Petey from Big Break: Staying with my parents!

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
No, my parents have not adopted another son, this is only a temporary thing. A Hooters Tour event is being playing at my dad's club this week, and my parents are hosting 2 of the guys playing in the tournament. I talked to them earlier tonight, and they told me that one of them is Petey from the Big Break. Here's his profile from the Golf Channel on the show: http://www.golfchannel.com/about/bio/piri-borja/

The other player that is staying with them is Robert McKnight, who grew up in Scotland and turned pro right out of high school! He now lives in Florida, as does Petey. The first round of the tournament was today, Petey shot a 68, and Robert was still out on the course when I talked to my parents as he had an afternoon tee time. 63 is leading after the first round, which is -9 on a course that is 7022 yards from the tips, even the guys on the mini tours are good!

Interestingly, my parents told both of the guys about the Morgan Cup, and they were blown away by what the companies did for the amateurs in that event. Petey is still on TaylorMade staff, and he was telling Robert that TaylorMade treats the pros so well, he wasn't surprised that they did the same for the Morgan Cup. They are really enjoying hosting both of the guys, and are taking them out to dinner tonight and tomorrow night as well. I think it's cool that they're getting to know guys that may be on the PGA Tour someday.

Let us know if his swing is as nice as what they showed on the tv. I liked Petey.

That's great Ary! You're father will probably get some tips and whip your butt the next time you two play. heehee

That's pretty cool Doc!

That's really cool! Wow even Petey thought that the Morgan cup was sweet. THP moving the needle once again!

Hope your parents have a good time hosting!

BDG

That's awesome! I was pulling for Petey, guy could play, no doubt about that. He stood up to every elimination challenge he was faced with. Really was hoping he would pull it out!

No, my parents have not adopted another son, this is only a temporary thing. A Hooters Tour event is being playing at my dad's club this week, and my parents are hosting 2 of the guys playing in the tournament. I talked to them earlier tonight, and they told me that one of them is Petey from the Big Break. Here's his profile from the Golf Channel on the show: http://www.golfchannel.com/about/bio/piri-borja/

The other player that is staying with them is Robert McKnight, who grew up in Scotland and turned pro right out of high school! He now lives in Florida, as does Petey. The first round of the tournament was today, Petey shot a 68, and Robert was still out on the course when I talked to my parents as he had an afternoon tee time. 63 is leading after the first round, which is -9 on a course that is 7022 yards from the tips, even the guys on the mini tours are good!

Interestingly, my parents told both of the guys about the Morgan Cup, and they were blown away by what the companies did for the amateurs in that event. Petey is still on TaylorMade staff, and he was telling Robert that TaylorMade treats the pros so well, he wasn't surprised that they did the same for the Morgan Cup. They are really enjoying hosting both of the guys, and are taking them out to dinner tonight and tomorrow night as well. I think it's cool that they're getting to know guys that may be on the PGA Tour someday.

That's cool stuff ary...Petey had some game after coming back from elimination.

Very cool ary, I know the players are enjoying it as much as your parents. Tell the to get pictures and autographs, you never know.

That's so amazing, not something you hear of everyday that's for sure.

That is awesome. Petey was one of my favorites on the show.

Dang - that is very cool!! Even cooler that your parents shared the MC event with them!!

I liked Petey and good on your parents. Hope both guys do well and your parents have a blast.

Too cool!

That's awesome Ary!

The jealousy going through me right now is indescribable.

How cool is that? And I don't mean for your parents, but for the two golfers. Your family was the best. I'd love to tee it up with your Dad again some time. You can play, too, if you want.

Kevin

How cool is that? And I don't mean for your parents, but for the two golfers. Your family was the best. I'd love to tee it up with your Dad again some time. You can play, too, if you want.

Kevin

Agreed. Some of the most friendly and respectful people i have had the pleasure of meeting.

that's pretty cool...tell him to come play up in Springfield with us next time haha

That's pretty darn cool. Both that Petey is staying there, and that your parents are hosting like that. If I'm ever in a situation I can help some players like that, I'm going to make sure I do!

Wow, Petey was cool he kept coming back and back and back.

Very Cool! Your dad has got to be in Hog heaven! Did you tell him that you were sponsored by Taylormade...hehe

Thats awesome Ary, very very cool

Man that is awesome! I was definitely pulling for Petey! Good to hear he is in good company!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

That's great Ary! You're father will probably get some tips and whip your butt the next time you two play. heehee

I'm sure my dad will get some tips. He's like you, he beats me with his short game.

Kevin

Agreed. Some of the most friendly and respectful people i have had the pleasure of meeting.

Thanks for the nice words Kevin and Jarrod. I'm biased, but I also think my parents are great. Also, Kevin, thanks for giving me permission to tag along with you and my dad when the two of you play golf again. :wink:

That's pretty darn cool. Both that Petey is staying there, and that your parents are hosting like that. If I'm ever in a situation I can help some players like that, I'm going to make sure I do!

This situation actually happens more than you think. I doubt that it happens very much with PGA Tour guys, but I know that it happens frequently with guys on the Nationwide Tour and other mini tours. On the ladies side, I have heard of some LPGA players staying with local families, and I'm sure that happens with the female mini tours as well. If you have a tournament coming to your area, I'm sure you could check with the tournament staff to see if some players need to be hosted.

Robert finished at -1 on his round, he's on the wrong side of the cut line going into the 2nd round. I'm hoping both of them make the cut, it's so hard to make money on those tours.

I'm sure my dad will get some tips. He's like you, he beats me with his short game.

Thanks for the nice words Kevin and Jarrod. I'm biased, but I also think my parents are great. Also, Kevin, thanks for giving me permission to tag along with you and my dad when the two of you play golf again. :wink:

This situation actually happens more than you think. I doubt that it happens very much with PGA Tour guys, but I know that it happens frequently with guys on the Nationwide Tour and other mini tours. On the ladies side, I have heard of some LPGA players staying with local families, and I'm sure that happens with the female mini tours as well. If you have a tournament coming to your area, I'm sure you could check with the tournament staff to see if some players need to be hosted.

Robert finished at -1 on his round, he's on the wrong side of the cut line going into the 2nd round. I'm hoping both of them make the cut, it's so hard to make money on those tours.

Best of luck to both of them. Keep us posted on their stay Doc. That is such an awesome story, especially with them digging the Morgan Cup and all.

Back