TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

I'm still confused as to what the 8 different settings are.

1) STD loft SQ face< STD lie<
2) 1/2* less loft? 1* open? STD lie<
lower 3) 1* less loft 2* open STD lie<
4) ? ? ?
upright5) STD loft? SQ face<? 1* upright
6) ? ? ?
higher 7) 1* more loft 2* closed STD lie<
8) 1/2* more loft? 1* closed? STD lie<

Supposedly the lie angle is adjustable + or - 1*. If so, which setting is 1* flat?

Feature_664_Rescue11.jpg

I'm still confused as to what the 8 different settings are.

1) STD loft SQ face< STD lie<
2) 1/2* less loft? 1* open? STD lie<
lower 3) 1* less loft 2* open STD lie<
4) ? ? ?
upright5) STD loft? SQ face<? 1* upright
6) ? ? ?
higher 7) 1* more loft 2* closed STD lie<
8) 1/2* more loft? 1* closed? STD lie<

Supposedly the lie angle is adjustable + or - 1*. If so, which setting is 1* flat?

I think it only goes upright not flat.
going to the right from Neutral
Neutral=Square
Neutral Right= 1* open and 0.5* less loft
Right= 2* open and 1* less loft
Neutral Upright Right= 1* upright, 1* less loft, and 2* open
Going left from neutral
Neutral Left= 1*closed and 0.5* more loft
Left= 2* closed, 1* more loft
Neutral Upright left= 2*closed 1*more loft, 1* upright
Neutral Upright= Standard loft and 1* upright, square face

Hope this helps, its been awhile since I messed with mine so my memory is a little foggy, I know its pretty darn close to being correct but might be a little off on a couple

Last edited:
Neutral=Square
Going left from neutral

Hope this helps, its been awhile since I messed with mine so my memory is a little foggy, I know its pretty darn close to being correct but might be a little off on a couple

It helps a lot! Thank you very much!

Neutral=Square

Going left from neutral

Features:

Adjust the loft with Flight Control Technology (FCT)
Adjust the face angle by 4° (+/- 2° left and right), adjust the loft by 2° (+/- 1° higher or lower), adjust the lie 2° (+/- 1° more upright or flat) and 1,000 RPM Spin Rate Change (+/- 500 RPM higher or lower spin rate)
Deeper face and lower CG for easier launch
White non-glare crown and black clubface for easy alignment

The above excerpt from Taylormade's website indicates that you can adjust the Rescue 11 one degree flat too.

Features:

Adjust the loft with Flight Control Technology (FCT)
Adjust the face angle by 4° (+/- 2° left and right), adjust the loft by 2° (+/- 1° higher or lower), adjust the lie 2° (+/- 1° more upright or flat) and 1,000 RPM Spin Rate Change (+/- 500 RPM higher or lower spin rate)
Deeper face and lower CG for easier launch
White non-glare crown and black clubface for easy alignment

The above excerpt from Taylormade's website indicates that you can adjust the Rescue 11 one degree flat too.

I really think its a typo IMO, I have messed with it so many times and the new sleeve is just the same as the R9 but relabeled to be easier to understand, if it goes flat I have never seen it, I can see the upright when I change it but nothing ever looks flatter

Just a little update on me and my Rescue. Since my par resulting tee shot a few weeks ago, I haven't had the best of luck with the Rescue. My swing hasn't been the best lately, so that's probably a large part of it. I'm still having some tempo issues, which is resulting in some pretty bad hooks. Still working on a few things so we'll see what happens. Playing in a scramble tomorrow so I'll report back afterwards.

Just a little update on me and my Rescue. Since my par resulting tee shot a few weeks ago, I haven't had the best of luck with the Rescue. My swing hasn't been the best lately, so that's probably a large part of it. I'm still having some tempo issues, which is resulting in some pretty bad hooks. Still working on a few things so we'll see what happens. Playing in a scramble tomorrow so I'll report back afterwards.

I hope you get it worked out. I am still loving mine, everything about it just works for me.

I hope you get it worked out. I am still loving mine, everything about it just works for me.

When my head's on straight and my swing it decent, I've had great results with it. But when I'm off, things haven't been all that good. We'll have to see what tomorrow brings. I'll have to tell myself, swing easy.... swing easy....

I've only been out with it twice but I'm super pleased with mine, especially going steel in it. I swing it like an iron now and not a wood, so far so good, I've always had success with steel in my hybrids.

I've only been out with it twice but I'm super pleased with mine, especially going steel in it. I swing it like an iron now and not a wood, so far so good, I've always had success with steel in my hybrids.

I've been pondering a shaft change myself. Not to steel mind you, but another graphite. I love the Attas shaft in my driver so I've been pondering the hybrid shaft. Hmmm... maybe there's a shaft test in my future.

If you're having tempo issues a shaft change could make it worse, though. i always thought the R11 and its weight were great for evening out tempo. Dial that thing down to open the face a tad to combat your hooking until you get things squared away.

I've been pondering a shaft change myself. Not to steel mind you, but another graphite. I love the Attas shaft in my driver so I've been pondering the hybrid shaft. Hmmm... maybe there's a shaft test in my future.

