Favorite Course This Year...

I was fortunate enough to play spyglass hill and Torrey pines this year. Tough call on which one was better, both were amazing.

I have only played 10 away courses this year.

1. Bandon Trails, I still like Pacific Dunes better but didn't play Pacific this year. Trails is a great golf course!
2. I will be at World Woods, Pine Barrens in two weeks, a course that I really like so I'm going to go ahead and put it on the list.
3. Aspen Lakes in Sisters, Oregon.
4. Old Union in Blairsville, Georgia.

I really enjoyed playing Quarry Oaks in Ashland Nebraska.

Really a good layout, I would like to get back out there sometime, a dandy course!

Coeur d'Alene Resort in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

Some beautiful par 3s (not the floating one either) this is another course I want to get back on.

I have only played 10 away courses this year.

1. Bandon Trails, I still like Pacific Dunes better but didn't play Pacific this year. Trails is a great golf course!
2. I will be at World Woods, Pine Barrens in two weeks, a course that I really like so I'm going to go ahead and put it on the list.
3. Aspen Lakes in Sisters, Oregon.
4. Old Union in Blairsville, Georgia.

They just overseeded Pine Barrens and I think Rolling Oaks was last week or this week, can't remember. Just a friendly FYI

I stayed close to home most of the year with a couple of trips to Va Beach and some military courses. Best of the year would have to go to Hanging Rock Golf Course in Roanoke Va this past September. My wife wanted local fresh picked apples, so we combined 2 trips in the same weekend. The apples were great, she can pick em, and the fall foilage and golf course were great too. Nice course, beautiful scenery and the course was in great condition.

I got to play Burnt Pine at Sandestin back in May. http://www.burntpinegolfclub.com/burnt_pine/

Went early AM during the week and was able to play by myself at my own pace so I was able to really soak up the scenery. Beautiful course, not as tough as I thought it would be but not worth $150 IMO. That said, I'd play it again.

They just overseeded Pine Barrens and I think Rolling Oaks was last week or this week, can't remember. Just a friendly FYI

Thanks, I will give them a call. We are planning on going the week after Thanksgiving. Last time I was there in November it was great, maybe 18th or 19th? Somewhere in the middle of month.

Pipestone CC in Dayton Ohio

I would say my favorite new course I played this year is the North/South Course at Grand Cypress. It was a both a challenging and risk reward course that was a lot of fun to play.

The company was great too other than Jrod who just makes me mad, grrrrrrrr

I've played a few really good ones and it's a tough choice. Probably the Champion at PGA National. I love that tee shot on number one.

Only played 7 courses this year. Darkhorse in Auburn, CA was my favorite of the bunch.

Erin Hills.

Everytime I play it (which isn't often) I love it more and more.

I played over 30 courses this year and all had something good about them (even if a few were just the fact I was golfing). Heritage Plantation in Myrtle Beach was one of my favorites this year. Every hole was perfect event the island one with the big gator.

I played 1 new course this year, so it's my favorite based on new challenge. Crimson Ridge in Sault Ste. Marie, ON. I played the back nine twice in mid-September. Wound up with a 99. Greens were very undulating, nice fairways, excellent shape overall. The par 3 17th, shot calls to clear a 100 ft. deep ravine, I cleared it to end up 8 ft. away. Missed my birdie putt, made par. Plowed a birdie putt from just off green on 11 from 30 ft. Will get back next year to start on front nine. And also to give Wild Bluff a go on Michigan side. L8R

Sherman Hills in Brooksville, FL. Don't know why, just loved it. Maybe because I know the superintendant....:D

I had been waiting to post here until after my trip to Bandon... and ladys and gentlemen, we have a winner!!!! PACIFIC DUNES! Here is my top 10 of courses played this year.

1. Pacific Dunes, Bandon, OR
2. Bandon Dunes, Bandon, OR
3. Old MacDonald, Bandon, OR
4. Pronghorn (Fazio), Bend, OR
5. Pronghorn (Nicklaus), Bend, OR
6. Chambers Bay, University Place, WA
7. Bandon Trails, Bandon, OR
8. Pumpkin Ridge (Ghost Creek), North Plains, OR
9. Sand Hollow, Hurricane, UT
10. PGA National (Champions), West Palm Beach, FL

with a very honorable mention to The Reserve (South), Aloha, OR. WOW! This has been quite a year for golf!

I had been waiting to post here until after my trip to Bandon... and ladys and gentlemen, we have a winner!!!! PACIFIC DUNES! Here is my top 10 of courses played this year.

1. Pacific Dunes, Bandon, OR
2. Bandon Dunes, Bandon, OR
3. Old MacDonald, Bandon, OR
4. Pronghorn (Fazio), Bend, OR
5. Pronghorn (Nicklaus), Bend, OR
6. Chambers Bay, University Place, WA
7. Bandon Trails, Bandon, OR
8. Pumpkin Ridge (Ghost Creek), North Plains, OR
9. Sand Hollow, Hurricane, UT
10. PGA National (Champions), West Palm Beach, FL

with a very honorable mention to The Reserve (South), Aloha, OR. WOW! This has been quite a year for golf!

Very similar to mine Teeth. Great courses on there buddy!

Kaneohe Klipper Golf Course, Kaneohe HI - with THPer coltharris
Gordon Lakes, Augusta GA - with THPers omikey & Slammin' Sam
Butternut Creek Golf Course, Blairsville GA - with many THPers at the Georgia Outing
Old Union Golf Course, Blairsville GA - with many THPers at the Georgia Outing
Harbor Club Lake, Oconee GA - with THPers KellyBo & Ole Gray
Sea Palms Golf & Tennis Resort, St Simons GA - wth friends
Indian Creek Golf Club, Covington GA - with THPers SethO, KellyBo & Ole Gray
The Creek at Hard Labor, Rutledge GA - with THPers T0AD, SethO, SeeMoreGuy and Ole Gray
Highland Walk at Victoria Bryant, Royston GA - with THPers KellyBo, RxGus, SethO, LittlePingMan and Ole Gray
Tigers Eye Golf Links - Sunset Beach NC - with friends

Those were my favorites for the past year in no real order, it was a blast and I enjoyed each and every round. Nice courses and great people to enjoy them with, unbeatable combination.

Last edited:
last year would have to be kingsbarns then the castle course st andrews and then gleneagles mbaye bay hill. so hard to pick but kingsbarns is truly something else. on a nice day its the best in world at links golf.

My favorite play of 2011 was Kokopelli in Southern Utah. :drool:

Back