Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

I like the way your bag is shaping up man

Its almost there dude. I have to admit I wasn't sure anything could hold a candle to the Mashie but its gonna be a close race. I'm just so comfortable with the Mashie I dont know what to do. The shaft is far superior imo but I'm liking what the Razr X is offering in terms of forgivness and sound/feel.

I've been looking into getting a 3 hybrid and was interested in the Mashie. My concern is that my 4 iron loft is 21 degrees and the Mashie is 20.5. I hit my 4 iron about 185 yards on average and I was looking for a hybrid that would give me about 200 yards or at least 195. I wasn't sure if the Mashie would do that with only a half degree of loft difference, so I was hoping someone could help me out here.

Also, I'm sure this has probably been asked about before, but it's a rather LENGTHY thread lol, and I didn't have enough time to read through all the posts. So I apologize if that's the case.

Thanks!

I've been looking into getting a 3 hybrid and was interested in the Mashie. My concern is that my 4 iron loft is 21 degrees and the Mashie is 20.5. I hit my 4 iron about 185 yards on average and I was looking for a hybrid that would give me about 200 yards or at least 195. I wasn't sure if the Mashie would do that with only a half degree of loft difference, so I was hoping someone could help me out here.

Also, I'm sure this has probably been asked about before, but it's a rather LENGTHY thread lol, and I didn't have enough time to read through all the posts. So I apologize if that's the case.

Thanks!

Well, everyone's play translates differently from irons to hybrids, but here's my 2 cents. My 3 iron is the same exact loft as my M3 and I am consistently 20 yards longer with the Mashie. In fact, throughout my testing of hybrids before I settled on the Mashie I found the vast majority of those similarly lofted to my long irons all had that same ~20 yards in added distance. The M3 knocked my 18* 2 iron out of the bag, but you really have to go out and hit them yourself to know for sure.

Mashies came through again on yesterday's league play. I feel so much more confident hitting long approach shots. before I would lay up since I didn't feel too confident on hitting the longer irons. now, it's almost automatic to pull out the M2 for 200+ yards shots. this helped me with long par 4's. still waiting for the M4.

Bump. This the longest this thread has gone without getting any love. Is Mashie Mania slowly fading?

Tempo, timing, tapping.

Bump. This the longest this thread has gone without getting any love. Is Mashie Mania slowly fading?

Tempo, timing, tapping.

Not in my bag.. I still love the M3.. i have total confidence with this club and I am hitting it the best of everything in my bag.. I wish I hit all the clubs as well as I hit the M3!

How is the consistancy of this club? Not in terms of striking/forgiveness, but rather distance and ball flight on flush hits. I want a hybrid that is a continuation of my iron set so I need consistant distance/ball flight. Thanks guys!

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

How is the consistancy of this club? Not in terms of striking/forgiveness, but rather distance and ball flight on flush hits. I want a hybrid that is a continuation of my iron set so I need consistant distance/ball flight. Thanks guys!

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

I find them to be very consistent...sometimes a bit too consistent since I have flown a few greens expecting the club not to perform lol.

i don't know if this has been asked already, but anyway...

i am currently playing a set of burner 2.0 irons (4-PW) plus a burner 2.0 SF #4 (21 degrees) hybrid.
since i am starting to hit the 4 iron better and better, i am thinking of replacing my hybrid which is basically equivalent to the iron.
i am therefore contemplating the possibility of getting a mashie instead of a burner again.
which one would you suggest (my 4 iron is 21 degrees as well, and 1" long, too): the M2 or the M3?

i don't know if this has been asked already, but anyway...

i am currently playing a set of burner 2.0 irons (4-PW) plus a burner 2.0 SF #4 (21 degrees) hybrid.
since i am starting to hit the 4 iron better and better, i am thinking of replacing my hybrid which is basically equivalent to the iron.
i am therefore contemplating the possibility of getting a mashie instead of a burner again.
which one would you suggest (my 4 iron is 21 degrees as well, and 1" long, too): the M2 or the M3?

Probably the m2 then, the m3 is 20.5 degrees.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Is there a new version of the Mashie coming out this year?

I recently swapped out the stock grip and have never hit my M3 better. Previously, it was very easy for me to hook the ball. After a few tips here on really forcing the face to look open at address, I'm starting to really get it down. With the new grip, its easier to keep the club from being hooded at address. If you're hooking it alot, try a new grip.

Just snagged an M3 off the 'bay to mate up with my M2 and give me a great option when my 4 iron doesn't feel like flushing.

I'm bumping this thread for some nostalgia... Well more importantly I get to put this one back in the bag. I decided to try with the Mashie before the Razr X because I actually hit my M3 consistantly around 200 yards which is what I'm missing with the Adams. THe Razr X was a tad longer for me.

Thanks Yoccos for bumping this one. I did want to note that I have a new set of R9 TPs coming in the mail. It has a 3 iron included in the set. I plan on putting it up against the Mashie to see which one prevails. I am really solid with my Mashie and have never carried a 3 iron. I am interested to see if I do better with the 3 iron or stick with the Mashie.

Thanks Yoccos for bumping this one. I did want to note that I have a new set of R9 TPs coming in the mail. It has a 3 iron included in the set. I plan on putting it up against the Mashie to see which one prevails. I am really solid with my Mashie and have never carried a 3 iron. I am interested to see if I do better with the 3 iron or stick with the Mashie.

That's gonna be a good battle my friend. You'll keep us updated I'm sure!

It's a tough choice for me but remembering how automatic this club was, I'm excited. It mostly feel to distance gaps for me. Any chance you could keep both in your bag?

That's gonna be a good battle my friend. You'll keep us updated I'm sure!

It's a tough choice for me but remembering how automatic this club was, I'm excited. It mostly feel to distance gaps for me. Any chance you could keep both in your bag?

I don't foresee leaving both in the bag and staying legal. I like to have an extra wedge rather than an extra club at that distance. I don't think the 3 iron is going to prevail, but I figured I would give it a try. I hope they come in today or tomorrow, so I can get on with the battle.

God I hope there's a big 'tweet effin tweet' regarding this then....

When items are past embargo dates, we can discuss them on THP.

I don't foresee leaving both in the bag and staying legal. I like to have an extra wedge rather than an extra club at that distance. I don't think the 3 iron is going to prevail, but I figured I would give it a try. I hope they come in today or tomorrow, so I can get on with the battle.

Me too man! Can't wait for the play by play :)

Back