How did you pick your putter?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So many people play certain putters these days and I would like to know how you picked yours? Review? Reputation? Try it out at demos or stores?

I picked my putter by demoing it. I liked the way it looked so I started messing around with it and liked the feel of it and the way the ball felt coming off of it. I waited a couple of days, went back to the store and tried it again and still liked it so I bought it.

I picked mine because my putter decided to go on permanent vacation and just quit working for me. It felt like at impact it would twist open so I decided I wanted to try a center-shafter putter. The one I picked isn't exactly in the center but my stroke came back and I won't be changing any time soon.

Mine was because of the reputation. I was really hooked on the C-Groove Technology by Yes! and the feeling it gave when the ball was struck. I had never tried the putter I bought before, but It turned out well.

Trying it out, for sure, I would never buy a putter without getting at least the feel of it, first.

My putter was endorsed by a pro LPGA player I liked. That's not the reason I bought it, but it helped. It had a good look and build - sleek and attractive but not over the top.

I will always go with a used putter on ebay (if I trust or know the seller) and will refurbish the putter...

I have a Newport II TEI3 (copper plated) for fast greens and I just picked up an old SC Circa 62 #5 that will be refinished and plated with copper for slower greens. Of course, all putters are 33 inches because I am short.

hey dd if u want to hook a brother up i have a studio style 2.5 thats in great shape that im going to sell. it will be up on here later but pm me if ur interested i have a great price for any thp member.

i usually choose my putter after going to the store multiple times and trying everything out, and if i keep returning to the same putter i get it. right now its the yes! for me

Demo, like all of my clubs.

Mine was because of the reputation. I was really hooked on the C-Groove Technology by Yes! and the feeling it gave when the ball was struck. I had never tried the putter I bought before, but It turned out well.

Tracy II was definately the best club i've ever bought. How did i decide? Well testing a few putters at golftown i quickly discovered my likes and dislikes, as i had already tried many putters previous to the day. It became a matter of which Yes! putter to get... the Tracy II has a big C-groove and i found the weight distribution just right for me. Really i think testing a putter is the only way to decide which is best for you.

Well the putter I will be using is the one from the contest last week......but if it does work, it will be going in the bag in my garage like all the other ones that made putts for awhile and than stopped working........or it could be the puttie and not the putter

I went to Golf Galaxy and putted for about an hour or so with different putters until I found "the one".

I had a gift card for Callaway, so I knew it had to be an Odyssey. So I went to Golfsmith and hit everyone they make and came up with this one.

It was the only left handed putter at GolfSmith, the airline had just lost my clubs, and my league was about to start.

Sometimes you get lucky--I love it.

Usually try it out at my nearest GolfTown then buy it off eBay.

I'm actually still playing the putter that was in my first set of clubs I bought 19 years ago. It will be getting retired before spring.

Does it still make putts for you? I wish I still had the putter I used 15 years ago, it made everything. Well, close to it.

Does it still make putts for you? I wish I still had the putter I used 15 years ago, it made everything. Well, close to it.

My putter makes everything if I can just keep my lower body still.

I was actually asking MO since he said he was replacing the one he had for 19 years! I figured yours did a good job since you said you loved it!

I tried out every putter available to me, and then got the one that I felt the most comfortable over, looked and felt the best.

Finding my puter has been trial & error - finally settled with Rife Mallet - excellent roll, very good feel - confidence again.

I went and tried out all the putters in 3 stores. I had a budget, so that narrowed it down quite a bit. I narrowed it further down to the new Ping iWi putter and the Yes! Tracy.

It was a tight race, but ultimately I really liked the way the Tracy felt a little better. I've not regretted it one bit.

I also really like the way that the Odyssey Black blade putter feels, but it's a little out of budget for now.

I walk up and down the row with my eyes close and just go "Hammer time... that's it" and walk out with it...

haha

Back