Nickent Arc Blades Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
Great read DD. You got the same impression that everybody that tested them got. I did not really get to try them, but everyone that did said they were amazing.

• Admin
After reviewing the 4DX pros and playing them for a few rounds it has me convinced that their irons are way too underated and are a steal at the prices they can be had it online.

Honestly JB, I have a few friends who are really into golf and they have barely heard of Nickent. With the evolution of their hybrids and new iron lines I'd like to see the company get the respect they deserve. These irons will not be leaving my bag for some time!

That does it, I'm getting some:>)
Nice review DD!

Why do I totally believe you?:eyepoke:

HaHa! That's funny. Even though I am getting just as bad as Scooter. I have 2 sets of irons with my eyes on 3 more.

• Admin
And 2 of those 3 are Nickent arent they TCT.

And 2 of those 3 are Nickent arent they TCT.

:clapp::act-up::clapp::act-up::clapp::act-up::clapp::act-up::clapp:

amollerud our resident pro was the first one to hit the Arc Blades out of the people that tested them and he said they were the finest he had hit. Then 2 others said that. Now DD is saying it. It is making me think I should be playing blades again.

MO,
They are not for everybody. Heck even many of the tour players do not play them. I prefer something with some forgiveness, but these blades are gorgeous. But the 4DX Pros are not blades nor are the NIke Splits that I am playing now.

Those are all sweet looking clubs. I've never tried to hit blades, I doubt if my game is good enough to pull them off.

Definitely consider them if you can get your hands on them as a demo set... if not, my honest suggestion would be to demo a set of Cleveland CG Tour Blades. The Nickents are very, very similar except they are just softer and a little more responsive. But at address, I felt these are along the lines of a CG1, which you are more likely to find lying around shops.

Those are all sweet looking clubs. I've never tried to hit blades, I doubt if my game is good enough to pull them off.

I had a set of adams original irons from 6 years ago and they had smaller heads on them. When I started shopping for irons earlier this year the only thing I liked were blades purely because the size of them were similar. The GI irons do not strike my eye well and I felt like I was swinging a shovel so I had to purchase a players iron or a blade.

I actually hit my 32's better than my 57's in terms of ball flight. I can't control the ball like I want to yet with blades but I am working towards it. Thats why I would even consider two sets.

I am a firm believer that most people should play GI's. I know we hear all the time how they do not appear right at setup and "Im working towards it with my swing". But I just feel that if scoring is what someone is after they would score better with GI's and the forgiveness.

But its just an opinion. And each person is different.

MO,
They are not for everybody. Heck even many of the tour players do not play them. I prefer something with some forgiveness, but these blades are gorgeous. But the 4DX Pros are not blades nor are the NIke Splits that I am playing now.

I would be more inclined to buy the 4DX Pros than the ARCs, trying to figure out the difference between the 4DX and 4DX Pro. Any ideas?

One is their standard cavity back and one is the set we reviewed.

One is their standard cavity back and one is the set we reviewed.

Haha, I guess the only difference is the Pros are forged and the 4DX is cast. That brings up another issue, how would that affect my game? (forged vs. cast)

There are a few more differences. In fact the clubs look totally different.

Back