SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

Getting stagnant and repetitive in my testing. Coming up with some new challenges so I can deliver some new info, observations, and data. Gotta keep things fresh, right?

Getting stagnant and repetitive in my testing. Coming up with some new challenges so I can deliver some new info, observations, and data. Gotta keep things fresh, right?

Yes you do. Send them to me

My 54 degree should arrive today. Weather looks decent this weekend so I might be able to get out with it for 2 rounds.

My 54 degree should arrive today. Weather looks decent this weekend so I might be able to get out with it for 2 rounds.
That is awesome! What a sweet win!

That 54* is gonna be VERY versatile for you.

Frank, congrats on the new SCORs !! Let us know how yur doing with them

Shawn - Thanks for the awesome input !! Wonderful information, just wonderful !

That's awesome, sure you can't wait!! Look forward to your thoughts on it

They are on my front porch. I am stuck in traffic. This is not good.

Tapatalk

Looking forward to your thoughts when you get some time in with them mate.

They are on my front porch. I am stuck in traffic. This is not good.

They'll be there when you get home mate. No worries and safe travels eh.

I think I made a good decision. Looks are amazing. Weight feels great on them. That sole inspires some confidence. Can't wait to actually hit them tomorrow.

Tapatalk

Sweet ,now your not going to be able to sleep tonight . Have a great time with them tomorrow.

Maybe ill snuggle up with the 49* tonight

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

Well, a little update on my testing with my SCOR 54*. Due to work and inclement weather, I haven't gotten back out for some practice until today. I did a little chipping with ping pong balls in my den (VERY tight lies), and really felt like I was getting my chipping groove back with the wedge.
I appreciate everyone's input, particular SCORShawn. That's pretty neat to have that type of input here.

So, I did some more chipping off the fringe, and out of some erratic bermuda rough. The results were not great, so I thought maybe I should try chipping with my Callaway X-forged 54* to getter a better idea if my technique is just bad, or if I really am having trouble using the SCOR wedge. I chipped fairly well with my old wedge, so I decided there was only one solution: A CHIP OFF!!!!

I didn't want to overly bias either club, so here were the rules: I started with a 45 foot chip, slightly up hill. I let 10 balls fall randomly in the rough, and chipped first with the SCOR wedge, then gathered up the balls, re-dropped them in the rough, and chipped with my Callaway. Then I putt a little while to make sure the feel for chip distance wasn't ingrained too well. I then repeated the process for a 45 foot, slightly downhill chip. This time I went first with the Calllaway, then used the SCOR.

Sorry to say, the contest wasn't even close. The dispersion patterns with the Callaway wedge were so much tighter than the SCOR that I didn't even need to add up the stats. With the Callaway, first 8/10, then 7/10 chips were within 3 feet of the pin, with my worst shot out of all 20 chips being one I caught a little fat so that it stopped rolling 10 feet from the pin. In fact, with the Callaway all of my misses outside of the 3 foot circle were short. With the SCOR wedge I only managed to get 3/10 and 4/10 within 3 feet. I had some too short, some too long, and also misses that were further left and right than my Callaway produced.

Now, I've owned the Callaway wedges for over a year, so certainly I am more used to chipping with that club. Also, I got my SCOR wedge 1/2" long and 1* upright - to match my irons - whereas the Callaway is standard L/L, but I wouldn't really think that would affect chipping that much. My biggest concern was the wide dispersion in distance. I was trying to use a fairly consistent swing length and speed, but I just couldn't develop any feel for how far the ball would go off the SCOR wedge. One swing would pop off the face and roll a good 8 feet past the cup, and the next chip would be a little thin and not have enough distance on it. This is the exact opposite of what I see on larger shots with the SCOR wedge, where the ball seems to go the same distance no matter where it hits on the face.

So, I think the club lacks feel on full shots, and on chips. I LOVE the club out of the sand, and I also find it very satisfying on pitch shots requiring less than a full swing.

I don't have to make up my mind for a few weeks, so the club is going to stay in my bag a while. Fortunately, I don't really chip very much with my 54*, preferring to use either the 58* or the 50*. But, it is something I will have to keep in mind when deciding whether to order more clubs. Honestly, if I had to decide today, the SCOR wedges would not be for me.

The good news is, I don't have to decide yet. It may be time for me to go back to the short course I described in another post, and have a WEDGE OFF, where the SCOR Wedge and my Callaway go head-to-head for 9 holes!!!

Last edited:
Found one of those golf club boxes on my porch when I came home today. It was this beautiful 54 SCOR wedge.

ef8582fd.jpg

c54950c7.jpg

92c65c8f.jpg

I am really excited to get this out on the course this weekend. First impressions, man this is a beautiful looking wedge. The V Sole technology sure is interesting and it was the first thing I looked for when opening the box. Looks great at setup, seems to have a compact head. I asked for a graphite shaft so it came equipped with a Genius 9 shaft. Love the looks of it. The grip is a form of the mutlicompound grip.

DD-- Nice way to start the weekend, enjoy!!