If you're having tempo issues a shaft change could make it worse, though. i always thought the R11 and its weight were great for evening out tempo. Dial that thing down to open the face a tad to combat your hooking until you get things squared away.

That I'll do! I've got it set to Higher right now. I'll try her the other way this weekend.

The shaft change was more pondering than anything else.

I just got done at the range. I wanted to post videos highlighting the sound of this club. We have talked a lot about how nice it is. Well, here you go.

great video BG....forgot how good that thing sounds

I just got done at the range. I wanted to post videos highlighting the sound of this club. We have talked a lot about how nice it is. Well, here you go.

mmmmmm I love that sound.

Just had one of my better rounds hitting the ball in a while. I was having a hard time hitting the hybrid but only because I was having a hard time hitting everything! Anyhow, I think the swing is starting to come back around. I had a couple of great shots with the hybrid today, but I am exhausted from working and being on my feet all day and then walking 9 holes, so I will have to fill everyone in tomorrow! Still lovin this club!

As I mentioned before, I played in a scramble on Saturday. Really fun time, but my ball striking is still leaving a lot to be desired. Played the Rescue twice and neither were great shots. As with the majority of my clubs right now, I'm putting a huge pull on the ball. I'm not sure what the exact problem is, but I'm hitting the ball with a closed face. Not 100% sure what the direct cause of that is, but that's whats happening. First shot was over a hazard with about 220 or so to the green. The was a bridge over the hazard to my left. Made pretty good contact with the ball, but pulled it low straight into the bridge. Ball bounced off the bridge and OB. Would have been fine if I had hit it straight. I don't fully remember the second shot, but I came over the top and hit it down into the ground and to the left. So in the end, I've got a bad swing at the moment and I can't complain about the club. My bad shots are a result of me, not it. Still loving the sound and looks of the Rescue. They are top notch. If I could only get my swing in order, things would be perfect.

Another good round hitting the ball last night, short game is struggling because I have been working on the range so much and not on the practice greens, but on one of the long par 3's at my course I always have a hard time hitting the green. Last night I hit one of the best shots I have ever hit with the 3h, right to the center of the green about 20 feet from the pin. With the way I'm swinging my woods the ball flight was a little lower than I had previously been used to, but I like it! Still a mid trajectory and a very straight penetrating flight. My last couple of rounds I have been hitting this thing on a string. In my last couple of rounds I have needed it for much other than tee shots, but that is where this club really shines for me. Straight as an arrow every time.

I got a response from TaylorMade on the settings for the FCT. Apparently it is the same as the R11 driver. The draw/fade bias figures is for the driver.
TM Rescue 11 FCT

FCT position
Loft Change
Face Angle
Lie Angle
Draw/Fade Bias

NU-R
-0.5*
1* open
1* upright
8 yds--fade
lower
R
-1*
2* open
0.5* upright
16 yds--fade

N-R
-0.5*
1* open
N/C
10 yds--fade
standard
N
N/C
Square
0.5* flat
2 yds—draw

N-L
+0.5*
1* closed
N/C
16 yds—draw
higher
L
+1*
2* closed
0.5* upright
24 yds—draw

NU-L
+0.5*
1* closed
1* upright
18 yds—draw

NU
N/C
Square
1.5* upright
6 yds--draw

I got a response from TaylorMade on the settings for the FCT. Apparently it is the same as the R11 driver. The draw/fade bias figures is for the driver.
TM Rescue 11 FCT

FCT position

Loft Change

Face Angle

Lie Angle

Draw/Fade Bias

NU-R

-0.5*

1* open

1* upright

8 yds--fade

lower

R

-1*

2* open

0.5* upright

16 yds--fade

N-R

-0.5*

1* open

N/C

10 yds--fade

standard

N

N/C

Square

0.5* flat

2 yds—draw

N-L

+0.5*

1* closed

N/C

16 yds—draw

higher

L

+1*

2* closed

0.5* upright

24 yds—draw

NU-L

+0.5*

1* closed

1* upright

18 yds—draw

NU

N/C

Square

1.5* upright

6 yds--draw

That is some awesome information right there!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

With my Rescue 11's I played with the settings quite a bit, but I don't think a saw numbers as great as those above, but I did see a difference in ball flight.

With my Rescue 11's I played with the settings quite a bit, but I don't think a saw numbers as great as those above, but I did see a difference in ball flight.

I'd say the bias numbers are subjective to the user. When I set mine to higher, I actually saw the ball straighten out!

I'd say the bias numbers are subjective to the user. When I set mine to higher, I actually saw the ball straighten out!

I'm not saying it doesn't work, I think it does, I just didn't see those huge changes in draws and fades as above.

I'm not saying it doesn't work, I think it does, I just didn't see those huge changes in draws and fades as above.

Yeah, its all subjective to your particular swing IMO. I haven't even messed with the settings on mine yet, been very nice in neutral for me...really liking this club.

Sorry, that was not my intent. I agree with you, but the numbers they are showing are not for everyone.

Back