TaylorMade TR3 Speed Sleeve Training Aid

im not sure whether its the sleeve or just my tecnique getting better but im hitting every club further and more solid everytime i go out. for example 1st hole the other day is a 128 yard par 3 i normally play a smooth 9 iron and it lands back edge of the green as it slopes back to front thats where i aim. this time i think go with the pw and go at the pin i play a smooth stroke and fly the green by 20 yards!!!!! me and my playing partner looked at each other and i checked to make sure i dint pick the 8 iron by mistake.
on to the second hole its a 145yard par 3 down hill so its a 9 iron short of the green and let it roll on. i take the same smooth stroke and this time i hit the back of the green and bounce off. it wa slik eit all round in the end i had to club down for every approach shot. is it down to the sleeve or the work im putting or both? eiehter way i will keep using it and hope things carry on the way they are

More than likely it's both. I went through a similar phase, but when I started lessons, I more or less hung up the speed sleeve except for warm up swings.

The speed sleeve has definitely helped me hit my irons much better and farther as well.

Only problem is, it completely ruined my driving.... you can read about it here - http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?21691-HELP-Bad-driving-range-session

Anyone else experience the problem I have in the thread above?

I didn't read the driver part but did you try swinging it on your driver too? I found that helped my driving just like it did my iron play.

I didn't read the driver part but did you try swinging it on your driver too? I found that helped my driving just like it did my iron play.

Yeah I've tried that once so far but I kept hitting low short hooks and could barely get the ball in the air. Once I take the sleeve off and hit I do pretty much the same thing just hit it a little harder. So yeah, the sleeve is really making my wrists turn over at impact giving me a low hook. Before using the speed sleeve, I would usually hit a mid/high baby fade. So it is giving me the complete opposite. I just need to figure out how to reverse it or get it more even.

I picked this up two weeks ago and I have to say it definitely has helped with my tempo. I have only used it on my irons so far but I think I should try it on my driver since I have been fighting that for a while.

I bought one of these a couple months ago and have used it several times when warming up, but haven't really concentrated on practicing my swing with it. I was wondering if all of you that bought one are still using it and if so, are you still seeing any benefits from using it?

I ordered one and it should show up sometime in the next week. It sounds like a great aid.

I bought one of these a couple months ago and have used it several times when warming up, but haven't really concentrated on practicing my swing with it. I was wondering if all of you that bought one are still using it and if so, are you still seeing any benefits from using it?

Since I bought the speed sleeve I've been taking a series of lessons and have totally changed my swing. My opinion of the sleeve (which I still use) is that it's no magic bullet, and is not a substitute for learning the proper golf swing mechanics. But it is a good way to have your major muscle groups working for you rather than against you, and I'd definitely still recommend it and am happy I have it.

I've been outside swinging a club with the speed sleeve on it tonight. I unloaded thirty 50# bags of corn and rice bran earlier, which caused my back to tighten up. Since I've got a golf tournament tomorrow, I took the speed sleeve and threw it on a club so that I could get in some swings and try to help my back out a little. Mission accomplished.

Bought the sleeve a few weeks ago and love it. I've only hit on on my lw and it's a great tool to loosen up plus work on tempo. Love that it ca n be stored in a pocket in my bag too.

Still use it, and still love it. That is all.

I use mine before every round or range session. I find it to be a good way to loosen up and maintain a good tempo.

Still use mine almost every day or at least a few times a week.

I liked mine so much I bought a second one to keep at home on an old driver. When I can't get to the course I'll swing at home for 5-10 minutes to keep my tempo right.

I still use mine. I NEVER hit balls with it. I typically use it prior to a round or range session, just to get warmed up and to work on timing, positions, etc.

I still use mine. I NEVER hit balls with it. I typically use it prior to a round or range session, just to get warmed up and to work on timing, positions, etc.

this is exactly what I use mine for

I keep mine on my 3 iron in my trunk. Whenever I go smoke at work. I always pull it out and practice swinging while I smoke. I use mine quite a bite for that. Plus I will swing it to warm up before a round or range session. Over winter I will be using it a lot to build up my swing muscles!

New to the forum and browsing the threads about game improvement aids. Noticed the last post back in Sept 2011, how's everyone doing with their Speed Sleeve?

New to the forum and browsing the threads about game improvement aids. Noticed the last post back in Sept 2011, how's everyone doing with their Speed Sleeve?
Hey fireant. I hadn't used it much at all this season. Then, after the outing,I noticed my swing seemed out of sequence a bit. Put this baby on my 8-iron, took some practice swings and everything felt good again. It's not a miracle worker or anything, but like the doughnut in baseball, it is good to take some practice swings with it.

I still use mine, just not as often as last year. I try to get in about 50-75 swings per week. I keep mine on a 4iron I have and I just swing it in the yard. I stopped taking it to the course with me b/c I found it to be annoying to take on and off to be honest. I suppose I could keep it on said club and put it in my bag but then I wouldn't swing it as much throughout the week. The old catch 22.

Sounds like the speed sleeve was worth the ~$25. I could use a good warmup aid and some added distance to my irons.

I still use mine as well but not as often as I should

Sounds like the speed sleeve was worth the ~$25. I could use a good warmup aid and some added distance to my irons.

So... after you brought the topic back up. I took about 50 swings with it on a 7-iron in the living room. After you take the thing off, your swings seem so smooth and effortless.

WOW, I haven't seen this thread in a while. I still use mine at least once a week on the range, and its just something thats always in my golf bag. I use it to warm up before rounds still, and hit at least a few balls on the range with it, as it grooves my swing a little bit and lets me feel the big muscles move better.

Do any of you that have this think it increases left arm flexibility at all? I really want to help my left arm straighten out over time and looking for something to aid it other than just stretching.

Back