Titleist Introducing Yellow Golf Balls?

They would be crazy not too. I think they see that the B330RX in yellow has sold well. That shows that there is a market for a premium yellow ball

I dont play ProV's so painting them yellow wont change my mind

I play the ProV1x pretty well actually, so I can't wait till people start losing these around the course. I wouldn't ever spring 50 bucks for them, but if they are just going to leave them there...

Agreed too Jman (not sure why it didnt copy) but I'm not looking forward to any campaign they if they do have one.

I'm sure it will be an amazing story much like scooter's fabrications about putter designs he jacks form other people, some mystic happening lol

I have been playing the Srixon Yellow Z stars and the Vision Yellows most of the last year. I really like the color, easy to see in the air, and easier to find in the long grasses. I am the only guy who playes the yellows in my golfing circle so I really like the unique nature of the yellow balls. I am surprised a more tradional style company is going in this direction and while I like it, I am afraid yellow may become more popular and it will lose the unique status which is part of the reason I like the color.

I'm sure it will be an amazing story much like scooter's fabrications about putter designs he jacks form other people, some mystic happening lol

I'm sure they'll talkabout how they had the patent for Super Optimized Ocean Yellow before any other company and how mother and son used these ball for the past 34 years.

sure why not, everyone else is doing it!

I'm sure they'll talkabout how they had the patent for Super Optimized Ocean Yellow before any other company and how mother and son used these ball for the past 34 years.
BAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! I do love me some Optimized Ocean Yellow though....

I think it's a great idea. A lot of people are realizing the benefits of a yellow ball so the more options the better.

I agree with you but do you think their mindset is that they can afford to be because they're Titlelist so they can catch up at any point? Let others try new products or schemes first and if it fails then no skin off their back but if it hits then its only a temporary loss of time/marketshare? they have a pretty sizable chunk of the ball market share already and have a successful line of wedges no to mention a large slice of the accessory pie (gloves, hats, shoes) as well? so missing the boat on some things may not be as disastrous to them as it would be for other co's?

I never thought they would do it. I like the yellow balls personally and am glad to see it, because its a good golf ball. It just seems that despite all of the incredible stuff they have come out with recently, they are always just a tad behind. Just my personal opinion. I still go back to them saying "the wound ball is not dead". Innovation is what makes some things stand out for me.

However could you imagine if they got their staff to use them on tour? Just like the white drivers, it would be everywhere.

New slogan for them.....'Titleist...the #1 Super Optimized Ocean Yellow ball in golf'

and plenty of people will buy the yellow ball just cause of the name on it

I agree with you but do you think their mindset is that they can afford to be because they're Titlelist so they can catch up at any point? Let others try new products or schemes first and if it fails then no skin off their back but if it hits then its only a temporary loss of time/marketshare? they have a pretty sizable chunk of the ball market share already and have a successful line of wedges no to mention a large slice of the accessory pie (gloves, hats, shoes) as well? so missing the boat on some things may not be as disastrous to them as it would be for other co's?

You are exactly right. With the marketshare number that they have, they can let others take chances that they do not have to take. Certainly they innovate, they have made good golf balls for a long time that are marketed extremely well to become the monster that they are. Only recently have we seen some of those numbers fall and other companies like Bridgestone, TaylorMade and Srixon move up. Ironically, all 3 of them have come up with innovation. TaylorMade with 5 layers, Srixon with yellow and Bridgestone with fitting. Now we have seen Titleist do "fitting" and soon it appears the yellow golf ball.

The whole thing is fascinating to me from a business perspective.

You are exactly right. With the marketshare number that they have, they can let others take chances that they do not have to take

Known to some as 'Microsofting' :D

You are exactly right. With the marketshare number that they have, they can let others take chances that they do not have to take. Certainly they innovate, they have made good golf balls for a long time that are marketed extremely well to become the monster that they are. Only recently have we seen some of those numbers fall and other companies like Bridgestone, TaylorMade and Srixon move up. Ironically, all 3 of them have come up with innovation. TaylorMade with 5 layers, Srixon with yellow and Bridgestone with fitting. Now we have seen Titleist do "fitting" and soon it appears the yellow golf ball.

It really is, and honestly can anyone blame them? It's just something that they can afford to do. They certainly have the fan base to keep something like this going too. Should be real interesting and I'm curious as to what line of balls it will be (hopefully I didnt skim).

I think it's good to see Titleist getting in to the yellow ball market. I think that it will take off for them like it did for Srixon and even Bridgestone. Now we shall see if that's a new type of golf ball because they said "prototype". If it is just the Pro V1 or V1x in yellow, it isn't terribly different.

Google images would never lie to us........ would they ???? :D

dtsoloyellow.gif

If I was a betting man, and I am not, but if I were, I would wager that it will not be the tour level ball. I would expect both NXT Tour and another ball to be available in yellow.

Google images would never lie to us........ would they ???? :D

dtsoloyellow.gif

Fabricated or not its a good find. I think its time they had different colors for each season, blue would be in right now!

Yellow golf balls arent my cup of tea but glad to see Titleist jump on the bandwagon.

+1 Most co's that big like to show off by bringing innovation etc to the table but Titleist seems to be willing to let others lead and then they follow with either a better mousetrap or their own version which is the same but 'beter' because its Titleist

I am sure Titleist sees the success first Bridgestone and then Srixon had and is having with different colored golf balls and they want to get in the game as well. I think those who are loyal to Titleist and have noticed the different colored balls weight check them out. I think others, like myself who have their loyalties to other companies will probably stay with those other companies.

I'm a bit disappointed. I like playing a yellow ball not only because it is easier to see, but also because I'm usually the only one in the foursome with a yellow ball. Driving up the fairway to see three white balls and one yellow makes it a cinch knowing which one is mine.

If everyone switches to yellow, I won't be "special" anymore.:sad:

Yellow golf balls arent my cup of tea but glad to see Titleist jump on the bandwagon.

I'm guessing this is why Titleist lagged behind producing these. Companies as market share aware as this watch their brand very closely and yellow took a long time to develope credibility. Its still not there completely, my guess, but has enough traction to gain converts with the name brand.

With the success that Srixon and Bridgestone have had with yellow balls, I think they felt they needed to.

Somebody needs to imbed a GPS chip in balls so you could track them on a smart phone!!

Back