The President's Cup Thread (Spoilers)

Just heard them say that Stricker missed every fairway yesterday. Definitely not leaving TW much to work with. Wish Keegan would have replaced Stricker given the injury.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Hitting quality shots into THOSE greens is next to impossible from off the fairways. SS is hurting the team more than TW, IMO.
But TW better play well today with DJ

Tiger and DJ is like the ultimate party. One brings the ladies, the other brings the blow!
Nice one TC.

Yeah while TW didn't play great Stricker really struggled and when Scott and Choi were playing so well they had to be perfect and I think after that poor start they really pressed and just struggled even worse. It's not all on either one of these guys for sure but people will immediately say TW sucked it up after that whooping.

I see on the website it says the tee times for today have been bought forward 2 hours due to the weather forecast. Finish work in 2 hours then it's an afternoon on the couch :bashful:

Come on internationals!!!

It was bad. I dont think either of them played well at all.

I feel like after that start they were trying to force everything and it just went downhill from there. Personally I thought Stricker was the weak link there which surprised me.

It certainly will be interesting seeing Dustin play alongside Tiger...and there's another interesting little aside to this: Tiger will be of course playing with Dustin's former caddy...

It certainly will be interesting seeing Dustin play alongside Tiger...and there's another interesting little aside to this: Tiger will be of course playing with Dustin's former caddy...

Except DJ and his caddie are both nice guys and don't have a rep for being complete A-holes on the course like Williams did. Dustin was the one that gave the okay for it actually.

Does Mickelson have a brown belt and brown shoes on with black pants? Did I see that right? Does anyone else have that look going? Isn't this wrong? I'm confused.

Lol...was looking down and hear the commentator say "Its drawing from left to right" and I was like wtf? then I realized it was bubba on the tee.

Except DJ and his caddie are both nice guys and don't have a rep for being complete A-holes on the course like Williams did. Dustin was the one that gave the okay for it actually.

Good. I hope these guys kill it out there...I want to see some good golf from Tiger, and I really enjoy seeing Dustin hit the ball a mile...

Good. I hope these guys kill it out there...I want to see some good golf from Tiger, and I really enjoy seeing Dustin hit the ball a mile...

Good start for them so far :)

Go USA!

I think Tigers back.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Nice approach shot from Tiger!!!

Does Mickelson have a brown belt and brown shoes on with black pants? Did I see that right? Does anyone else have that look going? Isn't this wrong? I'm confused.

Just saw him and unless those pants are a dark navy then you are correct. Navy would make more sense than black given its the Presidents Cup but can't tell (I am partially colorblind).

Tappin' from my iPad!

Just saw him and unless those pants are a dark navy then you are correct. Navy would make more sense than black given its the Presidents Cup but can't tell (I am partially colorblind).

Tappin' from my iPad!

They are navy

Tappin' from my iPad!
A closer look and they're dark blue. That is definitely better.

Still can't putt.

What time does coverage go to tonight roughly? I have to watch a movie for english class at 7 and I won't be home until at least 10. Will it still be on then?

Ugghhhh....freaking Tigger. C'mon!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

What time does coverage go to tonight roughly? I have to watch a movie for english class at 7 and I won't be home until at least 10. Will it still be on then?

12:30 EST I believe

Tappin' from my iPad!

Yep. That made that great approach just another shot now. Could have been a big boost for him since he and Strick didn't lead at all in day 1.

Yep, he made a par just like Jason Day did. I don't think DJ is a very good putter either.

I love watching Phil blast his driver. He's going to be a stud this weekend.

our coverage over here is about to start....the bloody live darts delayed it starting by 10mins!!!!not happy at all!!!

right i've been for a sleep since 6pm so i should stay up and manage to watch the whole coverage...hopefully!!!

Yep, he made a par just like Jason Day did. I don't think DJ is a very good putter either.

I love watching Phil blast his driver. He's going to be a stud this weekend.

This could be the thing to watch today. DJ is notoriously a bad putter and TW has really struggled with that the last 2 years. Ironically he is probably still the best ever inside of 15 feet when it mattered, but now is just a shell of that. It will be interesting to see if either of them step up and make the putts needed. We can only hope.

Back