Almost a new Membr From Canada

Tedfroop

One eyed and left handed
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 10.8
I am a 47 year old one eye'd guy from Edmonton Alberta Canada. Took a hockey stick in my right eye back in grade school and am blind on my right side. Fortunatly I golf right handed so about all that bothers me (and the people I play with) is my distance judgement. I have worked doing maintnenace (millwright) for a cheque (checks if your from the US) printer for the last 28 years.

I just got back to golfing regularly this year again after a few years off with low back problems, a damaged left SI joint. Thanks to a great chiropracter and a thing called spinal decompression I have played my first pain free rounds in about 25 years this year.

I found THP while I was looking for new clubs this spring to replace my near ancient Top Flite Tour irons, and a mix of woods. I was looking for real peoples reviews to go along with what I could feel and see myself on the simulator in the store. I ended up with a set of R9tp irons (3 thru PW), R11 driver, 3, and 5 wood and xTP wedges 52/09 56/12 60/06, and a couple 09 hybrids at 19 and 22 degrees.

Needless to say my game has been pretty sad this year. I used to keep my scores in the low 80's and starting in the 100+ range has been frustrating but my game is has been improving. Not he least frustrating is that my nice little draw off the tee turned into a screaming bannana 2 fairway slice somehow. That and stone hands around the greens made scoring pretty rough early on in the season but some great wedge play kept me believing things could get better.

It's near the end of the season here now and I am starting to look for indoor practice facilities as winters just around the corner. Looks like I am going to have to work on building a bit more of a practice area in the basement though as the pickings are pretty slim outside of indoor simulators.

Any suggestions on how to work on feel etc in a limited space? Anyone else in the same kind of climate have a basemant practice area?

as for the handle - pigeon english, when it first started it was teddy froop.

Last edited:
Welcome to THP!

As far as places to practice for Winter, I can't help you with that one, lived in the Southern U.S. all my life. BUT, luckily we have folks from all over that can help you out!

Glad to have you here! Our northern forum members will chime in with some suggestions I am sure.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Welcome!

There are indoor facilities around, but none around me so I just play in the cold. I'd just do a search of your area for one.

Welcome to THP!

welcome to thp

Nice to meet you!

Welcome to THP and enjoy the site.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Tapaway!

Welcome! Wish I could give you some pointers on the winter but there is nothing like playing outside that is for sure.

Welcome to THP Tedfroop. Glad to see another Edmontonian on the forum. I've almost got the exact same set of clubs as you except for the hybrids. If you want to get together for some indoor round through the winter let me know as I would be game. Maybe I can help you out with the swing or at least help you find someone who can help. ;)

Sent using Tapatalk

:welcome:

welcome to thp

Welcome to THP !!

Welcome to THP from a fellow Canuck!

Welcome to THP!! I'm from Edmonton aswell. No basement setup for me-yet :D Maybe one day! Glad you found us!

:welcome:

I'm north enough in Indiana where our season all but ends in November every year, and I kind of look forward to the downtime myself. I'm not big on hitting indoors in the winter into nets. To me, it is a great way to groove a bad swing. Our PGA pro has always said that he thinks nets for golf may be the worst golf invention ever. I do putt indoors over the winter but I look forward to our Cornhole league and ice fishing. Hobbies for every season I guess for me.

Welcome to THP!! Sorry I can't help with an indoor practice facility for you, but it is great to hear you are getting back into this great game!

welcome to THP!

Welcome to the site!

Back