Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shotmaker threads.

Tell me about it. Just when I think I'll never have to deal with it again it comes back. I think it's fine that you speak your mind as long as it's respectful.

Too much red tape a lot of times and when push comes to shove its just not worth it and may be time. The coverage varies and many times you dont get what you pay for.

Does your manufacturer offer one? I've looked into several of the non OEM companies, and yes you're correct about the red tape and shenanigans. However the direct Ford warranty is exactly like the original factory warranty depending on what extent you want, powertrain, electrical etc etc...

But new is almost always better, and the internet route is amazing. I bought mine that way, salesman picked me up at the airport in Charlotte with the paperwork, signed it in the terminal and that was it. I'll never buy a car off the lot again. Considerable savings as well.

It ticks me off when some folks think my course is easy. I hit the ball better than average today and shot an 87. This course is not fricking easy!

It ticks me off when some folks think my course is easy. I hit the ball better than average today and shot an 87. This course is not fricking easy!

Its not about people thinking its easy Gray. Those that have not played it, can only base it on yardage and slope....
Plus with all the tower of power you give out, people are going to give you a hard time.

Got a call from a neighbor early this morning, my 7 year old daughter text the neighbor as if my daughter was my wife, text reads:

My daughter Madison: "Hey girl! Is it ok if I send Madison over to play in a few minutes?"
Neighbor text response: "Ok, just give us a minute to get awake and changed"

Then we get the call, "Um, are you sending her down?", my wife "Who?"

.........kids!
I never have to deal with stuff like this! haha

Its not about people thinking its easy Gray. Those that have not played it, can only base it on yardage and slope....
Plus with all the tower of power you give out, people are going to give you a hard time.

It's short but fiesty. Kinda like that kid in school that liked to pop off constantly. Gray your course has a napoleon complex.

It's short but fiesty. Kinda like that kid in school that liked to pop off constantly. Gray your course has a napoleon complex.

Haha that is funny!

haha. Great description of it.

OG, what is your home course?

Okay I got a new laptop so I could play on thp while watching tv. And to mess with my fantasy football while watching games. I'm trying to set it up so I can print thru my network. But I can't get it to work. Makes no sense. Maybe I should just buy a wireless printer too.

haha. Great description of it.

OG, what is your home course?

Lake Jonesco Golf course. It is a short track however it is not easy and will test your driving and putting skills. Especially for those that are not familiar with it. I am trying to think of who has visited our course and broke 90 in the past two years. Not many for sure! Dawgdaddy comes to mind however I have had several better than average golfers come up and not break 90.

Lake Jonesco Golf course. It is a short track however it is not easy and will test your driving and putting skills. Especially for those that are not familiar with it. I am trying to think of who has visited our course and broke 90 in the past two years. Not many for sure! Dawgdaddy comes to mind however I have had several better than average golfers come up and not break 90.

I consider it tougher than the rating for sure, it is very hard for me to get into the 70's over there. I know most would have more trouble with it than they think they would, lots of shots need to be in a certain place for the next shot to be pulled off.

I consider it tougher than the rating for sure, it is very hard for me to get into the 70's over there. I know most would have more trouble with it than they think they would, lots of shots need to be in a certain place for the next shot to be pulled off.

It's funny how folks think a short course is always a piece of cake but not always true huh?

It's funny how folks think a short course is always a piece of cake but not always true huh?

edit: It's funny how I can play Morgan Dairy in Forsyth, Ga. from the back tees at 6700 yds and score better than my home course. I have shot in the 70's both times up there recently. I suppose it's because it is wide open for the most part and you can bang away with your tee shots. The par three holes up there from the tips are all close to 220 however they are not much harder for me than any of our par 3 holes.

It's all about the trouble and the layout, my senior citizen friend. My course plays around 6,100 from the "whites", 6.450 from the "blues". With the doglegs, water, and trees, it's much harder than my last club from 6,550 and 6,900 yards.

Kevin

It's all about the trouble and the layout, my senior citizen friend. My course plays around 6,100 from the "whites", 6.450 from the "blues". With the doglegs, water, and trees, it's much harder than my last club from 6,550 and 6,900 yards.

Kevin

Zing! You hit it on the head Esox :clapp:

Its not the distance OG, not at all. However to be fair, you yourself came to our club and told me right then and there how much harder it was than you were used to.

Its not the distance OG, not at all. However to be fair, you yourself came to our club and told me right then and there how much harder it was than you were used to.

Heck yea and Grand Cypress will kick a ton of butt this year at the outing! It's a pro style course with plenty of trouble, very quick greens, and lot's to consider especially for someone's first trip on that venue :thumb: It's going to be fun to see how the newbies score on this layout for sure!

I will never ever be using Golfsmith again. Ever. On October 17 I ordered a Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid, lefty with a PX 6.0 and a Crossline grip. After multiple calls and emails I finally received my club today! Here is what came in the box. A Nike VR Pro 2 hybrid, RIGHTY with a PX 5.5 shaft and a red Golf Pride grip. I matched up what I ordered with what I got. The only thing they got right was the model of the club. They couldn't even get the dexterity of the club right. I will now demand a refund and never order from Golfsmith again. I guess I'll just wait for next season to get a hybrid. But just wow at Golfsmith. They fail hard.

I will never ever be using Golfsmith again. Ever. On October 17 I ordered a Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid, lefty with a PX 6.0 and a Crossline grip. After multiple calls and emails I finally received my club today! Here is what came in the box. A Nike VR Pro 2 hybrid, RIGHTY with a PX 5.5 shaft and a red Golf Pride grip. I matched up what I ordered with what I got. The only thing they got right was the model of the club. They couldn't even get the dexterity of the club right. I will now demand a refund and never order from Golfsmith again. I guess I'll just wait for next season to get a hybrid. But just wow at Golfsmith. They fail hard.

Thats what you get for standing on the wrong side of the ball :p That does suck though I have had my issues with them in the past but they were really good about correcting things.

Thats what you get for standing on the wrong side of the ball :p That does suck though I have had my issues with them in the past but they were really good about correcting things.

That's good. They were terrible at correcting things for me. I called them after about 2 weeks and I was on hold for an hour then I got this.

That's good. They were terrible at correcting things for me. I called them after about 2 weeks and I was on hold for an hour then I got this.
Sorry about your luck Damaikis. I've always had good luck until this last order...took for freakin' ever to get here. Some of MY employees must be workin' nights over at Golfsmith shipping, this certainly sounds like something they'd do.

Apparently I can't say anything right..cause everytime I do blah blah is right there to say something against it.

Reactions: JB
Apparently I can't say anything right..cause everytime I do blah blah is right there to say something against it.

Roll with it dude

--
tapatalk

Just got a very damning PM from a certain sales rep. I love it when people treat me as if I am not a loyal THP'er.

Just got a very damning PM from a certain sales rep. I love it when people treat me as if I am not a loyal THP'er.

Hahaha. Welcome to the club. Maybe he'll lie to you so you alter your review next!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back