Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with your entry mc, you would make a fine participant in the MC 2.0, I will be pulling for you to make it.

Thank you DawgDaddy! Very kind of you to say and I really appreciate it.

Tappin' from my iPad!

108 yard PW to 4 feet and made the putt for par. Would have been a nice par 5 hole if my second shot hadn't hit that tree and bounced back to where I was the same amount out.

108 yard PW to 4 feet and made the putt for par. Would have been a nice par 5 hole if my second shot hadn't hit that tree and bounced back to where I was the same amount out.

Great shot with the PW anyway. Gotta love those 4 foot putts for par.

It was a complete practice round, but that was one of the holes I played straight up. I'm working on my drives and trying to stop coming over the top.

172 yard par 3 downhill. 6 iron to about 8 feet. Missed the putt

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Had a beautiful 5 iron today down wind, about 215ish. Hit in the center of the green that is slightly raised. And it rolled to the backside for a good eagle attempt. Got the tap in birdie though.
14FC4378-orig.jpg

Was way left of the green on the 210 par 3, and was 30 feet below the green. I was probably 25 yards away and it was way uphill like I said, and I hit my pitch to 3 inches. Easy par.

brutal day today but i did get a sandy par by hitting a great bunker shot inside of tap in range

207 out, 3 wood to 12 feet short and left of the hole. Two putt par.

Thanks, it was probably my best shot with that club all season.

Hitting a slight draw w/9 iron on 16th hole @ Osprey Links, left it 10 ft away for only birdie of the day. Yea, been noticing the draw hits have been more frequent this season. Usually I'm fading it.

Off the green 15yd from the pin. Chip shot hit the pin and stopped about 6" away. Tap in par.

128 out into a 30 MPH wind. Flighted a 7 iron down perfectly and ended up 5 feet from the hole.

Tappin' from my iPad!

This pretty much explains it...
FF45ABD4-1.jpg

It was a beautiful PW from about 140 with a small draw. I knew I had hit it good just didn't know that close. Tap in birdie.

This pretty much explains it...

It was a beautiful PW from about 140 with a small draw. I knew I had hit it good just didn't know that close. Tap in birdie.

Nice shot!

Bombed several drives today but draining a 15 footer to save par on number 6 after taking a penalty for a lost ball was the most gratifying.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Hit a nice LW from 66 yards to about a foot on 18. Nearly carried in the hole. I'm loving the new wedge technique - divots are lame and you almost scoop it up. True loft FTW.

They say practice in 3rds right. Spend 3x as much time on the short game as the long sticks and 3x more time around the greens. Yet the thing that keeps bringing me back is watching a flight of a ball you imagined in your head and then executed - usually off the tee. For some reason it is the most difficult part of the game for me. I love the shot-tracker on NBC. I wish they used it more often. It's what I picture...but I haven't been able to produce recently.

The best shot I hit today was a 54 degree wedge to about 18 inches from 106 in wind. What made it a good shot was that I had $hanked that same wedge 6-8 times since the eighth hole. Finally figured out it was ball position. Actually the best shot today was a made 49 foot putt for birdie on a nasty little par 3.

Seems the wedge was club of choice for most "best shots" today. I haven't carried a 60* wedge in several years but the only birdie of my round today was set up by this lob wedge from 18-20 yards out (4 ft putt)- think I will leave it in the bag for now!!

Probably the 33 foot putt I sank for birdie on the 5th, or the Texas wedge I holed out from around 20 feet from a few yards off the green through Bermuda fringe.

Hole 18: 132 yards into the green on a par 4 and stuck a knocked down 9 iron 7 feet left of the pin. Missed the birdie....grrrr.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Hole 18: 132 yards into the green on a par 4 and stuck a knocked down 9 iron 7 feet left of the pin. Missed the birdie....grrrr.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Good shot! You'll get 'em tomorrow for sure Cookie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back