Wilson Staff DXI Superlight Driver

To me it wasn't overly loud, but it was a little higher pitched than I prefer.

there was a little higher pitch to it, but I didn't think it was any worse than other drivers I have used in the past. I just remember being very consistent with it on the range at demo day. Looking forward to the Superlight series.

there was a little higher pitch to it, but I didn't think it was any worse than other drivers I have used in the past. I just remember being very consistent with it on the range at demo day. Looking forward to the Superlight series.

I wonder if it will maintain that consistent quality with the lighter weight. This has the potential to be a very good offering from W/S and I hope we can get some real world info soon.

With your tempo, I'd bet you could get some good swings with it.

It's sort of sad for me to think that this is probably the exact opposite of what I need right now, but I'm still going to give it whirl when the opportunity comes.

This one should be arriving at THP HQ in the next few days.

Really excited to see more about this one and hear how it compares to similar drivers out right now.

I'm really excited to see this one. Hope to give it a few swings in a few weeks if it's still around

Awesome - as others have said, I am excited to see how this compares to the other ultra/super/extreme lightweight offerings coming out.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Would love to see a head to head with this and the new Cleveland offerings. I would assume advantage Cleveland due to the shaft offerings but time will tell.

Has this arrived at THP yet?

It hasn't and I truly expected it a few days ago. Hopefully it arrives shortly because I am eager to test it out.

Hit it on the range at a demo day. This thing is superlight. And long.

The head shape is confidence inducing, the weight (or lack thereof) is near enough to perfect.
I was able to confidently hit straight shots, draws, fades (and slices) and most came out quite low. That suits me though because my home course can be windy. Can't remember what shaft was fixed unfortunately.

It was on my Christmas wish list until I found my current driver in the bargain bin.

I just bought the DXi Superlight a couple of weeks ago. I have never bought a lightweight driver or a 46 inch driver. It didn't take long to get used to though. The lighter weight actually helps me maintain a more consistent tempo and the 46 inch length added about 15 yards. It has a nice balance and the head feels solid. Other lightweight drivers that i demo'd in stores had transferred too much vibration to the grip making them feel flimsy.
The only complaint I have is the sound. Pretty clanky and loud. But I can live with that when i am hitting farther and straighter than before.
Lightweight drivers might not be for everyone. My swing speed is in the low 90s. I would imagine that hard hitters would be better off with heavier shafts.

Back