Show Off Your Putter Collection

From my Mills collecting and refinishing days. Most of the Mills and Spaldings designed by Truett Mills in the front row were restored by me over a couple of winter.

coll12.jpg

collection8.jpg

That one is the original from Scottsdale. No Anser's older than that one.

Another nice putter! That looks very old as well!

Wife got me my first "collector" putter today for our 10 year anniversary!

It is a Bettinardi Proto Box Car. The rest of the afternoon will be spent rolling this around the living room.

Spoiler

DSC04224.jpg

DSC04225.jpg

DSC04226.jpg

DSC04227.jpg

DSC04228.jpg

Wife got me my first "collector" putter today for our 10 year anniversary!

It is a Bettinardi Proto Box Car. The rest of the afternoon will be spent rolling this around the living room.

Spoiler

DSC04224.jpg

DSC04225.jpg

DSC04226.jpg

DSC04227.jpg

DSC04228.jpg

That sir, is gorgeous! One of my favorites out there, congrats on the slim flatsick, but more importantly on 10 years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sir, is gorgeous! One of my favorites out there, congrats on the slim flatsick, but more importantly on 10 years!

Thanks Jman. This short and smallish mallet is my favorite style. I would prefer a slot car but I am not complaining. I got very lucky as the Mrs. puts up with my golf addiction even though she is not a golfer herself and the 10 years has went by too fast.

Thanks Jman. This short and smallish mallet is my favorite style. I would prefer a slot car but I am not complaining. I got very lucky as the Mrs. puts up with my golf addiction even though she is not a golfer herself and the 10 years has went by too fast.

I'm with you on the mid-malletish size, truly my fits my eye the best...and the Mrs. that puts up with the addiction part too, it's a blessing! hehe

Here is my Cameron 1st of 500 California Coronado.

Calf_Coronado002.jpg

My first pre-Titleist Scotty Cameron.

M200-1.jpg

M200-3.jpg

M200-a1.jpg

M200-2.jpg

M200-5.jpg

Very nice HG, thanks for the pic's.

Yeah would never spend that much on a club.....

From my Mills collecting and refinishing days. Most of the Mills and Spaldings designed by Truett Mills in the front row were restored by me over a couple of winter.

coll12.jpg

collection8.jpg

I love the look of the heel shafted putters. It's wierd, but the simplicity of it seems to help my putting. Normally I'm the technology-wanting 28 yr old, but right now I'm putting with an Arnold Palmer "the Original"..... and it feels great. Nice collection Hoosier!

I love the look of the heel shafted putters. It's wierd, but the simplicity of it seems to help my putting. Normally I'm the technology-wanting 28 yr old, but right now I'm putting with an Arnold Palmer "the Original"..... and it feels great. Nice collection Hoosier!

TY! I putted for years with a heel shafted blade. I putted well with one for years, but I seem to have lost the touch with that style now days. The trick to the old ones, like your AP, was that the sweet spot was not in the center, but more towards the heel. I've still got a AP. Mine is copper plated. I'll post some pic's.

Last edited:
My copper plated Arnold Palmer. Gamed this one for years.

AP2.jpg

AP1.jpg

AP3.jpg

AP4.jpg

My "old school" TP Mills one by David Mills. Great putter. We can thank Truett Mills for this style. He was the inventor.

MillsOne1.jpg

MillsOne3.jpg

MillsOne2.jpg

Here is another version of the Mills "one". Long neck with a pencil shaft.

MillsOne21.jpg

MillsOne22.jpg

Here is even yet another variation of the Mills "one". This one is very short like the Spalding versions. It is thought that this one may be a prototype or a Japanese version of the Spaldings. Either way it is a nice really old putter. The production versions sold here in the US did not have ferrules.

MillsOne31.jpg

MillsOne32.jpg

MillsOne33.jpg

Here is a great old, I'm guessing early to mid seventies Tad Moore. Notice the mis-stamp. I thought about having this one restored by Tad, but it would just be the same all nice and pretty. Much better left as it is I think. This was Tad's version of the Mills "one".

tm.jpg

Those are all gorgeous. That copper plated Palmer looks awesome! Dark finishes on these styles look really great too (i'll bet that "old school" mills gets a lot of attention).

MORE PICS PLEASE!

Kind of did this off the cuff yesterday as i'm thinking about selling these two putters. My Nead handmade is a 1 of 1 that I had made over the winter. The video does it zero justice and I kept saying brass, but the face of this putter is bronze. Also, the grip is a GripMaster stitchback. The other putter is my SlotLine and is actually the best putter I had ever used until the SeeMore came along with its center shaft. This one does have a brass insert and has a nice firm or crisp feel. I love both and like to show them off once in a while, so here goes.

[YOUTUBE]c5MM8WSkAM4[/YOUTUBE]

Some very nice putters, thanks for showing.

Kind of did this off the cuff yesterday as i'm thinking about selling these two putters. My Nead handmade is a 1 of 1 that I had made over the winter. The video does it zero justice and I kept saying brass, but the face of this putter is bronze. Also, the grip is a GripMaster stitchback. The other putter is my SlotLine and is actually the best putter I had ever used until the SeeMore came along with its center shaft. This one does have a brass insert and has a nice firm or crisp feel. I love both and like to show them off once in a while, so here goes.

[YOUTUBE]c5MM8WSkAM4[/YOUTUBE]

Very nice my friend! I love it!

Don't knee jerk about getting rid of the Nead though Duey, it'll always be your first custom and there something very cool to be said for that.

Thanks Jman, I know what you mean but cash is king, lol. I sure won't give it away and may not sell at all. The silly thing was lights out on the few holes I played yesterday.

Back