Glad to see Srixon as an OEM for Morgan Cup 2.0.

I loved pure'ing you irons at demo day JB. Speaks volumes they're still in your bag!

Man, these are not too expensive right now. I can't lie. I've done a little beer sipping and ogling during the eveing on the internet :)

I love the look of these and would try them.....if they sold them in Canada.

That's huge. You've been able to try out so many different irons and these still win? They must be amazing irons then. I wish they made them in lefty.

Need to find some place to get my hands on these.

Need to find some place to get my hands on these.

PGA SS is the only retail shop I have ever seen them at in my parts.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I have decided that I want these very badly!!! I will be buying a set. but they are hard to find.

I have decided that I want these very badly!!! I will be buying a set. but they are hard to find.

Wow that is out of nowhere

some good prices for them New on ebay

some good prices for them New on ebay

I need to check the price on these at PGA SS. I think they may be discontinuing the selling of Srixon domestically hence the low cost on the drivers and FW woods. Can't believe I did not check this the other day.

I need to check the price on these at PGA SS. I think they may be discontinuing the selling of Srixon domestically hence the low cost on the drivers and FW woods. Can't believe I did not check this the other day.

they arent. I saw a Z Star driver in PGA SS about 3 weeks ago and it was WAYYYY over priced for a used driver.

Back