TaylorMade R11 Irons Reviews

People say there isnt much activity in this thread but there now will be because of a testing opportunity but what about the six sets out there? I haven't signed up for testing lately because I'm sick of hearing just that, but i guess If I sign up now for these I'm here for the free stuff.

This is a 45 page thread that has a good amount of review information, and there is another thread to the effect of TaylorMade announces R11 Irons that also has some review information from the six of us that played the R11s during the Morgan Cup. I know I've posted reviews or answered questions/comments between the two threads.

And maybe an even more telling stat, all of you are still playing the R11 irons I believe.

I'm still playing them (well if you call a couple range sessions playing them) minus the couple SCOR Wedges I'm testing. Certainly in my bag as my gamers at least.

See post #1 in this thread.

Are you sure? How would you know?

As a member that is active on THP, there is never a need to feel bad about signing up to test equipment. You should sign up to test everything if you want to be an equipment tester.

I dont know it was more of a question/statement that some of the MC TM staff guys could come in and either confirm or not.

Sorry I didn't put my statement that well. I sometimes get side tracked and my thoughts get jumbled. I knew people weren't going to like it but that's ok. It just upsets me people say there is going to be so much more activity in this thread now because there's going to be a give a way. I'm going leave it at that before everyone starts hating me.... To late.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

That is awesome that there will be an R11 testing!

I dont know it was more of a question/statement that some of the MC TM staff guys could come in and either confirm or not.

They are definitely in my bag. I haven't played much golf since the Morgan Cup, but will be playing more in the next couple of weeks, so I'll get some more testing in for them. I usually only keep one set of irons around at a time, so my R9 irons are headed to BST pretty soon.

Sorry I didn't put my statement that well. I sometimes get side tracked and my thoughts get jumbled. I knew people weren't going to like it but that's ok. It just upsets me people say there is going to be so much more activity in this thread now because there's going to be a give a way. I'm going leave it at that before everyone starts hating me.... To late.

No one is going to hate on you. I think part of the reason people were saying there hasn't been much activity in this thread is because these are very new irons, they just hit the marketplace on September 1. The Morgan Cup staffers were very lucky to play these as pre-release irons in August. There just aren't that many people that can give first-hand knowledge of these irons. However, throw in a testing opportunity, and I'm sure more people will check out this thread to learn about the R11 irons before they sign up for testing. If you feel like you'd do a good job in testing the irons, go right ahead and apply! Also, you're active in this thread and other places (that avatar is hard to miss), I'm pretty sure people would not say that you are "just here for the free stuff."

Ary makes good points. Seems like the OEMs willingly send gear to THP, THP willingly sends it out to us for review, and the only expectation is participation and honesty. Reviews aren't contests, so the selection can be weighted to disfavor the guy who posts once to say "gimme gimme". The irons have only been on the market two weeks, so the pending reviews should generate a lot of excitement, traffic for THP, and hopefully some sales for Taylormade. I'm having a hard time thinking of a loser in this situation.

They are definitely in my bag. I haven't played much golf since the Morgan Cup, but will be playing more in the next couple of weeks, so I'll get some more testing in for them. I usually only keep one set of irons around at a time, so my R9 irons are headed to BST pretty soon.

No one is going to hate on you. I think part of the reason people were saying there hasn't been much activity in this thread is because these are very new irons, they just hit the marketplace on September 1. The Morgan Cup staffers were very lucky to play these as pre-release irons in August. There just aren't that many people that can give first-hand knowledge of these irons. However, throw in a testing opportunity, and I'm sure more people will check out this thread to learn about the R11 irons before they sign up for testing. If you feel like you'd do a good job in testing the irons, go right ahead and apply! Also, you're active in this thread and other places (that avatar is hard to miss), I'm pretty sure people would not say that you are "just here for the free stuff."

That's what I was trying to say and I thought there would have been more reviews from the MCuppers in regards to these pre releases irons.

This will definitely be a popular testing thread when the final announcement is made.

That's what I was trying to say and I thought there would have been more reviews from the MCuppers in regards to these pre releases irons.

I kind of see what you were saying now. I think some of the MC'ers have done a much better job than others for sure. You're right though, prerelease TM irons deserve a bit more attention.

This will definitely be a popular testing thread when the final announcement is made.

*F5* *F5* *F5* *F5* *F5* *F5* *F5* ...

Yeah it will. These sound like incredible clubs. Would love to test them out myself.

These are defiantly amazing. Got the chance to hit the 6 iron at our course the other day, not going to lie, almost perfect for my game, based on just the 6 iron anyways.

WHO ever gets the chance to test these, better appreciate what THP and TM do for this site and it's members and better summit the best reviews I have read on here.

As much as I would love to test these as they are very easily just what I am looking for in an iron. I will probably only get to play about 5 more times before Winter and then wont get to play again until April. That being said, would much rather see someone get these who could offer the most feedback back to this site and its members.

CB had PX's installed in his as a custom option. The standard shaft in the R11's are KBS 90.

Thanks. Same as the R9's then.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Holy schnauzer balls!!!!!!!!!!! Boy I cant wait for this one. Ive always been a Taylormade guy and would love to get my hands on a set of these

Exciting to hear these might be on their way to THP testers. The irons look great, I would love to hear all about them, maybe even test them.

Ironically, the birdie thread had this info up 2 days ago.

Gotta love that birdie, TWEET TWEET. Love the look of the R11's, I bet this thread will be crazy since there will be a testing.

Man I know if CB likes them this much I will love these. Workability plus forgiveness plus distance. I love the PC's right now but I do miss the distance I had with the Di11's

I kind of see what you were saying now. I think some of the MC'ers have done a much better job than others for sure. You're right though, prerelease TM irons deserve a bit more attention.

It only took multiple post to get it out with the help of others. It's been a long busy week.

I think its great that several lucky THPer's are going to get to test the R11's! If I wasn't already going to be testing the new Adams set I would be all over this.

exciting stuff.......cant wait for the sign ups!

I think its great that several lucky THPer's are going to get to test the R11's! If I wasn't already going to be testing the new Adams set I would be all over this.

and the Bridgestone balls and greensaver tool.....lol Lucky man Tim :D

and the Bridgestone balls and greensaver tool.....lol Lucky man Tim :D

The dude gets picked because he gives excellent excellent reviews. I love reading the threads he is involved in because they seem to just take off with tons of participation.

the anticipation of my r11s coming in is killing me! anyone else going through this? I swear ill shoot a 57 with these.

the anticipation of my r11s coming in is killing me! anyone else going through this? I swear ill shoot a 57 with these.

That's exactly how I was, I was ate up with anticipation, and now I haven't hit them since Saturday, and I ca'n't wait for the range tomorrow.

The dude gets picked because he gives excellent excellent reviews. I love reading the threads he is involved in because they seem to just take off with tons of participation.

+1. TBT is in the Greensaver thread with me, and he is simply amazing. Only good things to say about him!

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Back