The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That pass wasn't turrible

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

this guy name Cam Newton is serious..

What a stud!! No one saw this coming! Love it

I think someone should bump the NFL Draft thread....Lots of fun Cam Newton talk in there....hehehe

Vikings beating the chargers. Say whatttttttttttt

What a stud!! No one saw this coming! Love it

Really? Nobody? Check the NFL draft thread....

Really? Nobody? Check the NFL draft thread....

Oops, forgot you were an insider. Either way, I didn't expect him to throw for 200 yards and 2 td's in the first half.

Crap, I get to watch the skins game! Was hoping to catch the Panthers instead.

Oops, forgot you were an insider. Either way, I didn't expect him to throw for 200 yards and 2 td's in the first half.

Not about an insider Bridges 2.0...There are probably 15 pages in that thread where everybody was calling him JaMarcus and I kept saying over and over that this kid is NOTHING like him and will be VERY good.

Not about an insider Bridges 2.0...There are probably 15 pages in that thread where everybody was calling him JaMarcus and I kept saying over and over that this kid is NOTHING like him and will be VERY good.

What if he doesn't win do you still consider him good? Say he leads the team to a 5-11 record yet is top 3 in MVP voting do you consider it a successful season? I was a doubter before the season, back at the draft and even in preseason but so far I like what hes doing to AZs defense.

Im about as big of a Cam Newton homer as there is, and I even didnt see those kind of stats for him in his first career start.

A lot of people knew Cam would be good, he has talent. Unfortunately, those arent the people that ESPN hire to put on TV for their Draft specials.

Nice to see the Ravens pound the Steelers. Ive always respected the way the Ravens play and its nice to see them get some revenge for losing to the Steelers in the playoffs last season.
Great game by the Bears too. I think a lot of people were thinking the Falcons were going to make it a lot more interesting but the Bears' D shut them down and did what they do: force turnovers on defence, score some points and give the offense a short field. Cutler looked pretty good too. Nothing spectacular but he didnt do anything stupid either.
The Vikings are look good too. That opening kickoff return TD was sick and Peterson is going to be a challenge for defenses this year. If McNabb can stay healthy the Vikes might be a decent team this year.
It was nice to see the Lions get a great win today too. That team and its fanbase could use a good year.
If your team got blown out this week, no worries. Its only week 1 and theres a lot of football left to be played.

What if he doesn't win do you still consider him good? Say he leads the team to a 5-11 record yet is top 3 in MVP voting do you consider it a successful season? I was a doubter before the season, back at the draft and even in preseason but so far I like what hes doing to AZs defense.

Absolutely. Do you remember their record last year? He is a rookie QB on a below average team.
Do you remember Aikman's record as a rookie?
Peyton Manning?

Im about as big of a Cam Newton homer as there is, and I even didnt see those kind of stats for him in his first career start.

A lot of people knew Cam would be good, he has talent. Unfortunately, those arent the people that ESPN hire to put on TV for their Draft specials.
Im excited to see what the Packer defense does against him next Sunday. He's a talented kid, no doubt and that defense needs another good challenge to help them get tuned up for the Bears.

Im excited to see what the Packer defense does against him next Sunday. He's a talented kid, no doubt and that defense needs another good challenge to help them get tuned up for the Bears.

He might rough those Packers up.

Absolutely. Do you remember their record last year? He is a rookie QB on a below average team.
Peyton Manning?

Wasn't old enough for Aikmans rookie season :D But I do want cam to get the monkey off his back. Since he said he was going pro all you heard was "another Russell" but I want to see him play against a good defense which will be next week.

EDIT: wow Peyton and 3-13 rookie season? OUCH! and wow Aikman went 0-11? Never would have guessed. But the next year he got emmitt..was Irvin on his rookie season?

If the defense doesnt show up he just might. If his offensive line doesnt show up though, the Packers will rough him up.

Eli Manning looks like Eli Manning.
Downtrodden, weak and lackluster.

Cam wants to be a QB...that is his difference from JaMarcus. He will do great because he wants to. I am not a fan of his but I love his mindset.

Peyton had a bad rookie season cuz the colts really really sucked back then. The 3 wins was good lol

He and Steve Smith are gonna go HAM dude.

Nice to see the Ravens pound the Steelers. Ive always respected the way the Ravens play and its nice to see them get some revenge for losing to the Steelers in the playoffs last season.
Great game by the Bears too. I think a lot of people were thinking the Falcons were going to make it a lot more interesting but the Bears' D shut them down and did what they do: force turnovers on defence, score some points and give the offense a short field. Cutler looked pretty good too. Nothing spectacular but he didnt do anything stupid either.
The Vikings are look good too. That opening kickoff return TD was sick and Peterson is going to be a challenge for defenses this year. If McNabb can stay healthy the Vikes might be a decent team this year.
It was nice to see the Lions get a great win today too. That team and its fanbase could use a good year.
If your team got blown out this week, no worries. Its only week 1 and theres a lot of football left to be played.

2010, did you watch the Bears game? Probably not. Cutler tore up the Falcons and Peppers/Melton had Matt Ryan for a snack.

Cam wants to be a QB...that is his difference from JaMarcus. He will do great because he wants to. I am not a fan of his but I love his mindset.

Peyton had a bad rookie season cuz the colts really really sucked back then. The 3 wins was good lol

Ummm, yeah that is not the only case. Not sure how much you remember of the two players, but there is nothing about them alike. Not throwing motion, not anything.

Peyton Manning?

Airman was 1-15 as a rookie and Manning threw a league leading 28 interceptions and was 3-13 as a rookie.

Ummm, yeah that is not the only case. Not sure how much you remember of the two players, but there is nothing about them alike. Not throwing motion, not anything.

Work ethic as well. Russell didn't workout as hard as Cam did. Plus..

In my opinion Cam has an advantage. He's playing with the purpose that he doesn't end up like Russell

Guess it was a good thing I had to work all day. WTF happened to my Chefs? They might be ahead to go bake a cake at this point. That's simply embarrassing. At least the chargers are losing, but looks like they are trying to get back into the game.

Oh Cam....That was not one of your better decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back