The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to hang out around them for the contact buzz.

I wish you guys could see the Occupy Ash-Vegas people. It's like all the Phish fans decided to do this now that the band doesn't tour anymore.

Man, it's the same thing in Albany. A bunch of hippies that just want something to do...

as someone who works around the capital it's pretty funny to see them all

I love Ash-Vegas! You never know what you find around there.

I love Ash-Vegas! You never know what you find around there.

True that. You might even be in the club, thinking you're making out with a chick, until you find some hardware you aren't interested in. So I hear.

True that. You might even be in the club, thinking you're making out with a chick, until you find some hardware you aren't interested in. So I hear.

You weren't suppose to tell anybody about that!

bwuahahahaha, I did that last night!

SW, do you frequent the citizen-times.com often?

Yep, it's as close as I can get to being back up there. Not a bad paper for content either.

as someone who works around the capital it's pretty funny to see them all

I had a friend that is in a communcations program and he got to interview the, idk, main guy I suppose of the Albany movement. Let's just say he said he was "nucking futs...."

Foltz just interviewed Azahara Munoz at the CME at Grand Cypress, I think she's gotten even more attractive since Solheim Cup. She even listened to his questions and answered them with some personality. Amazing! I knew there was a reason I wanted to move to Orlando...

Foltz just interviewed Azahara Munoz at the CME at Grand Cypress, I think she's gotten even more attractive since Solheim Cup. She even listened to his questions and answered them with some personality. Amazing! I knew there was a reason I wanted to move to Orlando...

She still looked good in that interview but she was hotness during the Cup. Agree on moving to Orlando!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Not posting pics for those types of posts should be illegal.

I've had a rough few days at work, but I'm thinking tomorrow may be a good one to skip out early. 50's are forecasted and I just don't see that happening too many more times this year. Only bad news about tomorrow is it's supposed to be windy. I'm planning on playing Sunday, but it's only supposed to be 43 for a high. Yikes.

Wife is at the OU-Tulsa residency interview now (the dinner last night went VERY well, I was told over and over how great my wife was) and we leave for KC tonight for an interview tomorrow, I took a couple days so now its on the butt playing Skyrim until its time to hit the road, YESSIR!

Make sure to treat yourself to several Boulevard beers and Arthur Bryant's / Jack Stack BBQ while in KC. My wife just signed onto an anesthesia group that practices at a few of the KC area hospitals. Still no timetable for our move there yet, still trying to sell our current house.

Cool, one and maybe two new Kansas Citians!

So I'm contemplating getting an iPad 2 instead of a MacBook. I don't use a laptop for much, so why not? I actually use my iPhone for more internet/media related things than my laptop, so why not an iPad 2?

So I'm contemplating getting an iPad 2 instead of a MacBook. I don't use a laptop for much, so why not? I actually use my iPhone for more internet/media related things than my laptop, so why not an iPad 2?
Do you have the choice of either?

I barely use my iPad tbh. Use my laptop a lot more.

I have the choice of either for my graduation present for college. I already have a laptop, crappy as it is ($300 Toshiba, 4 yrs old). Mine does its job so that's why I was thinking iPad. I already use my phone so much that I have to charge it every night. A tablet would make it that much easier.

I have the choice of either for my graduation present for college. I already have a laptop, crappy as it is ($300 Toshiba, 4 yrs old). Mine does its job so that's why I was thinking iPad. I already use my phone so much that I have to charge it every night. A tablet would make it that much easier.
IMO, for College, go with the Macbook. A tablet has it's place, but a new laptop will be far more useful for school than an iPad would be. PLUS, if you save up some cash, you can get an iPad later next summer for a great price with the "back to school" special Apple has.

IMO, for College, go with the Macbook. A tablet has it's place, but a new laptop will be far more useful for school than an iPad would be. PLUS, if you save up some cash, you can get an iPad later next summer for a great price with the "back to school" special Apple has.
This right here.

I think you'll find the laptop more useful in college.

Extra cash? No. Too much golf and THP stuff, lol. I don't know what the price is on the iPad, but it would have to be really good for me to afford it. Still not sold on the laptop. I have a college-like workload now and still don't use it much, so I could stick with the one I have now. I don't know.

Extra cash? No. Too much golf and THP stuff, lol. I don't know what the price is on the iPad, but it would have to be really good for me to afford it. Still not sold on the laptop. I have a college-like workload now and still don't use it much, so I could stick with the one I have now. I don't know.
Ok, here ya go. If your gift from your folks is a choice between and iPad or a Macbook, why not go Macbook, and then get yourself a cheaper table...Kindle Fire?? $199 and it's great for what you would need out of a tablet.

If someone told me to choose between a Macbook or an iPad, I couldnt say Macbook fast enough. I like my iPad, but if given the option would choose the laptop and find a cheaper tablet to "play" on.

Ok, here ya go. If your gift from your folks is a choice between and iPad or a Macbook, why not go Macbook, and then get yourself a cheaper table...Kindle Fire?? $199 and it's great for what you would need out of a tablet.

If someone told me to choose between a Macbook or an iPad, I couldnt say Macbook fast enough. I like my iPad, but if given the option would choose the laptop and find a cheaper tablet to "play" on.

I was also thinking of going that route. I've been reading the Kindle Fire thread and it sounds really good. Especially for that price. Whatever. It's pretty far away. Maybe something else will have come out by then.

I was also thinking of going that route. I've been reading the Kindle Fire thread and it sounds really good. Especially for that price. Whatever. It's pretty far away. Maybe something else will have come out by then.
True.

I have an iPad through work, and it is quite handy. Corporate said earlier in the week that our Business Office staff will be getting the Kindle Fire for use, and I decided to stop at Best Buy to check them out. Since most everything I use my iPad for is Web based (and a few apps here and there), I can honestly say, I could see myself ditching the iPad for the Fire. I loved the form factor, and the browser was very, very slick. Plus, the Amazon Prime side of things is NICE.

True.

I have an iPad through work, and it is quite handy. Corporate said earlier in the week that our Business Office staff will be getting the Kindle Fire for use, and I decided to stop at Best Buy to check them out. Since most everything I use my iPad for is Web based (and a few apps here and there), I can honestly say, I could see myself ditching the iPad for the Fire. I loved the form factor, and the browser was very, very slick. Plus, the Amazon Prime side of things is NICE.

It really is pretty nice. Excellent tablet for the price. Really great value.

I'm pretty curious for anyone who cares to answer: what do you use your laptop for and how much do you use it? I only use mine to type papers and buy stuff online. Mine gets less than a 1/2 hour of use each day. Most days I don't even use it at all.

It really is pretty nice. Excellent tablet for the price. Really great value.

I'm pretty curious for anyone who cares to answer: what do you use your laptop for and how much do you use it? I only use mine to type papers and buy stuff online. Mine gets less than a 1/2 hour of use each day. Most days I don't even use it at all.

A PC/Laptop was a must for me in college. Typing papers, doing research, and towards the end of my time in College most of our course work was done on a computer (syllabus, calendar, assignments, textbooks, etc). I would imagine that in college these days, having a laptop would be far more beneficial than just an ipad/tablet.

A PC/Laptop was a must for me in college. Typing papers, doing research, and towards the end of my time in College most of our course work was done on a computer (syllabus, calendar, assignments, textbooks, etc). I would imagine that in college these days, having a laptop would be far more beneficial than just an ipad/tablet.

No doubt. I'm just wondering where a MacBook comes in compared to my current laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back