Ben Crane Signs with Sligo Wear

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Sligo wear, the company that THP is currently reviewing made headlines this morning.

Sligo Wear is adding to its stable of fashion-forward PGA Tour players by signing two-time Tour winner Ben Crane. A former University of Oregon star, Crane won nearly $1.5 million in 2008. Crane made the cut in 19 of 25 PGA Tour events in '08. He finished tied for fourth in the FBR Open, fifth at the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial and sixth at The Players Championship.

Crane's first PGA Tour victory came at the 2003 BellSouth Classic. He also won the 2005 U.S. Bank Championship.

"Ben is a great addition to our Tour staff. He's young, athletic and a champion, all the ingredients that we believe make up the Sligo Wear consumer,'' said Sligo Wear Director of Sales Shawn Aucoin.

Crane joins Brian Gay on the Sligo Wear PGA Tour staff. Gay, who won more than $2.2 million on the PGA Tour in 2008, earlier this month re-signed an apparel contract with Sligo Wear.

"We believe Ben and Brian are a great one-two punch, especially for a company as young as Sligo Wear," Aucoin said. "It's a testament to Sligo Wear's design and fabric technology that Ben and Brian have chosen to wear our apparel.''

Sligo Wear will show off its 2009 Collection of dynamic colors, technical fabrics and fashionable cuts at the PGA Merchandise Show, Jan. 29-31 on Orlando, Fla.

In addition to Gay, Sligo Wear apparel has been worn by PGA Tour winner Eric Axley (2006 Valero Texas Open) as well as well-known PGA teaching professional Jeff Ritter, Director of Instruction at the ASU Karsten Golf Academy in Tempe, Ariz.

Sligo Wear was founded by a group of friends and active golfers each of who were frustrated by a lack of fashionable and proper fitting affordable golf apparel in the market place. At Pro Am to the Azores in early 2004, they noticed a different fashion for golf apparel and upon their started Sligo Wear Inc.

Hopefully they get a few more guys signed from the Big Tour and the Nationwide Tour.

• Admin
It doesnt look that way NVM.

• Admin
Harry,
You are right...Had to many cocktails at dinner I guess with Golfer Gal.

Isnt Ben Crane the guy that starred in Hogan's Heroes that ended up being killed? He was involved in some werid stuff!!!!!!!

Harry,
You are right...Had to many cocktails at dinner I guess with Golfer Gal.

Isnt Ben Crane the guy that starred in Hogan's Heroes that ended up being killed? He was involved in some werid stuff!!!!!!!

:wink:

That's Bob Crane.

bob-crane-sized.jpg

• Admin
I saw...Google is an amazing tool...hehe. Thanks for the help though. I should search before I post next time. To thread jack my own topic, it was a good movie with Greg Kinnear playing Bob Crane.

I saw...Google is an amazing tool...hehe. Thanks for the help though. I should search before I post next time. To thread jack my own topic, it was a good movie with Greg Kinnear playing Bob Crane.

Sadly, I knew all that stuff off the top of my head.

It does not appear that Ben Crane is wearing Sligo today at the Honda.

Back