Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunn we couldn't get rid of fast enough in my opinion.

I never got why Reds fans didnt like the guy. You always knew what to expect, 40 homers, 100 + RBIs, a lot of walks and a lot strike outs. Plus he looks exactly like Will Ferrel.

I never got why Reds fans didnt like the guy. You always knew what to expect, 40 homers, 100 + RBIs, a lot of walks and a lot strike outs. Plus he looks exactly like Will Ferrel.

If you needed a base hit he was always the one up and he would hit a long high fly ball to the warning track. Yeah there were a couple games that his home runs got us back in the game or won the game. But there were more games that he lost for us because he couldn't get the ball on the grass. :angry:

This one should make JB happy, Texiera just signed with the Yankees, 8 years and 180 million.

I saw that Gasman. Complete joke of the sport. Their payroll could be over $255 million next year.

I saw that Gasman. Complete joke of the sport. Their payroll could be over $255 million next year.

Agreed.

The New York Yankees are like Hugh Heffner... all the money in the world to buy the best available... but in the end all you got was some hot chick that was after your money and not worth the trouble.

They have turned MLB into a mockery. They are one of the only teams fighting a salary cap and I wonder why. It is a complete joke.

Is there anything the fans could do to force MLB to even the playing field? A few years ago when the Yankees were in town the KC fans had a walk out. They all showed up and around the 3rd inning most everybody just got up and walked out. It got some run on ESPN, but of course nothing ever came of it.

I say let them spend all the money they want, even if they make they playoffs, their not getting past the Angels. Im a NL guy and watch all the Dodger games, but I still love to watch teams beat the Yankees. Im willing to bet, they pull a 3rd in the NL East this year.

Go RAYS!

The left side of the Yankees infield is going to get paid more this year than the entire payroll of the Rays. The Yankees entire payroll last year, was more than the whole country of Tonga spent.

Its disgusting. They were just talking about it on ESPN News with their spending. To have a team spend 5 times what most teams spend is absurd.

And the top 4 contracts in baseball.

Its disgusting. They were just talking about it on ESPN News with their spending. To have a team spend 5 times what most teams spend is absurd.

And the top 4 contracts in baseball.

But you know what. We fans get the last laugh when the Yankees are sitting at home watching the World Series instead of playing in it. :alien2: :banana:

Looks like another long season for the Royals, who are supposed have a payroll of around $70 million this year.

Looks like Randy Johnson is going to the Giants this year for 8 million. I hate the Giants, but I think they will be this years sleeper team. They have the best Rotation in the league.

Im assuming by league you mean National league. Because that rotation cannot compete with Boston or Tampa. But it is good for sure. Even though they still have Zito.

Im assuming by league you mean National league. Because that rotation cannot compete with Boston or Tampa. But it is good for sure. Even though they still have Zito.

Im saying the whole league. When you have Zito as your number 4, your in pretty good shape. Lincecum and Caine are flat out nasty. Then throw in Johnson and Sanchez, ill put that up against anyone, the Sox are probably equal. Its the rest of the Giants I wonder about.

Zito the last two years would not make the staff of almost any team. An ERA of over 5 in the NL is just bad. I would take both the Sox and the Rays starters over the Giants.

Zito the last two years would not make the staff of almost any team. An ERA of over 5 in the NL is just bad. I would take both the Sox and the Rays starters over the Giants.

Zito has been laughable the last two years. I know because ive gotten to laugh at him the 5 times a year we see him. But when it comes to a 4 or 5 starter, I would still take him just based on a chance of the old Zito showing up.

It sounds like Penny is about to sign with the Red Sox. Could be a good gamble, he looked really bad last year. I still think it was a bad move for the Dodgers not to pick up his option and trade him.

They have plenty of starters, so it is worth the gamble for them.

Yep, but he wont pitch out of the pen, he is a big baby. So either Bucholzs or Wakefield will be the long man/ spot starter, im assuming Wakefield.

The Reds signed Taveras over the weekend. It doesnt make much sense to me to sign a singles hitter in a hitters ball park.

The Reds signed Taveras over the weekend. It doesnt make much sense to me to sign a singles hitter in a hitters ball park.

From what I gathered he is a good base stealer but his OBP sucks. So I'm not sure how he can steal a base if he doesn't get on in the first place. :confused2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back