Seemore & GEL Putter Photos

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At the range this morning testing out equipment, and we decided to do some putter demos too. amollerud, our resident pro, was taking the SeeMore and 2 GEL Putters out for a test drive. Here are the pictures.

435658332_qWVgJ-L.jpg

435658274_5Z3sm-L.jpg

435658464_SRugG-L.jpg

435658571_de7MF-L.jpg

435658688_8kfXo-L.jpg

435658774_Kfsxf-L.jpg

435658052_7rZz5-L.jpg

435657946_f9fg5-L.jpg

Awesome...that first picture is really great.

• Admin
Glad you liked it Julie. We are having a lot of fun with both the new camera and the HD video camera. Check out the THP TV preview later tonight for that.

More than that, what are your initial thoughts on the SeeMore, without ruining your review?

• Admin
I liked this putter a lot. amollerud really liked this putter. It sets up nice and the ball rolls very nicely. The weighting is very good also. I prefer my putters a litle heavier so that was my only complaint. But that is a personal thing. That and the headcover looks like a male stripper's thong.

I don't know about the male thong comment...

I have an SB1, though it's a 46" model with a stainless steel 'insert' to get the weight up considerably. There are also aftermarket weights that can be added into the three ports that exist on the back of the putter.

Mine has a great feel and it's alignment aid, one long white line on a black putterhead, is as good as anything I've seen. I like the RST system, though I don't think it's anything that I'd choose one putter vs another over.

• Admin
Here is a pic.
434662893_L3L26-M.jpg

It is silver and glittery and I stole the phrase from GolferGal that said it looked like that.

• Admin
I did not really think I was going to like the Seemore based on looks alone, but the ball really comes off the face nice.

The seemore putter has an great feel to it. It looks as good as it feels. The only thing I struggle with is the red dot for alinement...I put with a little forward press and seeing that dot kept reminding me that my set up wasn't right. Other than that this putter puts a beautiful roll on the ball.

Did you prefer that or the GEL amollerud?
And could either replace your Scotty or your Oydessy

I'm not really liking the SeeMore, based on looks alone. I don't know if it's the center shaft or the mallet. Now if it helps me make more putts I wouldn't care at all about the looks.

That is the way I felt about my White Hot #7.

I liked the feel of the ball off of the face of the seemore the better of the 2. While I liked the set up and weight of the gel putters better. To answer the question I would have to start missing putts with the scotty for it to come out of the bag. If the putting started to go south I would put a gel putter in the bag.

JB, you haven't liked any of the putters you've reviewed enough to replace it yet? I'm kind of hoping Nickent sends you their putters to review.

They are MO. They have new TOUR PUTTERS being released and we will review all of them. I really like some of the GELs though.

CONGRATULATIONS Amollerud!!!:clapp::clapp:

You have hit your 20th post, you are now eligible for the contest this Sunday night. We hope you join us online Sunday :banana:

Good luck and happy posting!!

They are MO. They have new TOUR PUTTERS being released and we will review all of them. I really like some of the GELs though.

Geez, I didn't even know Nickent had putters. Surfing to their site now.

They only show the Pipe putter on their site. They are reworking that putter. But the tour putters will be out soon and we will have them first.

Thanks golfergal I will be here on sunday night!!

Do their tour putters still have the insert? Heard something about them being non-conforming as per USGA... I would imagine that they've fixed that part.

I remember the overwhelming buzz that was surrounding the Nickent putters after the PGA show last year. It would be good for Nickent if they can bring them to market at a reasonable price... There are A LOT of nice milled putters out there so they better be something pretty special as to not get lost in the rather large crowd.

JB I just saw the photo of the headcover they sent you... Now it makes sense. Mine has a black leather headcover instead of the sparkly version so you had me a bit confused.

These tour putters Nickent has now have been completely reworked and they have not even put out pictures yet. We will be the first to review them, so hopefully we can get our hands on them before we attend the show.

The version we received is different than yours. It is the one that gets released in FEB 09

Back