Nike Dymo and Dymo 2

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Review is coming soon.

We will be having these in our hands in the next week or so. Nike is sending them over for us to review. They hit stores on Feb 1st, 2009.

STR8Fit drivers we will not see until January or so, because those are not out until April 1, 2009.

What makes YOU so special that you get them early? haha

Looking forward to the review!

Review is coming soon.

We will be having these in our hands in the next week or so. Nike is sending them over for us to review. They hit stores on Feb 1st, 2009.

STR8Fit drivers we will not see until January or so, because those are not out until April 1, 2009.

I think this is a big step for Nike... they are moving in some amazing directions in terms of the materials and construction of their drivers

• Admin
Nike likes us to review the products a little ahead of time. But they were the first company we contacted and I can tell you that we work with them primarily because of my relationship with them outside of this site. They are one of the easiest companies to work with other than the fact that we have to send all the gear back...hehe

But they never complain if we do not like a product and all that they ask is that we are honest. They are a joy to work with.

That's great to hear JB. I have always liked Nike, clubs, shoes, soccer gear, everything.

I cannot wait for the review, ever since I heard about the Dymo's I have been interested.

That's great to hear JB. I have always liked Nike, clubs, shoes, soccer gear, everything.

I cannot wait for the review, ever since I heard about the Dymo's I have been interested.

everything but hockey gear... so glad Nike sold Bauer! The company needs to get back to Canada and stay there. They started making some of the high end skates in Thailand. Unacceptable... plain and simple

everything but hockey gear... so glad Nike sold Bauer! The company needs to get back to Canada and stay there. They started making some of the high end skates in Thailand. Unacceptable... plain and simple

I must agree, their hockey gear was shite! But now Bauer gear, I love me some Bauer gear!

But, right now I'm skating on some One90's that I got basically brand new for $50, and I must say they are great. Although I like Vapor XX's, XXX's, or XXXX's much better.

I also want to see how their new fitting system works with all the inter-changeable shafts.

• Admin
Knight,
We will hopefully be able to give you all that info.

I must agree, their hockey gear was shite! But now Bauer gear, I love me some Bauer gear!

But, right now I'm skating on some One90's that I got basically brand new for $50, and I must say they are great. Although I like Vapor XX's, XXX's, or XXXX's much better.

This is a golf forum, but as a fellow hockey player I thought I'd share these shots with 907! One95 with custom white felt tongues = Alexi Kovalev style

they flop for miles...

DSC_0026-1.jpg

DSC_0023-2.jpg

The Nike One Series and Vapor X Series skates are amazing, I love the XXX's and the XXXX's.

May seem like a dumb question, but are the Dymo Drivers? If so I am going to cry myself to sleep until I see the review, I love Nike Drivers!!!

May seem like a dumb question, but are the Dymo Drivers?

:p I don't see the question in there....lol

Anyways...I'm set with TM now on my driver. I tried Nike...TM's just feel far superior.

:p I don't see the question in there....lol

Anyways...I'm set with TM now on my driver. I tried Nike...TM's just feel far superior.

The question was: Are the Dymo's Drivers?

Better yet, is this review on drivers?

For Nike to go from nowhere in golf to where they are today is very impressive. I know they have the biggest name in golf and all, but to build the clubs they have in a short time shows their commitment to the game. I'm not sure any company has earned the respect they have in such a short time.

The question was: Are the Dymo's Drivers?

Better yet, is this review on drivers?

Yes we will be doing the drivers

For Nike to go from nowhere in golf to where they are today is very impressive. I know they have the biggest name in golf and all, but to build the clubs they have in a short time shows their commitment to the game. I'm not sure any company has earned the respect they have in such a short time.

I agree with you. People laugh at their marketing money, yet Titleist spent more money and sponsored more than 5 times the people that Nike did. And that does not include the people with Cobra. Their R&D dept has worked closely with the greatest to ever play and have come out with some amazing things. I have never been a huge Nike guy but if their new woods are anything like the new irons that we reviewed, it will be a pleasure.

Their R&D dept has worked closely with the greatest to ever play and have come out with some amazing things.

And they brought in Tom Stites, who is widely considered one of the top club designers.

Thank you for bringing that up Harry. I completely forgot to mention it. Stites worked closely with another THP review alum in Dimension Z at Hogan. He is one of the best.

are there any pictures of the dymo anywhere cuz i have never seen one and i hadn't heard of them til this thread

They were in one of the magazines this month. I will have them most likely next week so we will have the unboxing photos.

are there any pictures of the dymo anywhere cuz i have never seen one and i hadn't heard of them til this thread

MyGolfSpy is always a good place to check for pre-release clubs if we don't have them here yet.

nike-sq-dymo-1.jpg

nike-sq-dymo-2.jpg

nike-sq-dymo-3.jpg

nike-sq-dymo-4.jpg

nike-sq-dymo-5.jpg

Golf Magazine has a profile as well:
http://www.golf.com/golf/gallery/article/0,28242,1864821-4,00.html

Nike SQ Dymo2
$229, graphite
nikegolf.com
Stock shaft: Nike Wide Body by UST
Lofts: 15°, 17°, 19° and 21°
The term "Dymo" is short for dynamic moment of inertia. In other words, Nike's latest square-like head is meant to produce straight shots. Extra rear weighting in the heel and toe pulls the center of gravity back, to increase launch and lower spin. A quad-keel sole allows the head to glide through turf, for clean contact. A lightweight "wide body" shaft—wider diameter from the grip to 6 inches above the clubhead—is designed to maintain stiffness as you swing faster. (Some ultra-lightweight shafts are more flexible than the flex label suggests.)

Credit: Schecter Lee

JB when you go to review this club is there any chance you could find somebody who is a chronic slicer so we can find out if it really helps promote a straighter ball flight? As someone who plays a ........ ahem.... fade, I would be interested to find out if the square clubs do or is it marketing hype.

I actually have that person ready to do the review MO. So it will be in there.

Back