The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been to McDonald's in more than four months...sigh...

McDouble with mac sauce...1$ and amazing.

There was an interesting article on Yahoo a while back showing the different food McDonalds offers around the world. From Tofu to Tandori, stuff you would never expect.

You dont even have to go out of the US. Go down south or out west and the McDonald's all have something different. One of the McD's in our area has this Bistro place inside it that serves completely different food from the norm. They even bring it out to you.

A nurse that works for me, her husband is a Commercial Stone Crabber, can get them for $4/lb.

I demolish those things.

I've never paid for them. Went to a wedding a while back and those were on the menu, suckers! I've never met a crab I didn't like...except for that one time.

It's a play on the WTF my man. The "C" word is a bad word. It's slang for female private parts.

Yeah, when you coming up dude. And where are you headed?

End of this month sometime, surprising my mom for turkey day, coming West cause I miss golf with hills.

You dont even have to go out of the US. Go down south or out west and the McDonald's all have something different. One of the McD's in our area has this Bistro place inside it that serves completely different food from the norm. They even bring it out to you.

We have those in Orlando too, they are the Bistro Gourmet's. They have an omelet station for breakfast and for lunch and dinner they have things like shrimp and pasta and then all different cakes and pastries for dessert.

We have those in Orlando too, they are the Bistro Gourmet's. They have an omelet station for breakfast and for lunch and dinner they have things like shrimp and pasta and then all different cakes and pastries for dessert.

You had me at omelet.

There was an interesting article on Yahoo a while back showing the different food McDonalds offers around the world. From Tofu to Tandori, stuff you would never expect.
Ive seen something on Discovery Channel about it, about the "Head Chefs" at McDoanlds HQ and how they come up with over 300 new menu items each year and only one or two make it to the menu.

They have at least 3 that I know of and I am sure some more right in the Orlando area. One off international drive, one off Sand lake and another on Kirkman.

See I drove past one on sand lake and thought "you haven't eaten there in awhile, let's stop." But no I didn't listen to myself, figures!

They have at least 3 that I know of and I am sure some more right in the Orlando area. One off international drive, one off Sand lake and another on Kirkman.
I lived in a hotel off Kirkman while I was traveling to and from Orlando last fall, cant believe I missed an Omelette McDonalds.

Ive seen something on Discovery Channel about it, about the "Head Chefs" at McDoanlds HQ and how they come up with over 300 new menu items each year and only one or two make it to the menu.

I saw that too. I love all those food shows and discovery channel shows. Makes me feel smarter.

I saw that too. As much as I dislike everything there but the McGriddle and the McRib its fascinating stuff to watch.

I saw that too. I love all those food shows and discovery channel shows. Makes me feel smarter.

I saw that too. As much as I dislike everything there but the McGriddle and the McRib its fascinating stuff to watch.

If it's the same one, it was pretty interesting how they choose their produce vendors and all of that, as well has they taste testers with all of their stuff.

If it's the same one, it was pretty interesting how they choose their produce vendors and all of that, as well has they taste testers with all of their stuff.

I used to work for a company that did some work for a big food vendor in PA, like Sysco or something. We would be doing an install in their office and next door they had this huge room set up with a kitchen where they made food for people. They would always bring us over samples and it was really good. I was quite surprised how good some of it was.

truth. the largest one in NC is simply epic with its choices. I'm not a fast foodie by any stretch but how can you not go ham at a place like that?

Thanks everybody, now I want one of these

McDonalds-Fish.gif

So it turns out that Chicken Big Macs suck. They are way worse than a McChicken, I think it really needs the Chicken Sauce to make it work, the Big Mac Sauce doesnt stand out enough with the chicken and the breaded chicken plus the 3 piece bun is too much, you cant taste anything else. I am really disappointed.

So it turns out that Chicken Big Macs suck. They are way worse than a McChicken, I think it really needs the Chicken Sauce to make it work, the Big Mac Sauce doesnt stand out enough with the chicken and the breaded chicken plus the 3 piece bun is too much, you cant taste anything else. I am really disappointed.

Ouch man, there are few things worse than a disapointing meal.

That does sound like a lot of bread/breading. I guess I can stop the Chicken Big Mac pondering now.

SW, you getting a Cheesehead roommate? If I was your roommate I'd go for Stone Crab with you. That's awesome clawing.

You dorks should come to Wiscansin and play golf. I'd take you John's Root Beer for on tap root beer in a chilled mug. It's a little stand in the city I grew up that has been around since the '30s. Best. Root Beer. Ever. They also have hot dogs with this kind of weird sauce that are great, even though the dogs themselves are pretty crappy. Good crispy shoestring fires, too. The place rocks.

Man I have a freakin' headache. Thank God this week is over.

Kevin

Dude that post makes Wisconsin seem bearable. I love some shoestring fries. Can I put cheese on them?

--
tapatalk

Dude that post makes Wisconsin seem bearable. I love some shoestring fries. Can I put cheese on them?

--
tapatalk

$.60.

And dude, the golf courses are fantastic.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back