What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep going back to my Bridgestone E6 Optic Yellows. Good distance (for me) off the tee, easy to track and find. While I can still hit an impressive banana ball, these seem to help with that much of the time. Actually found some reduced a couple bucks on line this week too.
It's sure fun to look down at the green 160 yards or so away on a par 3 and see that bright yellow spot on it. Happens not very often but just enough to keep me coming back for more.
Pat

I recently replaced the original TaylorMade Burner LDP with the 2011 TaylorMade Burner Tour. For only $2 more per dozen, I saw increased spin on my short irons and wedges while still getting some forgiveness off the tee thanks to the LDP technology.

Nxt tour long and straight off the tee! Felt quite firm off the iron face and not as much spin as what iv been playing! Putted great! Itust be doing something right shot my best ever 77 today!

I played a sleeve of e6's monday, unfortunately they did last long. They felt great off the driver and flew straight with a good ball flight. They felt good off the irons, and i like the check and release on the chipping. Putter- they rolled true, hard to judge speed because off super wet greens.

I typically play the TM TP Black and i liked the e6 better off the driver. I will put these to up against each other next week when I hit the course again.

Played another round with the Gamer V2 after playing a few other balls. I have found balls I like better, but not for less than 30 bucks. I will continue to use it on and off.

found a Bridgestone E6 on a previous round and decided to play it . I played it through 15 only to lose it out of bounds off a poor swing on 16. I really liked it. Flew strait and long for me off the tee and was rewarding me off the irons too. I'd be almost willing to buy a sleeve to play in the future.

Last edited:
played the Penta and everytime i use it, it just reconfirms to me that this is by far the best all around ball you can find. straight and long off the tee but can still be stuck 160 yards out, and can be backed up by wedges. Unreal ball. Everytime i see a 2 for 1, or by 2 get 3rd free i jump on it. can't stock enough of these.

Been playing the Z-Star a lot and I learned one thing...TMAG needs to make a Penta in optic yellow

Brigestone B330 RX. My ball of choice now thanks to the Blind Ball Testing!! I did get a sleeve of the B330 RXS to see the difference between the 2.

The B330-RX. Like the distance, it's pretty straight. Spin on full wedge shots is sufficient but most definately lacking on half shots and chips. Ran a few way by the hole. Putting is taking some getting used to as well as it rolls faster than most.

Tempo, timing, tapping.

Mostly the Srixon AD-333 today; it just performs all around for me. Also played the E6 a bit but just don't like the lack of spin/checkup that I get out of it in comparison to the AD-333.

Tappin' from my iPad!

proV1x... this ball is still hard to beat in all around performance

I played a e6 this evening. We have had a lot of rain this week so the course was soft. Used my new irons for the first time with this ball and shot a even 80.

Switched over to the Bridgestone E-6 and am liking it very much so far. Goes a long way but still has a nice feel on the green.

I Played the penta vs 20xi-s. Penta won because I lost the Nike. Love the penta!!!distance check and feel.

For the past 2 weeks I have been testing 4 different balls to see which ones I like and want to use. These are the 4 balls:

a6cd08e6-9d01-2f8e.jpg

From left to right- Bridgestone Tour B330, Nike 20xi-S, Srixon Z-Star XV, Taylormade Penta (my current ball)

So far I found something in each ball that I really liked. The B330 is very balanced, the 20xi-S felt great off of irons on approach shots, the Z-Star XV was also a balanced ball and I loved the yellow, and the Penta is longer then any other ball off the tee.

B330: Honestly I didnt use this ball too much because I kept having bad days with it so I will hold off on a review of this one for now.
20xi-s: Not a fan off the tee because they felt hard but I thought they felt the best off my irons and I liked their feel around the greens.
Z-Star XV: I love the yellow...cant say that enough. This ball played like a ProV but wasnt too spinny on chips which put it above the ProV for me.
Penta: Still amazed by this ball. Long off the tee, soft on approaches, holds well on chips, and putts like a dream.

Not going to post a huge review here so I just kept things simple. Feel free to PM me if you want to know more from my experiences with these balls.

During the past month, I have played the following:

Srixon Z-Star XV, Bridgestone Tour B330, Taylormade Penta, Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway IS, Srixon Tri-Speed and now the Bridgestone e6.

Without a shadow of a doubt, I am switching to the e6's. I love the distance on the driver, the flight, the spin, the feel. Everything about this ball is brilliant. Recommend them to anyone that have not played them.

Bridgeston B330 RXS, I really liked it, but I think I get better distance out of the B330 RX.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

I played a Callaway i I found out on the course. This ball seemed pretty long to me. It felt nice off all clubs.

I just played Z-star yellow. ! ball whole round. Now thats what I call a success for me

Q-Star white Loving this ball. It makes a little noise off the driver but it's worth the results.

Nike ONE Tour. I love it. I spin the heck out of them. Hit a 5 iron 170 yesterday and it hit and just stopped dead. 3' from the original mark

Played the Penta and an NXT extreme yesterday. Mostly Penta. It was great in the short game and on approach shots, but a little to spinny off the tee for me. Had an 8 iron on a 144 par 3, hit the penta pin high and it spun back about 3 feet. Pretty awesome. Just messing around with them until my one tour D's come in on wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back