GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
For Christmas/Chanukah JB bought me a bread maker....this thing is AWESOME!!!

We just made cheese and onion bread and to my amazement it actually tasted good, real good!

Does anyone else have a bread maker and if so what do you like to make in it?

I got her something else too, she just can't have that present till Christmas. She also already opened her:
Jewelry Steam Cleaner
Grill Pan

The last gift she does not get till Christmas. Its her biggest present and it better get here soon.

By the way, the bread was fantastic.

For Christmas/Chanukah JB bought me a bread maker....this thing is AWESOME!!!

We just made cheese and onion bread and to my amazement it actually tasted good, real good!

Does anyone else have a bread maker and if so what do you like to make in it?

I have a Williams-Sonoma bread maker, but I never made anything but pre-boxed bread. And I haven't even done that in a while.

Was yours a box bread mix, or did you make it yourself?

• Admin
I actually made it myself. I am no baker so I was pretty shocked that the bread came out as good as it did.

I bought a box mix also, I just haven't tried that yet.

I actually made it myself. I am no baker so I was pretty shocked that the bread came out as good as it did.

I bought a box mix also, I just haven't tried that yet.

Can you post the recipes of the ones that turn out well?

I'm a breadatarian!

Us too Harry. This one shocked me because it was flat out good.

• Admin
Absolutely! I am going to go to the store tomorrow and buy a bunch of different ingredients so I can try out lots of different recipes. I will keep you posted on how they turn out.

This is something I know you will enjoy. I have one and have used it for years. Wasn't until my second year though, that I actually knew there was flour and yeast specially labelled for "bread machine". It did make a difference in the texture.

Just thought I would mention it.

I have made pizza dough, raisin bread, cheese and jalapeno bread...believe it or not, this is my favourite. And of course the traditional french bread.

Did you use the rapid cycle for this or the standard 4 hour method??

• Admin
I used the rapid cycle this time. I used the yeast made for the bread machine but not the flour. To be honest I had no idea when I bought the yeast that it was made for the machine, I just got lucky.

I am so happy to hear that you like your machine, I can't wait to make more things in it. The jalepeno bread is the next on my list to make, I LOVE spicy food!

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/

Best bread machine recipes going. I don't have time now, but I have loads of great recipes. Heck, I'm on my second bread machine. The first one got so much use it conked out. Good peasant here--can't live without my homemade bread.

Reactions: JB
Claire -

That is so good to hear. So far I absolutely love it. I went to the store today and bought stuff to make all different kinds of bread. Thank you so much for the website it looks awesome!

King Arthur is serious flour. It's about the only bread flour I can find in the store. Can't tell you it makes a difference, but I love the recipes.

Heck, you can make just about any bread recipe in a machine. Just put the liquids in first and the salt in before the other dry ingredients. Also, if you eat as much bread as we do, this is good to know: you can substitute unsweetened applesauce for oil or butter, and no one will be the wiser.

That is brilliant!! I can't tell JB because his idea of a vegetables are french fries... so I can't let him know anything is "healthy". It seems my options are endless with this thing.

Thank you so much for the tips, I can use all the advice I can get. Baking has never been my thing but I think this definitely could.

That is brilliant!! I can't tell JB because his idea of a vegetables are french fries...

About 15 years ago, I was sitting with a buddy in a newly opened Black-Eyed Pea restaraunt in St. Louis, Missouri. I was excited because I hadn't had chicken-fried steak since the last time I was at my parents, and now I could get me an order of chicken-fried steak, mashed potatoes, black-eyed peas, and cornbread.

After ordering, I was shootin' the bull with my buddy and I looked over at the "Daily Specials" chalkboard, and I started laughing. My buddy asked me why I was laughing, and I told him to look at the chalkboard. Then he started laughing.

Daily Specials!!
Soup of the Day: Broccoli Cheddar
Entree of the Day: Fried Chicken
Vegetable of the Day: Mac and Cheese
Dessert of the Day: Apple Brown Betty

JB,

What jewelry cleaner did you buy? I've been thinking about that as a gift for Mrs. Grogger for a while now.

Daily Specials!!
Soup of the Day: Broccoli Cheddar
Entree of the Day: Fried Chicken
Vegetable of the Day: Mac and Cheese
Dessert of the Day: Apple Brown Betty

I believe that was part of the Missouri compromise.

Golfergal, if the outing really happens, and at a time I can attend, I'll bring you some sourdough starter. Mine is only about four years old, but it works well.

The Jewel Jet and it came highly recommended. It works great.

Thank you so much GolfGirl that was so nice of you. The website looks great they have a lot of really great recipes on there. I am sure JB thanks you too....in the words of Mr. Longshanks...he's a breadatarian.

hmm, I want to be able to make bread bowls for clam chowder!

Are there really people out there that do not like freshly baked bread? There is nothing better. Im a sucker for cornbread and sourdough.

She is making a Manchego cheese and Buttermilk loaf of bread right now. I am excited.

We love to make chocolate chip bread in ours. Makes awesome toast with a little salted butter.

My Mom Just made Beer Bread. I don't really like it all that much. It's really nice and soft though.

Back