End of Daylight Saving Time puts a damper on golf

I'm with ya'.

I hadn't thought of that part. Babies have no idea you're supposed to get an extra hour of sleep. Drat.

It sucks both in the spring and the fall for a week or two sometimes.

I love the time change, it lets me golf earlier.

Frost delays are pretty much going to ruin that idea for us most days going forward.

Keep him up an hour later than usual.

Yea, it seems like it would work that way, but it doesn't.

For most it'll be weekend golf or nothing. Have to roll with it come December the days will begin to get longer.

A good thing is a course I play just changed to winter rates of $9 green fees after 1pm. Even if you only get in 9 holes it is still a great deal.

Sent from HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

Best part about this time of year, while your all over there losing daylight savings here in Australia we are just getting it for our summer, loving the sun going down at about 8pm, means I can go out and play for a few hours after work each night.

dark at 6:30, this SUCKS

Bump for this Sunday morning (2 AM). Don't forget to set your clocks!

Won't even be able to hit a bucket of balls!!!!! Dark at 5-5:30pm. My weekend with my 'honey do' list and regular chores will chase most golf out of the realm of possibility until spring. Maybe a bucket on a weekend. Then, the snow will hit!!

grrrr!!!! hate this time of year

I love this time of year! Makes it so much easier to play golf in the Morning before work!

Dang. This is going to hurt my golfing schedule. I like to go late afternoons but now with it getting dark earlier, I'm not sure I'll be able to play as much.

Dang. This is going to hurt my golfing schedule. I like to go late afternoons but now with it getting dark earlier, I'm not sure I'll be able to play as much.
Wake up, get on the course at 6am!

I'm gonna have to shift my schedule up a small bit on my wednesday round now for sure.

We're now getting to the stage where it gets light at about 7:30 and dark about 16:30...and it'll get worse. Argh.

Just realized the thread title is incorrect. It's not that DST puts a damper on golf, it's the END of it that puts the damper on!

Title changed!

Thanks for the sentiment adwillingham, but up in Canada I haven't seen grass for a month already (I have heard its still there under all the leaves that cover our lawns and courses)

The snow I can deal with. Not having an indoor practice facility open during the winter, I cannot.

It also sucks as I look out my window while writing this, that it is snowing like crazy outside.

Wake up, get on the course at 6am!

I'm with this line of thought. I usually don't play rounds as AM tee times are pricey, but in winter I usually am at the range at least twice a week before work. Few things are better than a little golf activity before heading to the office!

I know I should not complain because I do live where I can play year round. But I do dislike the next 4 months of shorter daylight. I miss the quick nines after work. Have to play on weekends only for the most part until the next time change.

I love this time of year! Makes it so much easier to play golf in the Morning before work!

Totally agree. I play my golf in the morning after taking my son to school so an extra hour of sunrise lets the frost melt and gets me on the course sooner.

yeah man, it sucks, but my twilight starts at 1pm not so I can golf a whole round if the course isn't clogged up

I know I should not complain because I do live where I can play year round. But I do dislike the next 4 months of shorter daylight. I miss the quick nines after work. Have to play on weekends only for the most part until the next time change.

Back