Cleveland Black Driver - Everything You Wanted to Know

I would not typically make a statement like that but I feel that strongly about the club. I was hitting water range balls that you tend to lose 20 - 30% in distance. I am sure they were carrying at least 250. I will test this for sure in the coming weeks with a live ball and let you know the results.

thats awesome, club sounds like the real deal

I would not typically make a statement like that but I feel that strongly about the club. I was hitting water range balls that you tend to lose 20 - 30% in distance. I am sure they were carrying at least 250. I will test this for sure in the coming weeks with a live ball and let you know the results.

Sounds good Tadashi, good numbers!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Boys, I will tell you this...add 20 yards at least to what ever you are hitting your driver. If you have the swing for this club that is what you will get, at a minimum. Granted the club aint for everyone but thsoe that will be able to hit will see some drastic improvement. I don't think I can say that about any other driver setup on the market or soon to be on the market

That's some serious numbers. Adding 5-10% to your drive is a great return on investment, better than the stock market right now.

looking forward to hearing more of the live test on the course.

my normal drives range from 220-250 as well so it'll be awesome to gain more yardage so I can use shorter irons more often on approach shots.

I hit the Black Driver a good bit today. My swing and I weren't the best of friends today, but I still had some nice shots with the driver.

I typically aim left and let my fade do its thing. That caused me some problems as I was aiming left today, and the ball was going where I was aiming, left.

My tempo was off today, I was trying to overswing, and I suffered some mis-hits. A nice swing with a smooth tempo is a must with the Black, the club will do the work.

How'd it treat you in the windy conditions or was that a factor?

I hit the Black Driver a good bit today. My swing and I weren't the best of friends today, but I still had some nice shots with the driver.

I typically aim left and let my fade do its thing. That caused me some problems as I was aiming left today, and the ball was going where I was aiming, left.

My tempo was off today, I was trying to overswing, and I suffered some mis-hits. A nice swing with a smooth tempo is a must with the Black, the club will do the work.

BOOOO!! Just kidding buddy....just jealous that you get to hit this thing already...I want to hit it sooooo bad right now!

How'd it treat you in the windy conditions or was that a factor?

Wind was definitely a factor out there today, but didnt give me too many issues with the driver. My best shot with the Black came on the last hole today, once I slowed myself down a bit and swung under control. I was aimed down the left side of the fairway, figuring a slight fade would put me right where I wanted to be. I hit it dead straight, down the left of the fairway. Had I been set up down the center of the fairway, there is no telling what kind of distance I would have had.

One more test this weekend that was postponed from earlier in the week. Then we will have a full review.

I noticed golfsmith is now taking pre-orders on the new Cleveland line. Nov. 15th can't come fast enough.

I noticed golfsmith is now taking pre-orders on the new Cleveland line. Nov. 15th can't come fast enough.

Several places have them for pre-order that offer 10 or 15 percent off with free shipping but always good to check with Blind9 first.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Guys I am ---- that close to selling my darn D2 to preorder one of these bad boys! Stupid Stupid thoughts rolling through my small brain at the moment lol.

Guys I am ---- that close to selling my darn D2 to preorder one of these bad boys! Stupid Stupid thoughts rolling through my small brain at the moment lol.

Doo eet!

do it, then you can wait 6 months to actually hit it on the course lol

do it, then you can wait 6 months to actually hit it on the course lol

haha indoors buddy, I would be finding me some indoor hitting places

Who's going to pre-order this bad boy without even hitting it? Fess up!

Who's going to pre-order this bad boy without even hitting it? Fess up!

Duh I am lol. I will admit it, I am OEMING this biotch!

Duh I am lol. I will admit it, I am OEMING this biotch!

haha nice! Im very very tempted to but...lol Mad props for fessing up to you.

haha nice! Im very very tempted to but...lol Mad props for fessing up to you.

I can always replace my 910 if it doesnt work out, the reviews of this driver have been to much mixed in with the colder temps have made me go crazy.

I have no doubt this is an awesome driver however with all of the light drivers that I have tried, my misses have been huge pushes to the right side almost off the planet. It's a tempo thing for me and I just can not get a consistent rhythm built for these type clubs. Good luck to those that will be trying them and I still hope to hit this at out local demo day. It would shock me if I can put together as many FIR's as I currently average with my regular driver.

Sneaky chunky. So thats two now.

Have you hit the Cleveland yet or are you wanting to buy sight unseen?

Back