Callaway Metal Woods - Morgan Cup Staff

I spent some time with the Octane driver, Razr Hawk 3wood, and Razr X hybrid yesterday afternoon. I was pondering a Octane 3wood but after last night, my ponder is over. The Razr Hawk 3wood is a hammer. I am in fact looking forward to some more opportunities to tee it up locally when I can find the time in my schedule. I think it's going to be a real asset off the tee for me. I wish I could explain how many 3woods I've been through in pursuit of the perfect one and I believe this is the one. The sound is nice, not like a typical Callaway wood, it sounds like you're really smashing the ball, not hollow and empty like Cally's of the past. Paired with the PX 7.0, I love the lowering, bore'ing ball flight. It's not near as affected by conditions.

The hybrid is similar to me. It's kind of a bomber and I hit it off of a tee for the first time with some lush results. In all honesty, it's not the sexiest hybrid, nor is it one that pops into your mind when you're pondering hybrids but it performs wonderfully. I like that it doesn't launch too high and I really like that it doesn't go right. I feel like I can be very aggressive with my swing and all is well.

Last but not least, the Octane driver. I love it! Love the sound, love the flight, love the forged composite on the crown. I am learning that when I really just swing at it, don't try to steer the ball with it, i get far superior results. I don't really fear aiming up the left side of the fairway with this driver at all, and that's new to me. So far, this driver is quickly becoming great for me. I can't wait to spend some more time with it.

You're really digging those PX shafts huh???? You can really go after the shots?

DDec your driving was freaking impressive.

His driving in the MC was impressive, I leaned on him for a few holes on Saturday when I wasn't hitting it all that well, and he always came through with a good drive.

I spent some time with the Octane driver, Razr Hawk 3wood, and Razr X hybrid yesterday afternoon. I was pondering a Octane 3wood but after last night, my ponder is over. The Razr Hawk 3wood is a hammer. I am in fact looking forward to some more opportunities to tee it up locally when I can find the time in my schedule. I think it's going to be a real asset off the tee for me. I wish I could explain how many 3woods I've been through in pursuit of the perfect one and I believe this is the one. The sound is nice, not like a typical Callaway wood, it sounds like you're really smashing the ball, not hollow and empty like Cally's of the past. Paired with the PX 7.0, I love the lowering, bore'ing ball flight. It's not near as affected by conditions.

The hybrid is similar to me. It's kind of a bomber and I hit it off of a tee for the first time with some lush results. In all honesty, it's not the sexiest hybrid, nor is it one that pops into your mind when you're pondering hybrids but it performs wonderfully. I like that it doesn't launch too high and I really like that it doesn't go right. I feel like I can be very aggressive with my swing and all is well.

Last but not least, the Octane driver. I love it! Love the sound, love the flight, love the forged composite on the crown. I am learning that when I really just swing at it, don't try to steer the ball with it, i get far superior results. I don't really fear aiming up the left side of the fairway with this driver at all, and that's new to me. So far, this driver is quickly becoming great for me. I can't wait to spend some more time with it.

I know that we talked about how long you have been searching for a reliable 3 wood, especially with the courses that you play in your area. It really sounds like you're getting this one dialed in, and that will be awesome for you to have so much confidence on the tee since you're already dialed in with the irons for the approach shots!

You're really digging those PX shafts huh???? You can really go after the shots?

I really am. I love the flight and consistency they provide. Dude, I just hammer with the 3wood and hybrid. I have no fear of a huge hook. I love it. The 3wood was such a good club off the tee for me in the MC. I haven't really tested the waters with it off the deck. I don't really need to. I'm happy just ripping that hybrid up there close.

I really am. I love the flight and consistency they provide. Dude, I just hammer with the 3wood and hybrid. I have no fear of a huge hook. I love it. The 3wood was such a good club off the tee for me in the MC. I haven't really tested the waters with it off the deck. I don't really need to. I'm happy just ripping that hybrid up there close.

I wasnt pondering hybrid shafts after Sunday but I am now......

Great update TC, thanks.

I hit a One-T special on Saturday in the 4 man scramble I was playing in. Off the tee I hit a solid drive around 270 yds that left us with 274 yds to the pin on this hole. One of my teammates put us in a perfect lay up spot so I said what the hell and grabbed the Razr Hawk and smoked one off the deck. It was low and dead online, it hit around 20 yards short and rolled up to about 18 feet from the hole on the green. One of my partners sunk the putt before I even had to roll it myself, it was an awesome eagle!

I'm playing tomorrow in Men's Club, I cannot wait to get back out there with my full bag of Callaway gear and rock. Tomorrow is a 2 man deal I'm teaming up with my dad for and we're going to just go ahead and win it I think. Why not?

