Forum Testing Signup - Pre-Release Driver

1. What driver do you currently play? Taylormade R7 9.5

2. What is your driver swing speed? 110+ MPH

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Adilia NV 65-S

4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? My main miss would be a bit of a hook. My next driver I'm looking for a 425cc driver head that has distance and good feel. I also want forgiveness as I feel the R7 has been one of the most forgiving drivers I've ever hit.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Testing would consist of multiple range sessions and rounds per week comparing it with my R7. Range Sessions would be recorded and have thoughts after a few shots each time. Rounds would have multiple picks of tee boxes and ball after landing. I'm very active and enjoy reading reviews and asking questions. I also love answering questions about things I know and test.

Thanks to the un-named OEM and THP for this great opportunity for some lucky members to be testing another piece of equipment. I will have to bow out of this as with snow on the ground right now and winter still not here yet I will have to bow out of this one and let someone else get to have the honor.

Very exciting news. Thanks to THP and mystery company for the opportunity!

1. What driver do you currently play? - Srixon Z-Star

2. What is driver swing speed? 94 to 97 mph

3. Shaft Flex - Regular

4. Main miss? - My main driver miss tends to be a pull draw. I am looking for a driver that lowers my spin, gives me max distance, and is fairly forgiving.

5. Testing process and activity? My season is coming to an end in terms of golfing on the course regularly. I have access to an outdoor heated range that I could visit a couple times a month. However, I do have access to an indoor facility with advanced launch monitors/simulators. I will be there a minimum of twice weekly during the winter. I am a very active member of the forum and an experienced reviewer. I'd devote all I had to the process.

1. What driver do you currently play? Taylormade R11 TP, 8*
2. What is your driver swing speed? 108 mph
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Project X 7C3 (6.0)
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? High and Right, looking for a more boring trajectory
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I will test this driver by initially getting information from a launch monitor to compare against my current driver, and then will play at least one round a week hitting two balls and both drivers against each other head-to-head. I will aslo play at leat one competitive round a week with just this driver in teh bag and track stats in respect of ball flight distnaces, shot shape and misses, etc. I am a regular contributor on those items that interest me, and have the site open pretty much all day. My biggest contributions tend to be in reviews that I right on clubs in my bag, the most recent being a current thread on the Adams MB2's

1. What driver do you currently play? Nike MachSpeed 10.5*

2. What is your driver swing speed? 90-95 MPH

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? UST ProForce AVIXCore, regular flex

4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Usually a slice (although corrected using STR8-Fit), and the occasional push to the left. Very rarely and pulls. Looking for a better sound out of my next driver (mine is too clanky), and definitely changing back to a traditional shape. Distance is pretty good with my Machspeed, so something similar. Also, want a little bit higher ball flight without changing the loft (as my initial ball angle seems to be fine).

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I would plan to go to the range a couple times a week, hitting 100+ balls, and use a launch monitor at least once every few times. The weather is getting cold, but the courses are still open, and I plan to play round 18-27 holes per week, so I would provide the cold-weather aspect of the club. Each time I hit, I would compare it to the Machspeed (whether it be by eye or by monitor). As for my activity level, I have been as active as I can be, checking THP almost everyday, trying to post on whatever threads I can offer insight into. I am currently spending a lot more time on THP, as my golf interest increases, and will therefore be getting my post count up as well.

Good luck to all, and thanks to THP and the secret OEM for this opportunity!

Current Driver: Titleist 910 D2
Driver swing speed: 90 mph
Shaft/Flex: Diamanna il'lima Reg flex 61 g
Normal miss: Right better shaft selection
I truly enjoy THP and always have a positive "something" to say, although I lean towards being too Conservative, (former military can't help myself), I have no experience in testing things for THP, but have an "open mind" concerning new adventures. That's me, the Gap!

As much as I would like to review a pre-release. I'm gonna have to bow out of this one. I only have a couple weeks at most of golf season left. So I don't think I could give enough feedback in that time. But thanks for the great opportunity THP and mystery company. This site is amazing.

Amphibians can Tapatalk.

Another cool opportunity. Thanks to THP and mystery company. Good luck to the potential testers, hope to hear some great reviews.

Good luck to those who are chosen!

Appreciate the chance to be considered:

1. What driver do you currently play? TaylorMade R11 12 Degree
2. What is your driver swing speed? 78-82 MPH
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? M (Senior Flex) 60 gram stock shaft
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Main miss is a high slice, but this is better with the M flex shaft and not trying to kill it. (It's hard to kill anything at 80MPH :-(
In my next driver I'm looking for some increase in distance, good forgiveness of mis-hits, great sound, feel, and looks. Nice looking headcover carries a little weight here too I'm ashamed to admit.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I just joined the Forum earlier this year, but I look in at least once a day and enjoy following various topics and commenting or asking questions. The testing done by other forum members has helped guide my club selection and purchases. I don't have video capabilities, but can do digital pics and report on playing at least weekly. Also have free access to a practice range near the house and can compare this test driver to not only the R-11, but also a couple of others I have, Callaways, older TaylorMade. I'll bet the guys at our locally owned (non-franchised) golf shop where I buy most of my stuff would let me use their testing equipment for comparison purposes if I asked them.

I've been looking at everybody's answers. You need a slow swinging old f--t like me to balance out these speed demons.

1. What driver do you currently play? Wilson Staff Smooth 10.5
2. What is your driver swing speed? 105-110
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Wilson Smooth stock shaft in stiff flex
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Push Fade is my main miss. Looking for the most forgiving driver with consistency.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am always lurking on THP but I don't post too much. Will obviously post more if I am chosen. I am currently away from my family in New Mexico on some training so I can play twice a week for the next 3 months. Pretty mild winters here. I also plan on visiting the driving range once a week.

