julie_m

EveryoneLovesACallyGirl
Reaction score
Anyone have any good tips for lining up your shots off the tee (or fairway or whatever)? I have really bad eyes, I could use some help!

GolferGal learned to not aim down the fairway or at the green. Rather aim at a leaf or something that is about 5-10 feet in front of the ball. Focus on that and it really helped her.

This is advice I LOVE to give: Go to this webpage: http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.aspx?page=32001&select=&select4=&select3=6&search=Keyword+Search&x=34&y=16. First watch Perfect Setup Parts 1 and 2. The Alignment Misconceptions. Then follow it up with the Putting Alignment.

Then watch the rest of his lessons. Dean Reinmuth is an awesome teacher (he was Phil's teacher for a long time).

Once I started setting up like he said, my slice went away for most of the year (I had a small fade towards the end), and I was hitting it STRAIGHT a lot of the time. I also hit some draws (not many, and not when I wanted to, but nonetheless, for a banana ball hitter all my life, this was awesome!

These are really good, I haven't watched the videos yet but I will. I'm curious about GolferGal's advice. I wonder if I should drop something between and the ball, to manipulate that? That's the gist of the tip, right?

I wonder if I should drop something between and the ball, to manipulate that?

That would be a violation of the rules of golf. The point of the tip is to find something(all ready there), like a leaf, twig or spot in the grass as your point of reference.

That would be a violation of the rules of golf. The point of the tip is to find something(all ready there), like a leaf, twig or spot in the grass as your point of reference.

Dang it. The rules always have a way of killing golf.

Smalls - how long did the video take to load for you? It's not working for me, and I have cable internet.

Not long, 15 seconds tops.

(OK EDIT: the first video isn't loading for me right now either. But Part 2 was instant).

Another edit: All the other videos are loading instantly. Just the first one is having a problem.

Crummy. I'm still waiting. :sad:

I can see the first videos now...thanks Smalls, they're really great! Although the guy seems to forget that Phil is left handed....oh well, probably doesn't matter too much.

They talk about that in another video. I think he teaches right handed because that's what it seems that most people are.

They talk about that in another video. I think he teaches right handed because that's what it seems that most people are.

Right - it just threw me off that he'd address the ball right handed, then move his front shoulder and say, "Phil would pull back his left shoulder." So is that Phil's left (back shoulder,) or Phil's front shoulder (actually the right)? Am I way over thinking this?

I meant to ask you earlier Julie, how is your alignment going? Did you find anything that stuck with you?

I meant to ask you earlier Julie, how is your alignment going? Did you find anything that stuck with you?

Oh you know what? I haven't played since then, only at the range.

The problem is my vision - I've had a lot of problems with my right eye and the right side of my brain, so my 360* vision and depth perception both suffer. So when I hit it at the range, it LOOKS straight, God knows if it is though...I only realize it when I play and my balls all fall to the right side of the green!

Back