Your dad is awesome!

You know, you're the 3rd person from the MC that has success hitting the driver off the deck dude.

Great update TC, thanks.

I hit a One-T special on Saturday in the 4 man scramble I was playing in. Off the tee I hit a solid drive around 270 yds that left us with 274 yds to the pin on this hole. One of my teammates put us in a perfect lay up spot so I said what the hell and grabbed the Razr Hawk and smoked one off the deck. It was low and dead online, it hit around 20 yards short and rolled up to about 18 feet from the hole on the green. One of my partners sunk the putt before I even had to roll it myself, it was an awesome eagle!

I'm playing tomorrow in Men's Club, I cannot wait to get back out there with my full bag of Callaway gear and rock. Tomorrow is a 2 man deal I'm teaming up with my dad for and we're going to just go ahead and win it I think. Why not?

Damn dude!!!!!!!!!!!

Who else did it besides One-T? I haven't tried that shot in 5 years and last time I did I shanked it so I never try it but I knew I couldn't hit my 3 wood that far and we already had a guy sitting about 20 yards short so I figured why not? It was awesome, I might just start dropping the ball on the tee and hitting it that way from now on. It wasn't but maybe 15 feet in the air and just screaming.

JRod did it a few times dude. I watched him pound one.

I think you should hit it off the deck all the time bro.

JRod did it a few times dude. I watched him pound one.

I think you should hit it off the deck all the time bro.
Nah, I struggle enough even when using a tee. I just got lucky and will leave it at that, it might be nice to try more often in scrambles or something though.

Yah I had to do it twice with the exact same spot in the trees. I could see my "divot" in the sticks 2 feet away from the previous round. It's the only club I can keep 20ft off the ground and slice it about 40 yards. I love the shallow face for shots off the deck.

Both shots were out of the sticks and it performed flawlessly.

What a great range session today! I was absolutely murdering the Octane driver. It just feels so powerful at impact. It's amazing how much more forgiving this driver is compared to my R11. Kind of shocking really. I'm really starting to get comfortable with the driver and what a difference that makes! I love the fact that I either hit the ball dead straight or with a draw. That's kind of new to me and man, does it change my approach on the tee box.

What a great range session today! I was absolutely murdering the Octane driver. It just feels so powerful at impact. It's amazing how much more forgiving this driver is compared to my R11. Kind of shocking really. I'm really starting to get comfortable with the driver and what a difference that makes! I love the fact that I either hit the ball dead straight or with a draw. That's kind of new to me and man, does it change my approach on the tee box.

You hit the highest drives I've ever seen, that first round at grand cypress was hilarious- that ball didn't know what it was in for lol.

I hit a bunch of razor hawks, never the octane- think it's the most forgiving of the callaway line?

I'm not brave enough to deck a driver. I saw Jrod do it twice, from under the same tree. It must be the granola.

Loving the updates on the woods fellas!

I'm not brave enough to deck a driver. I saw Jrod do it twice, from under the same tree. It must be the granola.

You need a driver with a shallow face in my opinion. TM drivers have faces that are too deep.

Kevin

You hit the highest drives I've ever seen, that first round at grand cypress was hilarious- that ball didn't know what it was in for lol.

I hit a bunch of razor hawks, never the octane- think it's the most forgiving of the callaway line?

Yes I do. I think the Octane is one of the most forgiving drivers I've hit in a while.

Yes I do. I think the Octane is one of the most forgiving drivers I've hit in a while.

I would've loved to hit this one more too.

Based on the success with the Octane 3w I have it still may be an option down the road. I just love the Razr Hawk driver and I don't know what could make me change.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. The sad part is Ive had so much practice with this shot I actually feel comfortable with it.

You need a driver with a shallow face in my opinion. TM drivers have faces that are too deep.

Kevin

I can do it pretty well even with my VR Tour which has a really deep face but the shallow face definately makes it alot easier.

Perfect way to describe it. I love how it feels through impact.

Does it feel like it sounds? From the sound of it I think I would really like it.

Does it feel like it sounds? From the sound of it I think I would really like it.

Yes. there is absolutely no tingyness? (heh) to it. I was considering throwing the Rombax I have in my R9 into this but I actually love this head/shaft combo. I don't see this club going anywhere for a long time.

Yes. there is absolutely no tingyness? (heh) to it. I was considering throwing the Rombax I have in my R9 into this but I actually love this head/shaft combo. I don't see this club going anywhere for a long time.

awesome, it just sounds like it would be very very solid feeling. The V2 is a great shaft dude, if its giving you good results I wouldnt mess with it(says the guy who just ordered another shaft for his 910 even though the RIP works perfect for me hehe)

Back