Last edited:
1. What driver do you currently play? Nike MachSpeed Black Round 9.5*
2. What is your driver swing speed? 97-100
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Fubuki 50G Stiff
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Usually I miss with an over draw or hook. I like the ability to adjust the head/hosel.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'm still pretty new to THP but i try to get on as often as possible. I would be able to provide pictures and video as well as write a full review. I can usually get out to the course or range twice a week.

I really appreciate the opportunity to be a part of testing. Thanks to THP and the Mystery OEM.

Pretty cool to have another testing happening concurrently with the Ping bags. Sadly I will not be submitting for this but thanks should go out to the mystery OEM and THP for such a wonderful opportunity. Can't wait to see who the lucky chosen are.

Seriously? I mystery DRIVER! Now this is pure THP style right here. Huge thanks to THP and the mystery company. Showing my support as always!

1. What driver do you currently play? Ping K15
2. What is your driver swing speed? Mid high 90s
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Project X 5.5
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Main miss is a big pull. May I be honest? I'm not looking for another driver. What I have now is better than anything I have ever used.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am pretty active on THP. Testing would include vids, pics, and lots of posts. Would field any and all questions from forum members. Weather is a big factor in the coming months so I would be very opportunistic in my golf. If it's not too cold I would be on the tee.

1. What driver do you currently play? Cleveland SL 290 10.5*
2. What is your driver swing speed? 100 mph based on my last launch monitor testing
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Miyazaki c.kua in stiff flex
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? My main miss is a push left with a fade. In my next driver I'm looking for the distance I get with my current driver, but a little more forgiveness.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? For my testing I would put this mystery driver in the bag right away and take it to the range and out to the course. I would be looking at distance, ball flight, carry yardage, roll, and forgiveness. I would have updates after every range session and round, and I play at least once a week, and hit the range at least twice. I would say I'm active on THP.

Thank you again to THP and the mystery company for this opportunity for THP members to test out a pre release driver.

I haven't heard of the Mystery Driver, are they a new company? :confused2:

1. What driver do you currently play?
:taylormade: Super-Tri 9.5

2. What is your driver swing speed?
93-96 mph at golf smith last month.

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play?

Fujikura Motore 60 Stiff

4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver?
My miss is usually a pull or pull hook and then I usually correct with a push for a few holes. Looking for more distance, but who isn't. Would like to lower my ball flight a little and get more consistency.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?

I would bring the engineering approach to testing. I can't swing like a robot but I'll record as much data as I can. There is a driving range less than a mile from my work. I'm there at least once a week hitting, its mats only so driver is one of the clubs I work on most there. I would of course get it out on the course as much as I could. I usually get out 3-4 times a month with an additional 9 holes 1 or 2 times per month. My new phone arrives Friday so pictures and video will be easier to get with my new toy. My activity level has been low as far as posting goes so far, but I'm on the forum almost every night reading and learning.

I look forward to following this mystery driver.

Good luck to those selected!

I love mystery products!! Too bad I won't get to play much the next month so I guess I'll pass...

1. What driver do you currently play? - Taylormade R9 TP

2. What is your driver swing speed? - avg at last testing was 109.7mph

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? - Aldila RIP Alpha X Flex

4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? - Usually play with slight fade but bad shot is more of a push. Not massively right though

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?
- Testing will take place both on the course and range. Images/video will be used if necessary to back up any review. This new club would be tested against my current driver as that will give a benchmark for any feedback re playability etc. I an not affraid to say the product is not up to standard if there is any doubt with it. I am fairly active on THP, not as much as many others on here though, but when I contribute I always try to be constructive.

I currently play a Vortex 10.5 Driver
I think my driver swing speed is about 90-100 mph
My driver has a Vortex regular shaft
I mainly miss with a slight push and am looking for more feel and a sweeter strike
I use a range once a week and play as much as I can. I would test distance and accuracy on the range and report the feel and sound. I read all the Facebook THP postings regularly.

I'm really curious which driver this is. Quite a few new ones coming out soon.

Darn. Lots of forum testing going on, and my season is over. Boooo. Maybe next year.

I am excited to see which company is offering this driver for testing, thank you mystery company and THP for this testing opportunity for some lucky THPers.

1. What driver do you currently play? TaylorMade R-11

2. What is your driver swing speed? 92 to 95 depending on how loose the back is that day

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 stiff

4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? I hit mostly straight, but I will push or pull a shot when I try to swing too hard. I like to be able to move the ball with a draw or cut, most drivers are much easier for me to do one or the other, my current driver is easier for me to hit the cut and sometimes when I try to draw the ball it still goes deal straight. Workability is what I seek.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I live in central Georgia and therefore am able to play golf year round. I typically play 3 to 5 times per week, and I usually go to the driving range at least once a week. I will be able to submit reviews several times per week, videos and pictures will be submitted and I will answer any questions submitted by THP members about the driver. As far as activity I am on THP almost every day and love following the articles, media shows, reviews & various forums. I contribute my thoughts and comments on many different topics. As I have said before, you could say I am addicted to THP.

Last edited:
What driver do you currently play? Currently using the Burner Superfast 2.0
2. What is your driver swing speed? 110 mph
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Fujikura Blur 60 Stiff.
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? I tend to leave the ball out causing a slice, looking for a little more distance and height to my shot
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I play 2 rounds per week and practice once per week.

Darn. Lots of forum testing going on, and my season is over. Boooo. Maybe next year.

Dang, I was hoping you would post your swing speed of 1000 haha. You need to move to NC.

Also, I am highly curious as to what driver this is and who it is made by and what kind of driver it is (460cc, 430cc etc.).

Back