The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of guys we played with last week pulled a good one on a buddy. They clipped this to his bag, http://www.amazon.com/Whistle-Key-Finder/dp/B000ACK080 and would whistle every time he would set up to hit. He didnt notice until after the 11th or 12th hole. The guy was getting so pissed, he thought it was someones cell phone. I started to feel kind of bad but he laughed after he found it. The thing chirps for like 30 seconds.

A couple of guys we played with last week pulled a good one on a buddy. They clipped this to his bag, http://www.amazon.com/Whistle-Key-Finder/dp/B000ACK080 and would whistle every time he would set up to hit. He didnt notice until after the 11th or 12th hole. The guy was getting so pissed, he thought it was someones cell phone. I started to feel kind of bad but he laughed after he found it. The thing chirps for like 30 seconds.

LOL thats rich! i laughed out loud a little not gunna lie. Best i've done wasn't on a golf course and that was taping the hose attachemnt to my sink tight so when anyone in my family would turn on the sink they'd get sprayed from the hose. Got my whole family and the greatest is my mom forgot and fell for it a second time. Talk about an accomplished april fools

Claire :love:s her Nokians.
:snowman:

Fixed if for ya!
Spoiler
Including that annoying and unnecessary apostrophe!

Had another blast of show and ice this weekend--thanks again, Harry.

Has anyone else noticed that the annoying Shamwow guy is now selling the Chop Slap. What the heck is this thing? He makes everything look vile. Im not a violent man, but if I ever see that guy I might have to punch him.

Has anyone else noticed that the annoying Shamwow guy is now selling the Chop Slap. What the heck is this thing? He makes everything look vile. Im not a violent man, but if I ever see that guy I might have to punch him.

It's weird to me that these infomercial guys cross over...like Billy Mays will endorse anything...but he's only famous for endorsing things? Bizarre!

Billy Mays is actually a funny guy. He was on a morning radio show here a couple of months ago. I think he said he is the distributer of the products he sells.

Billy Mays is one of our neighbors. We see him almost every morning at Starbucks. Super nice guy.

I think I need to start a stupid infomercial thread. Ill wait until I see the next brilliant one.

Billy Mays is one of our neighbors. We see him almost every morning at Starbucks. Super nice guy.

Any chance you can get him to stop yelling at me? :at-wits-end:

I think I need to start a stupid infomercial thread. Ill wait until I see the next brilliant one.

I like the one for the towel "the shamwow" or something like that... holds up to 100000% more liquid then a paper towel! also, he has a sweet headset on for some reason!

edit: found the stupid picture

2527099632_bfa97fe0e3.jpg

It's been said that Billy Mays' tears cure cancer, its a shame he never cries...

billymays1-small.jpg

Forget Obama...

billy_4_prez.jpg

I like the one for the towel "the shamwow" or something like that... holds up to 100000% more liquid then a paper towel! also, he has a sweet headset on for some reason!

edit: found the stupid picture

2527099632_bfa97fe0e3.jpg

I have nightmares about that guy.

I gotta question, why do you guys watch the infomercials? If I'm flipping channels I don't even stop long enough to figure out what they are hawking.

I gotta question, why do you guys watch the infomercials? If I'm flipping channels I don't even stop long enough to figure out what they are hawking.

When I was a kid I would watch the half hour ones. How could you just flip through the Snuggie commercial? That thing is always good for a laugh.

Me too Gasman. THe spanik vertical roaster, DD7, and all the other great products brought to you by the guy with glasses and a sweater. Forget his name now.

I think the only infomercial I've ever watched was for Soloflex. Now I really don't watch too many regular commercials, usually pause whatever show I'm watching and ff through the commercials. Thank God for DVR

Me too Gasman. THe spanik vertical roaster, DD7, and all the other great products brought to you by the guy with glasses and a sweater. Forget his name now.

Are you taliking about the "just set it and forget it"?

No, that is the rotisserie. This was a contraption that held a chicken vertically. Kind of a joke. DD7 could apparently take any stains out.

If I hadn't watched the TORX infomercial I never would have gotten a weed eater I could actually use! All the other ones worked fine until I had to feed more line through or refill the line. I was weed eater challenged. Couln't use them! This one is the Shiznit, as long as you keep up with it and don't let it get out of control.

Normally, I don't watch them, I just happened to be bored one day.

Finally, they have combined two things that all Men need.
beefamato.jpg

when nothing is on its a form of comedy... also love watching QVC and listening to the people who call in and talk about what they are buying

people just love crap

The last infomercial I watched cost me $70 for something we thought we'd use but just don't use it. :roll: BTW we waited until the end to see how much "free" stuff they would give us. Not enough in my opinion. :angry:

mom bought a magic bullet... works really, really well but is something you'll just never use.

perfect if you live alone though

mom bought a magic bullet... works really, really well but is something you'll just never use.

perfect if you live alone though

We bought the GT 101 Express or something like that. It's a generic George Forman grill. We found it at Target for $30 like 2 months after we ordered it. We've used it a couple times but not enough to warrent buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back