Future of Product Testing on THP

I don't even know what to say anymore, this is sad.

I don't even know what to say anymore, this is sad.
Exactly what I was thinking, quite sad that this thread keeps coming up, and the issue is still ongoing.

I'm going to try and make this my final post in here but I think I've said that a few times already lol. I support whatever decision THP makes for the future of this fantastic site. I was part of a bit of a clusterf... in the Nike testing and it just left a sour taste in my mouth. Makes you feel crummy that the testing doesn't go as well as was hoped. I learned from it though and I think it's made me a better tester. But if this site goes to official THP testers only, I completely support that. I've taken so much more from this site then I can ever pay back. Quite a few people on this site I consider friends and that is something that is priceless. I enjoy testing but I'm here for much more than that.

Bad apples suck!

Exactly what I was thinking, quite sad that this thread keeps coming up, and the issue is still ongoing.

As much as I hate to say it, something about forum testing clearly needs to be changed. I haven't been here all that long and this thread seems to keep coming back. Whether it is getting rid of forum testing all together or making a change, I think we can agree something should be done so THP and the reputation it has built don't get hurt any more. It sucks to say that, but it's necessary.

I clearly missed the who and what product this is about. So someone feel free to pm it to me.

Something about this needs to change though.

Well I don't know what brought this thread back from the archives but the fact that it's back... shameful. I will say that it enlightened me on products like Hirzl and the B-330 RX. Even though I've decided on Penta TP... for those that use it for what it is intended it's a valuable resource.

Alex

There was no mention of a who or what.

Some of our last few forum testings have involved me on multiple occasions having to reach out to people to find out where they are. People going 2-3 weeks in between posts and/or vanishing altogether. I know life gets in the why a lot, and completely respect that, but if that is the case, when we contact someone about it, do the right thing and either get back to it, or return the equipment.

I know people like free things, and we love to be able to oblige, but between people getting angry that they are not selected, or multiple sets of irons, drivers, etc going missing it is becoming harder and harder to continue to do this. Im not pointing any fingers and do not want people to take it that way. The people that have been contacted, know what they have to do, but it is getting very hard to convey to companies "it was a one time thing and won't happen again".

We try to make it easy on everybody and reach out to them via PM first. We hope they respond and correct things, but if they don't, it can become an issue. People need to know that when they get contacted by us via PM, it is because we have been contacted by someone either at the company supporting the testing, the PR company, or marketing company. That means that they are seeing the lack of productivity and would like to know where they stand.

Again I want to reiterate that we completely understand that life can get in the way and everybody gets too busy from time to time. Just remember that if that is the case, and you hear from us, please get back to us so we have some kind of communication. Thanks for listening.

Interesting. Just popped up like dandelions... which btw aren't so dandy in my books. Just sayin'

Alex

It popped up because I made the post above.

I am very disappointed that this thread keeps coming back to life and won't go away. I wish people would take the responsibility of testing product with the seriousness it deserves.

JB,

I have no ideas to make the testing process better that have not been said many times already by other people who are smarter than me.

All I can say is, I'm sorry. Forum members are taking advantage of the benefits of being a member. In the process, they are affecting your career and livelihood. Even though I know I am not personally one of those testers who have stolen from you, I am a forum member and the actions of an awful few affect the great majority.

Again JB, I have loved and was honored to spend time with the B330-RX and the Rescue 11 (so much so that I bought 2 more).

I am very honored to have been a part of something so fantastic.

Blu

Im not going to pile on any more and I am not sure others need to either. My post summed up what was transpiring and it was made because we have been receiving a few messages with people asking when the next testing would take place. As I said, Im not here to point fingers or call someone a bad person or say they are stealing from me (Its not my equipment). Things come up in life and we understand that, but communication is king and regardless of anything going on, its not hard to send a quick message to someone letting them know that the free equipment received will continue to be tested or will be sent back...Especially considering messages have been sent. This is not on a single person, as we have sent multiple messages to a few people and just a couple to a few more. If you receive one, do us the courtesy and at least respond, we dont think that is too much to ask for.

Im not going to pile on any more and I am not sure others need to either. My post summed up what was transpiring and it was made because we have been receiving a few messages with people asking when the next testing would take place. As I said, Im not here to point fingers or call someone a bad person or say they are stealing from me (Its not my equipment). Things come up in life and we understand that, but communication is king and regardless of anything going on, its not hard to send a quick message to someone letting them know that the free equipment received will continue to be tested or will be sent back...Especially considering messages have been sent. This is not on a single person, as we have sent multiple messages to a few people and just a couple to a few more. If you receive one, do us the courtesy and at least respond, we dont think that is too much to ask for.

