How do you keep your desktop?

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Do you put EVERYTHING on your desktop or do you keep a minimum number of icons on your screen? I keep my browser shortcuts on the screen along with folders that hold shortcuts to my programs. Sometimes I get lazy and start to get a little cluttered, but this is how I prefer it, and how it is 90% of the time. Share a pic if you so dare!

desktoppic.jpg

I have about 6 icons and I have the picture of the Ellie diving from the photo thread after her tennis ball.

I save everything on the desktop until it bothers me and then I put it in the correct folders or delete it. But clean is how I prefer it.

Honestly, mine was pretty messy this week. I saw an article in Smart Computing magazine that asked this same question, so I got off my butt and cleaned it up!

Icons to all regular apps and major folders on the desktop, but along the bottom I have the icons for the apps I have open all the time, in order from left to right. So first thing in the morning, I just start clicking to open outlook, word, excel, client management software, other proprietary software, accounting program, explorer--in that order. Desktop's there for when I need other stuff.

Total RAM hog. We have run SQL servers too, just for the data bases.

desktopod0.png

I had Vista, I had to PAY to DOWNGRADE it to XP. Wow, Microsoft. Just wow.

Very cool Floppy

I thought so too! Even if I knew how to do a screen shot of my desktop, I'm not about to post photos of my kids in a public forum.

That is a cool picture Floppy, what's it called or where did you find it?

Long time ago I was just searching for cool pics for a background and -SHAZAMMM-

Shazamm just reminded me of the greatest commercial ever made...which I'll go ahead and post in a new topic if some haven't seen it.

desktop.jpg

desktop.jpg

Got to keep it clean with an empty waste basket, nothing bugs me more than a cluttered desktop.

I like mine with as little clutter as possible. Only the major stuff that I use pretty often.

whmqsy.jpg
[/IMG]

I'll have to do my desktop at work. It's a freakin' mess right now!

If I could be an animator, I would want to be able draw like Hewlett for his Gorillaz characters.

Absolutely, all the Gorillaz videos(2 DVD's) and concerts(on the HD channel) I have seen are visually amazing.
I'll have to do my desktop at work. It's a freakin' mess right now!

Hehehe, mine too, especially if I am running a lot of jobs. It stays pretty clean for the most part though.

How do get a pic of your desktop?

Hit Ctrl and Print Screen together. Then open up a photo program (Photoshop, Paint, etc.). Open a new layout, then on your toolbar click edit, then Paste. Then save as a jpeg.

You're most welcome.

Untitled-1.jpg

Back