Best Shoe for Walking

This is going to sound crazy as I am about to recommend a non-golf shoe for walking 18 holes. Hear me out... I have 2 pairs of extremely comfortable Golf Ecco's that are great for casual golf or walking 9 holes but when I walk 18, I always go to my New balance Minimus trail. Here in Utah we have long mountain courses and 18 holes could be a 7-8 mile walk with a lot of incline change. My feet never hurt or ache like they used to when wearing a traditional golf shoe.
The New Balance Minimus is has great traction. They allow your toes to spread out and you end up using your feet the way they were intended too. Almost as good as playing barefoot! The other benefit to the minims is it only has a 4mm heel rise so you stand very flat. You WILL have better balance when swinging. It takes a few swing to get used to but it really does make a difference. I wear my golf shoes when golfing with customers or riding in carts but when I want to work on my balance or walk long courses the minimus cannot be beat!!

NewBalanceMinimusTrail.jpg

TY

Crazy idea here that no one has mentioned, but buying shoes need research. This is a good first step, but kind of in reverse.

I would recommend going to the golf store or wherever and trying on almost every shoe you can, the clerk may get annoyed, but that's their job, don't worry about it.

Narrow is down to shoes that feel great out of the box and walk around a little in the store with them on. Then after that, come back here and read reviews and ask questions about those shoes that fit you.

Everyone has a different foot shape, size, etc. so the best thing to do is to try them on yourself, no one can tell you what is right for you, only your feet can tell you what they want and enjoy.

I was hoping that someone could tell me the difference between the Adipure and the Adipure-Z. Are there internal differences? or only cosmetic?

+1...I always thought it was crazy to spend over $200 on a pair of spikes but I got a free pair of adiddas adi-pures and haven't looked back. I walked 36 about a month ago on a hot summer afternoon and at the end of the day my feet did not hurt one bit. These shoes are well worth the money and if taken care of will prob last me a few seasons. These shoes really want to make me try the ATVS's.

I'm going to buy a pair of the ATVS's when by next season.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Did anyone notice a little bit of heel slippage in the lunar controls? Looking for a shoe with good heel lockdown. Will this go away in the Nikes? I know adidas is pretty good at it.

I have a horrible time finding golf shoes. Only thing I have found that fits decent are the cheaper/basic Nike's because they have more of a rounded toe box. However, they don't last very long as I seem to go through a pair every couple months. I have a couple pair of FootJoy Contours and they are comfortable, but again didn't seem to last very long (better than the Nikes however). None of the adidas fit, regular or wide. The "premium" nike shoes are much more comfortable, but just don't seem to fit me good. I have a pair of Lunar Controls that I wear if I ride, but are a bit tight in the toe box so I haven't tried to walk 18 with them.

I just ordered a couple different sizes of FJ Sports so I will see how those are. Having big feet makes it worse because you can never find them in the store to try on. Sorry about my rant, but its good to see others with the same problem...lol

The FootJoy SuperLites is the best walking shoe I have ever worn, very light and comfortable.

My last 5-6 pairs were SuperLites and they are very comfortable. The FJ New Contour are even more comfortable. (to me)

I really like the Ecco Street (not to be confused with the Premiere's). Light, comfortable, and stable.

Hey everyone. Picked up 2 pairs of adidas tour 360 4.0. Both 9 regular and 9 wide. I can only walk around the house with them as I want to return one. 9 regular fits a bit snug, but I worry that 9 wide will stretch out, even though right now its a perfect fit. Any suggestions? Bigger size or smaller size.

Back