Takes character to stand up and say, "Hey guys, I tried, but it's just not working out," and send the stuff back. In my mind that's the kind of member I would have huge respect for here on the forums. Like you say JB, communication is really all it takes. Can't stop a thief from being a thief, but I bet some of them fell behind, feel guilty, and shut down. I'll back any tester that returns gear or communicates that they are behind and will catch up. We're good people here with lives outside golf and I bet 99% of us would have empathy for a tester that comes forward and does what's right.

Takes character to stand up and say, "Hey guys, I tried, but it's just not working out," and send the stuff back. In my mind that's the kind of member I would have huge respect for here on the forums. Like you say JB, communication is really all it takes. Can't stop a thief from being a thief, but I bet some of them fell behind, feel guilty, and shut down. I'll back any tester that returns gear or communicates that they are behind and will catch up. We're good people here with lives outside golf and I bet 99% of us would have empathy for a tester that comes forward and does what's right.

Me too.

I think it sucks that you even had to write this, maybe the future should include credit card numbers with a shipping charge just to make sure the card is legit (with an electronic disclosure agreed by all parties), then if it disappears charge for the cost of the equipment. Growth opens the door to some buggery doesn't it.

My first thought was the above idea. Everything you rent has a deposit. Why not make this the same thing. If you can't contribute you have to pay for it or return it.

As a new member I love the testing threads. The only problem is it makes me want to buy more stuff. Please don't lose this great resource for honest reviews by a variety of skill levels.

It's a sad sad thing that it should even have to be asked for people to respond to messages from staff of the site. It should never have to come to that with the testing. It's such an honor to be able to test anything for the site, and truly something that should be taken very seriously. I really appreciate all this site does and having the testings by other regular golfers is such a great thing. I hope that all testers realize what a great position they are to help other golfers, and the site, and respect the commitment that it takes to test for the site.

I am one of those who are guilty of falling behind with my PureShot Driver testing. I PMed JB, but I want to apologize to all my fellow forum members as well. I don't expect anyone else to take testing lightly so I shouldn't expect any less of myself. For any of you who may be following along in that thread I am sorry for letting you down and I am recommitting to my duties and will be posting some updated thoughts soon.

I am one of those who are guilty of falling behind with my PureShot Driver testing. I PMed JB, but I want to apologize to all my fellow forum members as well. I don't expect anyone else to take testing lightly so I shouldn't expect any less of myself. For any of you who may be following along in that thread I am sorry for letting you down and I am recommitting to my duties and will be posting some updated thoughts soon.

Rep added. You're good w me IN, no questions asked.

Take ownership, improve and move on.

The fact this thread keeps coming up just proves more need to take care of their responsibilities and that means making hard, honest decisions.

That's the way it should be. Looking forward to taking my turn in the testing process. I know that I've been blessed to be able to play with two sets from Adams already - so anything else I can help out with as well as seeing how others are enjoying the new products will be a bonus! JB I just think I need to spend more time finding out what's been happening here - I've missed being a part of the dicussions for a while now. I'm back and hungry to see what is going on here now!

I'll add my voice to the chorus and express my hope that the slackers stop slacking, and if anyone has fallen behind on testing due to the trials and tribulations of life, I hope everything works out for the best.

It may be obvious to most of us, but it may be worth stating: Some careful thought needs to be put into signing up for testing - it is a commitment, and I wonder if some THPers are signing up without thinking carefully about how much time they can realistically devote to it. I think it would be cool to test something for THP, but I will not be signing up any time soon because I don't even have a vague idea about how much time I will have.

I certainly hope something can be worked out and that the future of testing is not in serious jeopardy - I've been reading many of the the testing threads recently and I'm finding them to be quite informative. I'd definitely like to see more!

I'll add my voice to the chorus and express my hope that the slackers stop slacking, and if anyone has fallen behind on testing due to the trials and tribulations of life, I hope everything works out for the best.

It may be obvious to most of us, but it may be worth stating: Some careful thought needs to be put into signing up for testing - it is a commitment, and I wonder if some THPers are signing up without thinking carefully about how much time they can realistically devote to it. I think it would be cool to test something for THP, but I will not be signing up any time soon because I don't even have a vague idea about how much time I will have.

I certainly hope something can be worked out and that the future of testing is not in serious jeopardy - I've been reading many of the the testing threads recently and I'm finding them to be quite informative. I'd definitely like to see more!

Nice post, and I agree with the bolded part. What people tend to forget, is that when you signup to test/review something, it is to test/review it. Not just put it in your bag and play it when you go to the course. Testing/Reviewing takes a lot of work, and it should mean extra trips to the course and range to get solid information to share to the rest of THP. I know for me personally, and many others, it means setting up a testing plan, and hitting the range and course with specific practice/rounds in mind, with the sole purpose being to get information that can be shared here.

Back