Why is it so hard to let go of some clubs?

SeeMoreGuy

They Make 'em. I Buy 'em.
Reaction score
I recently have been converting to a Mizuno fan having gone from MX.15's to MX 200 to my latest set of JPX 800P. I have kept them all and still have my PING which I like too. My delima is what to get rid of and I just don't know I like them all. How do my fellow THP'ers make the sacrifice?

SMG

TapAhoy!

I don't plan on getting rid of any equipment unless I'm desperate for money. I think it would be awesome to look in a few years and have backups of each club and backups of those. Hopefully when I get a bunch older, my garage will be filled with bags and bags of golf clubs. I'll be a walking lefty demo day. :D

I stock pile putters and rarely get rid of one just because I got another but not with irons and woods. Once I get new ones that I like, I would rather pass them on to someone else to use.

That is what I am thinking of doing. Finding someone getting started in this game and perhaps making a donation of sorts.

TapAhoy!

I have the opposite problem. I wish I could find a club that don't want to part with but that hasn't happened yet.

I think I would like to get down to three sets with one being a travel set. I am sure it can be.done.

TapAhoy!

My death grip on my previous clubs is starting to relax. I have 6 sets dating back some 25 years. I have a friend who cannot afford clubs, so one set is going to him, and he is going to put in a ceiling fan for me. Another set will be going to my 20 yr old son who is starting to show interest in golf. My TA 845s are already in my father-in-law's house. They will never see my house again. Another set will go to another friend. I still have 2 sets I plan to keep!!!! And, I want to buy a new set for myself next spring! That will bring the total back up to 3 sets.

And I'm not even going to talk putters and misc clubs. I could probably make up another set from the single clubs I have!! With still a LOT more left!! I have about 6-7 drivers and several FWs and hybrids, plus about 5 Ping putters and a couple of other putters.

I am going to toss my wood woods (7-10 or so) and about 30 very old blade clubs that NO one would ever want. My wife may think I'm seeing someone else with this MAJOR shake-up!!

Putters I go through like crazy...no problem letting them go. My Niblick 42 on the other hand I just cant let go of. It has bailed my butt out so many times, so versatile.

Back