Callaway Metal Woods - Morgan Cup Staff

That's a pretty strong statement from Jrod as he absolutely loved his previous 3 wood.

Nice video Ninja! That Razr hawk is a bad mother!

Nice video Ninja! That Razr hawk is a bad mother!

I love it dude. It's a monster off the tee and so easy to hit off the deck. What more could you want?

I love it dude. It's a monster off the tee and so easy to hit off the deck. What more could you want?

I don't know.

Thank you. Callaway metalwoods this year are winners.

Thank you. Callaway metalwoods this year are winners.

Agreed. It's pretty funny also cause as Hawk pointed out I figured the 3W was the safest club in my bag. Apparently not.

so, thanks to my brother, the Razr Hawk 10.5 has been revived. Put the PX 6.0 shaft in it and its a whole new clube. I was killing it yesterday. Trajectory is what I have been dreaming about!!! Man, I would have loved to have had this setup at TMC.

Glad you liked it so much buddy. It's a winning combination.

Glad you liked it so much buddy. It's a winning combination.

I would agree, I was just killing the ball, its nice to see what this driver is supposed to feel like!

I had a chance to finally get my revived Diablo Octane Tour 15 out last night. I forgot how much I loved this club... Little Recap:

Handicap: 15.5
Date: 9/14, conditions.. warm but not hot about 730pm
Testing Goal: Hit the ball on the upswing

After my last go round with the Octane Tour I decided it was time to change my angle of attack. My fitter had mentioned I need to go to first base more and that would help me start to hit the ball on the upswing. it was the cause of my Octane having to be sent back to Callaway for repairs. They ended up having to replace it.

What I found was almost a different shot shape. The ball started out low but rose to a nice ballflight that I really liked. The ballflight didn't seem to hang up (not that it did before) and I thought it looked like there was some decent distance. Also at impact, instead of coming into turf I was usually just hitting ball. This made for a different sound/feel that was quite a bit smoother.

My shot shape was a fade but it was much less pronounced. I'd say almost half of what it was before. Was my goal accomplished? Yes to a degree. It will take time but Im really liking hitting up as opposed to coming down. More to come!

Back