I think I made a good decision. Looks are amazing. Weight feels great on them. That sole inspires some confidence. Can't wait to actually hit them tomorrow.

Tapatalk

Glad to hear they arrived Frank. Hope they are as good to you as they have been to me.

Well, a little update on my testing with my SCOR 54*. Due to work and inclement weather, I haven't gotten back out for some practice until today. I did a little chipping with ping pong balls in my den (VERY tight lies), and really felt like I was getting my chipping groove back with the wedge.
I appreciate everyone's input, particular SCORShawn. That's pretty neat to have that type of input here.

So, I did some more chipping off the fringe, and out of some erratic bermuda rough. The results were not great, so I thought maybe I should try chipping with my Callaway X-forged 54* to getter a better idea if my technique is just bad, or if I really am having trouble using the SCOR wedge. I chipped fairly well with my old wedge, so I decided there was only one solution: A CHIP OFF!!!!

I didn't want to overly bias either club, so here were the rules: I started with a 45 foot chip, slightly up hill. I let 10 balls fall randomly in the rough, and chipped first with the SCOR wedge, then gathered up the balls, re-dropped them in the rough, and chipped with my Callaway. Then I putt a little while to make sure the feel for chip distance wasn't ingrained too well. I then repeated the process for a 45 foot, slightly downhill chip. This time I went first with the Calllaway, then used the SCOR.

Sorry to say, the contest wasn't even close. The dispersion patterns with the Callaway wedge were so much tighter than the SCOR that I didn't even need to add up the stats. With the Callaway, first 8/10, then 7/10 chips were within 3 feet of the pin, with my worst shot out of all 20 chips being one I caught a little fat so that it stopped rolling 10 feet from the pin. In fact, with the Callaway all of my misses outside of the 3 foot circle were short. With the SCOR wedge I only managed to get 3/10 and 4/10 within 3 feet. I had some too short, some too long, and also misses that were further left and right than my Callaway produced.

Now, I've owned the Callaway wedges for over a year, so certainly I am more used to chipping with that club. Also, I got my SCOR wedge 1/2" long and 1* upright - to match my irons - whereas the Callaway is standard L/L, but I wouldn't really think that would affect chipping that much. My biggest concern was the wide dispersion in distance. I was trying to use a fairly consistent swing length and speed, but I just couldn't develop any feel for how far the ball would go off the SCOR wedge. One swing would pop off the face and roll a good 8 feet past the cup, and the next chip would be a little thin and not have enough distance on it. This is the exact opposite of what I see on larger shots with the SCOR wedge, where the ball seems to go the same distance no matter where it hits on the face.

So, I think the club lacks feel on full shots, and on chips. I LOVE the club out of the sand, and I also find it very satisfying on pitch shots requiring less than a full swing.

I don't have to make up my mind for a few weeks, so the club is going to stay in my bag a while. Fortunately, I don't really chip very much with my 54*, preferring to use either the 58* or the 50*. But, it is something I will have to keep in mind when deciding whether to order more clubs. Honestly, if I had to decide today, the SCOR wedges would not be for me.

The good news is, I don't have to decide yet. It may be time for me to go back to the short course I described in another post, and have a WEDGE OFF, where the SCOR Wedge and my Callaway go head-to-head for 9 holes!!!

Thanks for the feedback, Rusty. Glad to hear you and the Cally get along so well. Keep us informed on your progress. My experiences with the SCORs has been completely different than yours around the green, vids in here show that. Appreciate your honesty that these may not suit your game.

Found one of those golf club boxes on my porch when I came home today. It was this beautiful 54 SCOR wedge.

ef8582fd.jpg

c54950c7.jpg

92c65c8f.jpg

I am really excited to get this out on the course this weekend. First impressions, man this is a beautiful looking wedge. The V Sole technology sure is interesting and it was the first thing I looked for when opening the box. Looks great at setup, seems to have a compact head. I asked for a graphite shaft so it came equipped with a Genius 9 shaft. Love the looks of it. The grip is a form of the mutlicompound grip.

Nice ddec. That graphite shaft is a looker. Let us know how it hits for ya!

Guys I am so EXCITED! Just found out I won a Scor4161 in the facebook giveaway, I will def be adding my thoughts once I get it and get some range/course time in. Thanks Scor Golf!

WTG TBT! I'm sure you'll love it!

Guys I am so EXCITED! Just found out I won a Scor4161 in the facebook giveaway, I will def be adding my thoughts once I get it and get some range/course time in. Thanks Scor Golf!

Congrats buddy! Glad to see these getting into the hands of more THP'ers.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Wow, congrats!

Congrats!

Thanks for the feedback, Rusty. Glad to hear you and the Cally get along so well. Keep us informed on your progress.

Well, to be clear, the Callaways are not exactly my dream wedges, either. I really struggle with them in greenside bunkers, and they are not very forgiving on mishits. I'm looking for replacements, which is why I'm trying out the SCOR wedges in the first place.

I haven't seen too much written about the 61º. I've never shaken hands with my Vokey 60º (but my 64 I play well). I'm especially interested in short uphill chips to a close pin. What sort of spin can this club create?

Back