What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to say. I used the Cobra ZL Encore, the Nike VR Pro Forged and the Bridgestone J40 w/ Miyazaki. The difference in ball flights was staggering, but I was hitting them all really well.

NICE problem to have JB hahaha. Might be a difficult decision.

Played Innisbrook Copperhead today.

Shot 81 today with a 42 on the front (after starting with a quad on the first hole) and a 39 on the back. One of the best driving days of my life as I hit 12 of 14 fairways and was averaging 274 yards off the tee (GPS measured). This after a rain this morning, and getting absolutely no roll. Distances I normally just dont see. Not sure what was the big reason behind it (used 3 different drivers today as I switched every 6 holes), but the ball was just flying forever and my swing felt great. My driver swing felt smoother than it has ever been before for some reason.

I had 4 three putts that took the life out of me today and did not make a single putt outside of 5 feet. It was just one of those days.

Damn dude that is solid. If you are driving the ball well I don't want any part of you

Shot 81 today with a 42 on the front (after starting with a quad on the first hole) and a 39 on the back. One of the best driving days of my life as I hit 12 of 14 fairways and was averaging 274 yards off the tee (GPS measured). This after a rain this morning, and getting absolutely no roll. Distances I normally just dont see. Not sure what was the big reason behind it (used 3 different drivers today as I switched every 6 holes), but the ball was just flying forever and my swing felt great. My driver swing felt smoother than it has ever been before for some reason.

I had 4 three putts that took the life out of me today and did not make a single putt outside of 5 feet. It was just one of those days.

Wow! You were bombing it today! Don't you love the feeling when you feel like you just take a smooth swing and the ball just goes a mile? Imagine if you had firm, dry fairways, maybe another 15 yards? Were you walking off thinking what might have been if your putter showed up? Take away the 4 three jacks and give yourself your normal putting consistency and maybe could have gone under par? Still a great round.

That is some amazing driving accuracy while switching drivers no less. Oh yeah, also a pretty nice track to test drivers on. It sounds like any driver you would have tested today would have fared well.

I assume those ball flights would be highest to lowest?

Hard to say. I used the Cobra ZL Encore, the Nike VR Pro Forged and the Bridgestone J40 w/ Miyazaki. The difference in ball flights was staggering, but I was hitting them all really well.

Damn dude that is solid. If you are driving the ball well I don't want any part of you

Nah, the way I putted, you would have been fine.

Wow! You were bombing it today! Don't you love the feeling when you feel like you just take a smooth swing and the ball just goes a mile? Imagine if you had firm, dry fairways, maybe another 15 yards? Were you walking off thinking what might have been if your putter showed up? Take away the 4 three jacks and give yourself your normal putting consistency and maybe could have gone under par? Still a great round.

I try not to think too much about that stuff. It was a gorgeous day (although windy) and its hard to get too mad out there.

That is some amazing driving accuracy while switching drivers no less. Oh yeah, also a pretty nice track to test drivers on. It sounds like any driver you would have tested today would have fared well.

Thank you very much. It sure felt like that today. Very cool watching the different ball flight I got from each one though.

12/14 fairways is very impressive, even more so when changing drivers every 6 holes.

Still giving the Mashie a workout? You had the Nike Drone in play today correct?

83 today on a chilly and windy day from the white tees at Jonesco. Greens were real tricky! Whipped Bernice's arse on the back nine.

Tap Tap

12/14 fairways is very impressive, even more so when changing drivers every 6 holes.

Still giving the Mashie a workout? You had the Nike Drone in play today correct?

The Mashie FW was an absolute stud today.
The plan was to play the Drone and then it was left behind.

I try not to think too much about that stuff. It was a gorgeous day (although windy) and its hard to get too mad out there.

I understand. I can't help but think about what might have been, but the fact that I live in America and can afford to play golf quickly evaporates my anger.

Nice to see you adapted my putting stroke from Wednesday :beat-up:

Those are crazy driver numbers, great job dude!

83 today on a chilly and windy day from the white tees at Jonesco. Greens were real tricky! Whipped Bernice's arse on the back nine.

Tap Tap

Bernice is intimidating, good job gray

old_lady_playing_bingo.gif

After starting my golf workout plan this morning which I've dubbed "Alex's Workout to Golf Awesomeness" I decided to go play nine. My intentions were to take my newly acquired 4 wood to the course and see what happens. I hit a beauty opening tee shot 270 into a perfect position. It was a Par 5 and I thought that trying it off the deck would be a good idea to see how it performs. It was playing uphill and into a wind.. I left myself a short wedge and a birdie later I was on my way. I would continue to use the Burner 2.0 fairway and the results were fantastic. The swing was really clicking and I was hunting pins. I shot a 30 (Par 35).

Regardless of the score I played with an 85 year old retired physician. Honestly, it was the most enjoyable round of golf I have ever played. To me... that was worth it in itself. We nearly never played together because the clubhouse and the gent were concerned about his pace of play. He was going to tee off initially with me and then separate....I'm glad we didn't.

Alex

Played with the MSGA (Mid Carolina Seniors Golf Association) - this is the senior's men group at the club where I'm a member, Mid Carolina Country Club, est 1968

conditions, cloudy, windy, drizzle, some rain, more drizzle, on the last hole, sunshine and a par for me :) we started on 18 finished on 17, a par 3 160 yards.

I did 'OK' today given the conditions. I just didn't find my swing today, it was there, then gone, then back again only to leave me .... I still had a GOOD TIME !

