Rugby World Cup 2011 (Spoilers)

Xt1ncT-NZ

Englishman in New Zealand
Reaction score
Handicap
Not sure how many here are in to rugby, or even know about it!

The Rugby World Cup 2011 starts tonight here in Auckland New Zealand! It's gonna be one big 6 week party - but shorter if the All Blacks don't win!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets go South Africa :)

Behind the Springboks (bokke) all the way!!

Wearing my jersey and saw hundreds of people in traffic today also wearing theirs!

Awesome opening ceremony - bring on the rugby!!

Go England!!!

I am not a fan of any particular team, but I love watching Rugby games. It's like Kill the Man with the Football. Awesome game. I was introduced to it in college, and I tell you, those are some CRAZY bastages that play that game!

COME ON IRELAND :blob::clapp::joy:

Cant say that I am overly impressed with NZ performance today. Kahui and SWB though... awesome. That backline is the key to winning the WC...

For The Win!!!

6jmpN.jpg

NZ weren't on top form when they lost to SA back in the tri nations. Very lack lustre.

Of course, there's only one team worth watching as far as I'm concerned, Wales! Pleidiol wyf i'm Gwlad !!

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

Cant say that I am overly impressed with NZ performance today. Kahui and SWB though... awesome. That backline is the key to winning the WC...

Not sure really. Although why Henry has picked so many full backs and only one real winger I'll never know. SBW was pretty good today, will be interesting to see him paired with Conrad Smith.

At the pointy end of the RWC it'll be about building a platform with the forward pack and playing position a lot of the time. NZ have the forwards to do that - if they can keep them injury free!

England have a big pack, and they'll be ok if they are able to play a tight game. If they start getting run around the park they'll struggle for sure against the likes of Australia/NZ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow my lot were awful last night. And Jonny really didn't have his kicking boots with him!

Hopefully we improve a lot for our next game

Looking for the Aussie's to take it to Italy tomorrow!

Sheesh... really disappointed with the with the South African performance today. I have no idea why we still play John Smit. He should captain from the bench. The difference the few replacements made to the team spirit was clearly evident. Glad we picked up the win, but it really should not have been that hard... Well done to Wales though, had they made their kicks, they would have topped the pool.

i think ireland's performance today was poor to say the least. johny sexton showed his immaturity at the big stage, brian o driscoll got hammered from start to finish. if they perform like that against austrailia its gonna be very disappointing

Not great performances from any of the supposed big guns!

Hopefully England play better in their next game.

Russia v USA tomorrow. Just like the old days... :)

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

Too bad none of this is televised here. I'd watch it. I use to play it a fair bit. Back when I lived in Austalia they were pretty dominant.

Do they play this in Canada?

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

Yeah. They do. Interesting thing about Rugby and the United States. Rugby use to be the only type of "football" we played in this country. The Government then put it to a vote, and what we know as football became the official game of football in America. There are two types of Rugby, the more traditional: Rugby Union and what can be described as the "poor man's" rugby: Rugby League. I found League much more fun to play b/c there were much bigger hits, and all the rules in Union can be exhausting. Plus, being on the bottom of a ruck and maul freaking sucks!

Good Win for the US, under the cosh for the last 10 minutes with a 7 point lead...

Yes and they had a great win over Tonga last night. Not a small thing that either as they make those Tongans BIG!

Good result for the USA tonight as well - they looked pretty emotional afterwards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back