It's funny, I think between being climatized to Southern California, and the usually dry weather out here, I can wear pants into the low 80's. What helps is lightweight sport synthetic materials. I have a couple pairs of pants from REI that are great. My Sligo and Puma pants are also really comfortable and breathable even in warmer temps. In humid conditions or 80º and above, I'm wearing shorts though, just too hot.

I would say I prefer pants. They save me the trouble of having to put sunblock on my legs, which saves dough on sunblock. And, as cheesy as this sounds, you do kinda feel like the Tour players since you're wearing what they they wear.

cheers,

C

Pants unless temp over about 85 and humidity is high.

Pantspantspants. I like looking sharp and clean and I can't get that with shorts. I wear pants 90% of the time.

I prefer pants, but people think I'm crazy for it. I don't find them any warmer than shorts.

--
tapatalk

Shorts....till the snow flies !

I dress for the elements. I prefer shorts but ever since the bad back reared its ugly head, staying warm and loose is paramount. If I catch a chill, all it takes is for me to shiver once and it can trigger my back to go into spasm. Not fun.

Also, I don't have a problem at all playing in long sleeves. That's because I scored a couple of Zero Restriction wool l/s shirts which are AWESOME. Incredible freedom of movement.

If its warm the nI like shorts, but I love playing golf in the tweener weather with pants. You know when it's in the 50 at the start of your round witn no wind and gets to a high of 72 by the end of you round. Pants are comfy during these rounds.

Which do you prefer to wear when playing golf? Do you base it on the weather or what you are comfortable in?

I usually prefer to wear shorts when golfing, however recently I kinda was forced to wear pants because of the weather. Weird thing happenend, I actually felt more comfortable and more like a golfer than a weekend warrior, and I played one of my best rounds this year (80). I have another round on saturday and the weather is supposed to be only in the low 60's, which is borderline short weather but I am thinking about wearing pants again.

Weird.

Shorts all the way down to the high 40's unless there is wind, the wind chill will bring out the long pants.

I dress for the elements. I prefer shorts but ever since the bad back reared its ugly head, staying warm and loose is paramount. If I catch a chill, all it takes is for me to shiver once and it can trigger my back to go into spasm. Not fun.

Also, I don't have a problem at all playing in long sleeves. That's because I scored a couple of Zero Restriction wool l/s shirts which are AWESOME. Incredible freedom of movement.

That's something I have a problem with. In our cooler months I often slip on an Adidas climalite jacket between shots or on the green, but I haven't found a long sleeve shirt I can get comfortable in.

I realize this choice depends on weather where you live but here in Alabama, the only people that I see in pants during the summer months are the local golf pro. My playing partners and I are always in shorts. Pants maybe 2-3 months a year at a max!

Shorts all the way until about 55-50. I would rather throw on a thermal under a polo with shorts than throw on pants

I prefer to wear shorts, but have been thinking that all the time I am spending in the sun is going to have a negative effect over the years.

As a result I have purchased underarmor long sleeve heat gear shirts and a bunch of pants. Gotta keep the sun off me.

Shorts until it get too cold. I'll even wear shorts in the rain as I can just pull on my rain pants if needed.

I generally will be in pants. I will go out in shorts if this round is a goof off round,meaning It will be a practice type of round.Hitting multiple shots and chipping/pitching a few balls on the green

Which do you prefer to wear when playing golf? Do you base it on the weather or what you are comfortable in?

I usually prefer to wear shorts when golfing, however recently I kinda was forced to wear pants because of the weather. Weird thing happenend, I actually felt more comfortable and more like a golfer than a weekend warrior, and I played one of my best rounds this year (80). I have another round on saturday and the weather is supposed to be only in the low 60's, which is borderline short weather but I am thinking about wearing pants again.

Weird.
yes, really depends on the weather. summer months, shorts and fall/spring months, mostly pants but there's those days where it hits 70's and I wear shorts. anything below 65, I wear pants and over 65 with sun, shorts for sure.

Back