Bridgestone Balls Unboxing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Fedex just dropped off to types of balls for us to review. The review will come soon.

450680273_mb7MU-L.jpg

450680179_KnY7K-L.jpg

I like the way the E7's play (I have enjoyed the E5 and 6 offerings as well)

I tend to lose the B330's too often to really appreciate them.

Im going to have to give the e7s a spin. Ive been using the e6s for a while.

Love my e6's

Im going to have to give the e7s a spin. Ive been using the e6s for a while.

From what I'm reading, they're similar to the E6, but with a lower trajectory. I didn't really notice that when I bought a sleeve a few weeks ago.

disappointed they didn't send the new RX... hmmm

From what I'm reading, they're similar to the E6, but with a lower trajectory. I didn't really notice that when I bought a sleeve a few weeks ago.

Thats what I had read. Ill have to pick up a sleeve. I wonder how big the difference in trajectory is. I dont know if its my irons or the e6s or a combo of both, but I launch those suckers up there and because of the height they seem to stick on the greens.

• Admin
disappointed they didn't send the new RX... hmmm

The dept we deal with did not send the RX because they were out. Sending some soon DD.

The dept we deal with did not send the RX because they were out. Sending some soon DD.

glad to hear... regardless, the B300S is one of the best balls on the market period!

I switch between the B330s and a Prov1x

I'll be interested to read your review. Im playing Precept Laddie-Xs right now because of the cost, but if I keep hitting the ball consistetly straight like I was towards the end of last year, I might consider moving up to a Bridestone.
I just hate to blow $30-$40 on a dozen golfballs when Im not hitting the ball very well and am just going to end up losing the darned things.
At $20 for 2 dozen, I dont really care of I lose Laddie Xs but I do sometimes miss having the spin of a more premium ball.

I agree with you. That is why I have been playing the Wilson Staff Zip. I love them and they can be found fairly cheap.

I play a ball until there is serious damage to the ball... especially at 3-4 dollars a ball

The e5+ is a really great Bridgestone "cheapie" -- about $24/doz. It's what I've got in my bag these days.

They are a good cheapie. But I get the zip for about $15 a dozen and I love them. I look forward to trying these E7s

The e5+ is a really great Bridgestone "cheapie" -- about $24/doz. It's what I've got in my bag these days.
Thats not bad. Does it spin to the point where its a drop 'n stop ball? For a while I was playing Nike One Platinums and those darned things would spin back about 5 feet on my wedge shots.

Thats not bad. Does it spin to the point where its a drop 'n stop ball? For a while I was playing Nike One Platinums and those darned things would spin back about 5 feet on my wedge shots.

Haven't played the Platinums, but the e5+ doesn't spin as much as the Pro-V1, in my opinion, but definitely more than the e6+.

Haven't played the Platinums, but the e5+ doesn't spin as much as the Pro-V1, in my opinion, but definitely more than the e6+.
Hmmm...interesting. Perhaps I should just buy a box of e5+s and try them out for myself. Too bad the golf season around here doesnt start for another 3 months. :snowman::curse:

Hmmm...interesting. Perhaps I should just buy a box of e5+s and try them out for myself. Too bad the golf season around here doesnt start for another 3 months. :snowman::curse:

Yeah I agree with Grogger exactly. I will say it's a 2-piece, but the urethane cover is the same material used on the B330 (I think), which accounts for its soft feel on the green and off a wedge (again, I think).

WSE is exactly right. The Wilson Staff Zip is three piece and has good spin and is in the price range. So that is why Im looking forward to this test so much.

They are a good cheapie. But I get the zip for about $15 a dozen and I love them. I look forward to trying these E7s

I also play ZIPS. I bought out my local shop when they had them for $12 dz. It is killer ball even at full price ( 19.99 dz ).

I found a Zip once (I play early in the morning before anyone else is out, so no worries about "stealing" someone's ball) and it was nice.
I found it to be kinda, "clicky" thought. It reminded me of a Callaway Warbird.

I found a Zip once (I play early in the morning before anyone else is out, so no worries about "stealing" someone's ball) and it was nice.
I found it to be kinda, "clicky" thought. It reminded me of a Callaway Warbird.

Same her B-mono. I find all Callaways and Top-Flites too clicky.

Wouldn't mind having a sleeve to try out myself! they look promising

Same her B-mono. I find all Callaways and Top-Flites too clicky.
Dont get me wrong, the Zip and the Warbird were nice. I played that Warbird the last 3 holes of that day and it flew fairly straight and held the greens well but the feel off of the irons was just weird.
Im used to playing Titleist balls where there is a more solid feel and more of a, "WHACK" sound when you hit them, but with the Warbird and the Zip all you heard was a click.
I can usually tell if its a solid shot by the feel and the sound the ball makes, but with those clicky balls there just isnt the same feel.

Dont get me wrong, the Zip and the Warbird were nice. I played that Warbird the last 3 holes of that day and it flew fairly straight and held the greens well but the feel off of the irons was just weird.
Im used to playing Titleist balls where there is a more solid feel and more of a, "WHACK" sound when you hit them, but with the Warbird and the Zip all you heard was a click.
I can usually tell if its a solid shot by the feel and the sound the ball makes, but with those clicky balls there just isnt the same feel.

I can't remember where I read it, but supposedly a large portion of people's opinion of a ball comes from the sound it makes, even though the don't realize it.

Back