We were playing 2 man best ball, A and B flights, flights were not mixed. My partner and I won our flight with a 84 (40/44) WAHOOOOOOO !!!

I shot a 93, which I'm FINE with that, especially given the conditions today .... Monday is yet another opportunity waiting for me :) !!

I gotta go over to that other thread, where the GINN thing is ... mine is down to 20.6 with the Nov report GIDDY UP !!!!

Most important thing is having a good time. Good shooting.

I couldn't agree with you more ! and Thank You Sir !

Ever have one of those days that you felt like you played better than you scored? Happened to me today. Had to deal with some wind and a little light misty rain for a hole and a half.

Old Corkscrew...Blue tees 74.0/146...85.

Ever have one of those days that you felt like you played better than you scored? Happened to me today. Had to deal with some wind and a little light misty rain for a hole and a half.

Old Corkscrew? In Bonita Springs? I was going to play it last March while I was down there? Heard she's both beauty and beast.

Alex

Another day of going from rehab to the golf course. Cold, windy, and soggy--had to keep the wind pants on today and wouldn't you know it, the sun came out warm and the wind ceased to blow as I walked from 18 back to the club house. It was a strange day, I struck the long irons, 3,4,5 good, the short irons poorly, and started $h__nking wedges on the eighth hole. EVERY WEDGE! Finally got it worked out and hit a wedge to two feet on 18 for birdie but not before shooting 45 on the back. 86 today. Can't wait for tomorrow, I get to play without going to rehab first.

Yep, and I have had them the other way too, much better score than the way I struck the ball. It's just golf. :D

Another day of going from rehab to the golf course. Cold, windy, and soggy--had to keep the wind pants on today and wouldn't you know it, the sun came out warm and the wind ceased to blow as I walked from 18 back to the club house. It was a strange day, I struck the long irons, 3,4,5 good, the short irons poorly, and started $h__nking wedges on the eighth hole. EVERY WEDGE! Finally got it worked out and hit a wedge to two feet on 18 for birdie but not before shooting 45 on the back. 86 today. Can't wait for tomorrow, I get to play without going to rehab first.

Good luck tomorrow buddy, in my mind I cannot see you shooting an 86, your swing just looks too solid for that. Those $h@nks will mess with your mind.

Played 13 holes today with Texashacker. Made it more or less a practice day.

I played like crap. Made one nice long putt for a par though.

I played twice this past week. I took two days off in advance of our major project going live tonight at 2AM, as that's the only weekend I was going to get. I used both days to play golf. I decided to play a course I've only played once previously but the rate I got was nuts. 18 holes plus the cart at a decent country club for $12.50 for a 9AM tee time. Yeah it's been chilly (45ish) when I teed off, but it was worth it.

On Wednesday I didn't keep score, just played the course and had a good time. I hit a couple of drives that flat stunned me. I'm not a long driver and I'm using a 12* G10. One of them I shot from a Par 4 which from the tees I was using (yellow, I tee forward because I'm not a long driver and my ego isn't affected by the tee box) plays 275. I lined up right planning on trying to play my off and on pull to the left and see if I could skirt the bunker and hit the center of the fairway. Instead I hit it dead straight (figures, eh?) and LONG. I couldn't believe my eyes as the ball looked like it was going to hit the back fence. I figured that was a mirage and I went after it. When I found it I was beyond the flagstick. I'd say it was 270 or 280 yards (the hole curves slightly left), to include roll of course. I NEVER hit it that far. My best drives are usually 230-240, and involve some amount of curve. Amazing. I had another on the 456 yard 14th. I figured I'd hit driver, 3 wood, mid iron, chip and two putt and take a bogey if I made no serious errors. My drive ended up another thirty yards farther than I expected and this took into account that the hole went uphill rather dramatically. I had landed nearly at the apex of the hill. My 3rd shot was a 4 hybrid (bad second shot) that just flew and landed on the fringe pin high. A two putt later I had a par. I was amazed. I also sank a 30 foot putt. I just walked up to it, eyeballed the line casually and putted. I'll be damned if it didn't drive right at the hole at the right pace and sink. I'm convinced if I'd stopped and tried to line it up properly I'd have misread the break or pace.

Friday I played the same course. It was colder and I was forced to wear two gloves, which I have never done before. I lost two balls off the tee on the first hole and decided to start over. I then decided to keep score on my restart. I proceeded to par the first two holes (never had two pars in a row), bogied the third and scrambled all over the course. Wayward drives, crazy chips and all. Sank another long putt the same way as the day before. When I was done I figured I'd failed to break 100 like I usually do. I shot a 93. I was dumbfounded.

I then ended up taking the neighbor's kids to the range, as they'd been bugging me for a week or so. We get out there and I am teaching them the basics of a correct golf swing. Even if I'm inconsistent with mine, I do know what it SHOULD look like. The girl is coming along quickly. She's one or two adjustments away from launching a golf ball the right way. The boy just started and has a longer way to go. They asked me for a demonstration and I figured I'd hit a bucket with them as I could use the practice. Aside from a few bad shots, I was long and straight the entire time. I was dumbfounded for the second time that day. Normally I'm a huge mess on the range and take great pride in the ten or so shots where it all comes together. In this case I had ten shots that were awful and the rest were entirely playable.

This game confuses the hell out of me.

Good stuff XA, enjoyed the writeup. I love that you are getting the neighbor kids into the game, good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back