Cleveland 588 Wedge w/ Miyazaki Shaft

yes they will.

Thank you -- that's excellent. I'm thinking that a 48/52/56 combination would work well with the X-24 PW. I know that there is only a 3 deg gap but I'm assuming the GI features of the PW will make it comparably longer than the 588s. I don't like the X-24 AW because it's limited for green side play and these 588s look quite sweet!

You've played the MPT-11 wedges -- are these as good or better?

Thank you -- that's excellent. I'm thinking that a 48/52/56 combination would work well with the X-24 PW. I know that there is only a 3 deg gap but I'm assuming the GI features of the PW will make it comparably longer than the 588s. I don't like the X-24 AW because it's limited for green side play and these 588s look quite sweet!

You've played the MPT-11 wedges -- are these as good or better?

I liked the MP T-11 wedges quite a bit, but these have a special place for me so far. Have not finished testing, but so far, I prefer their balance and weighting as well as the spin.

These will be going back out later this week for more feedback and comparison between the steel counterpart.

That's great JB - looking forward to hearing how they are different from a results perspective with the different shafts.

I'm really curious if you see any difference in touch shots - chips, pitches, shots from the rough, etc.

I'm betting he goes with graphite

I'm betting he likes the graphite alot, but prefers the new steel offering even more. Time will tell!

Of course he'll like the steel more, it's called "TC". Just sayin'.

No offense to all you guys having graphite iron/wedge shaft wet dreams lately but I'm not at all interested in graphite shafts for my irons or wedges. I just don't see the need for them at this point. I don't need higher launch and I think there's some great steel shafts out there that offer similar softness.

It's a neat option but it is a costly one at that.

I agree man....I'm just not at a point where I need/want graphite in those clubs yet. But I'd be interested to see if I could be proven wrong some day

No offense to all you guys having graphite iron/wedge shaft wet dreams lately but I'm not at all interested in graphite shafts for my irons or wedges. I just don't see the need for them at this point. I don't need higher launch and I think there's some great steel shafts out there that offer similar softness.

Just currious here, but have you guys hit hybrid in your iron's yet, just to see what they had to offer?

I'm very interested in the graphite's, especially after hitting a few of Smallies over the weekend. Hard to believe, but I gained distance and direction hitting them and fighting arthritis in my right hand/thump region, I think it just makes sense for me. No doubt they are not for everyone, but what if they really do work better for many?

Just currious here, but have you guys hit hybrid in your iron's yet, just to see what they had to offer?

I'm very interested in the graphite's, especially after hitting a few of Smallies over the weekend. Hard to believe, but I gained distance and direction hitting them and fighting arthritis in my right hand/thump region, I think it just makes sense for me. No doubt they are not for everyone, but what if they really do work better for many?

I don't know what you mean by "hit hybrid in your iron's".

I don't know what you mean by "hit hybrid in your iron's".

LMAO, forgive that TC, been sick and sleeping almost all day today. Meant graphite. I've always sort of said yuk, no thanks to the thought, but really thinking I may go that direction soon.

I have to agree with this. I am not remotely interested in graphite and maybe its because im 21 years old and ignorant, but I just dont feel like I need to spend the extra money when I can get some darn good steel shafts for much less

LMAO, forgive that TC, been sick and sleeping almost all day today. Meant graphite. I've always sort of said yuk, no thanks to the thought, but really thinking I may go that direction soon.

Haha, I thought that's what you meant. I have tried graphite in irons before but not wedges. In my experience, it definitely has its place but just not for me right now. I don't really hit 100% shots with my wedges anyway so I'm not sure why I would even consider graphite. I would think the graphite in wedges would actually limit one's ability to flight them lower if they wanted to. I could be way wrong but that's just my thinking.

I have to agree with this. I am not remotely interested in graphite and maybe its because im 21 years old and ignorant, but I just dont feel like I need to spend the extra money when I can get some darn good steel shafts for much less

It can be costly. But so can a lot of things in golf. I go back to TC's review of the Program shafts. Same ball flight if not better (distance wise) with less stress on the body. That to me says a lot and after speaking to the guys like Nate from Cleveland, we know that lighter can help a lot of golfers achieve certain things.

Years ago, graphite was an afterthought. Then it was just drivers. Then it was drivers and fw woods. Then it was drivers, fw woods and hybrids.

Haha, I thought that's what you meant. I have tried graphite in irons before but not wedges. In my experience, it definitely has its place but just not for me right now. I don't really hit 100% shots with my wedges anyway so I'm not sure why I would even consider graphite. I would think the graphite in wedges would actually limit one's ability to flight them lower if they wanted to. I could be way wrong but that's just my thinking.

It can be costly. But so can a lot of things in golf. I go back to TC's review of the Program shafts. Same ball flight if not better (distance wise) with less stress on the body. That to me says a lot and after speaking to the guys like Nate from Cleveland, we know that lighter can help a lot of golfers achieve certain things.

Years ago, graphite was an afterthought. Then it was just drivers. Then it was drivers and fw woods. Then it was drivers, fw woods and hybrids.

I never thought I'd be thinking about ways to play more comfortably, but some wear and tear from the years are showing up in my hands and elbow's, so guess a little experimenting is in order. Getting back to these wedges, I just can't help but think about these a lot and the addition of graphite just might make a killer set.

I think that's an interesting point, actually. I am curious how the Miyazaki wedge shafts perform when trying to keep the ball low as well.

I can definitely attest to less stress on the body with graphite. For someone that does not strike the sweet spot all that often, graphite shafts are definitely allowing me to practice more and enjoy the game without worrying about pain.

That said, these clubs look awesome. Hopefully, I can complete my set with a couple of these wedges, of course with Miyazakis....

JB will you be doing a home page review of these shafts or any type of final review? I'm very interested in them, but being a lefty in an area of (relatively) deprived golf stores, I probably won't be able to hit them, and if I do, it will be in a hitting bay which isn't very good.

Yes

I think that's an interesting point, actually. I am curious how the Miyazaki wedge shafts perform when trying to keep the ball low as well.

same here Hawk. I know I tested One-T's wedges at TMC and they had graphite shafts. I don't think it was an issue, but to be honest I don't remember 100%. I can't wait to read JBs review on this wedge.

I am so excited to see these in action. This really seems to be a great year for wedges and I have a few that are calling my name and these are calling as loud as any other.

Back