And you think YOU text a lot?

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I saw this.

I loved how they banned her from texting..."after dinner". Seriously? Way to bring down the parental hammer!

If that were my daughter, Id be taking away her cell phone or at least disabling text messaging. The fact that she texted her friend who was sitting right next to her is nuts.

If that were my daughter, Id be taking away her cell phone or at least disabling text messaging. The fact that she texted her friend who was sitting right next to her is nuts.

I'm not making excuses for her but I have to admit I have done this as a form of whispering....telling one person something I do not want the crowd to hear. My fiance on the other hand just screams in German, which I don't understand...not sure how she expects me to pick it up if she only speaks it when she's mad at me.

I don't text that much, but I text quite a bit. My best guess would be I text about a third as much as she does. Granted I don't text during school much, or else I think I may be pretty close.

when Rachel and I first met I had an allowance of 250 text messages and I ended up with roughly 2300 messages that month... cost me a couple hundred bucks, I was pissed

WOW! I only get around 2,500.

Only? OMG!

I send and receive combined 100 in a month. And that's a busy month! Most of those are in a row (going on, for me, a texting frenzy). Most of my texts are from T-Mobile and The Dog Whisperer (don't ask, I signed up when I started watching that show and haven't cancelled the messages! It always texts me at 3:00 Firday afternoon though, so it's like an alarm clock that my workweek is almost over!).

Only? OMG!

I send and receive combined 100 in a month. And that's a busy month! Most of those are in a row (going on, for me, a texting frenzy). Most of my texts are from T-Mobile and The Dog Whisperer (don't ask, I signed up when I started watching that show and haven't cancelled the messages! It always texts me at 3:00 Firday afternoon though, so it's like an alarm clock that my workweek is almost over!).

I'm sure you dial in minutes on calls though small. I barely call people. Maybe around 75 minutes a month.

I was at the mall one Friday night and all the little kiddies were there hanging out. My wife and I were sitting at a table having dinner and this group (total of 3) of kids sat beside us. It was 3 girls. They were all chatting and texting other people. One of the girls (i'm guessing the "loser" of the little cliche) said "I'm so bored. I don't have anyone to text. I only text you two and you're both right here." I just looked at my wife smiled and laughed. I remember being young, but man I'm glad I had more to do with my friends then send a text message too. We actually went out and hung out instead of texting eachother.

I'm sure you dial in minutes on calls though small. I barely call people. Maybe around 75 minutes a month.

I'm just teasing you Dent. If I had had a cell phone when I was younger, I might have been the one with 14,000 text messages!

I have 1,000 minutes prime time in my plan. I use about 300 a month, mostly for work.

Wow. That'd drive me bonkers. I get maybe 1 or 2 a month, I don't really like them very much.

I'd rather talk to someone, or send them an email.

I`m with you Gummi, I have probably sent about 10;IN MY LIFE!!!!! As fast as I text I could drive to their house and talk to them.

We both txt a lot. When you are on the phone all day for work, making a call when you are home is not fun. A quick message works great.

We both txt a lot. When you are on the phone all day for work, making a call when you are home is not fun. A quick message works great.

But 14,000 of them in a month??

No, but on our family plan, we have hit 5000 easily. Even 6500 one month. You get in a converation and the next thing you know, its 100 texts

Arguments are so much more cruel and vindictive. You can say worse things than you would in person since you don't have to see their face, and you can say it faster since you don't have to get to a computer - don't even have to think about it!

Wow. That'd drive me bonkers. I get maybe 1 or 2 a month, I don't really like them very much.

I'd rather talk to someone, or send them an email.
Same here. My last 2 girlfriends used to text me all the time and it got kind of annoying after a while.
Id much prefer someone just call me instead of sending me a text.
Just think of all the extra money that the wireless companies are making off of text messaging...

Just like JB said, I am on the phone ALL day at work so once I am the last thing I want to do is talk to anyone else on the phone. Plus if I have a quick something to say to someone it's so much easier to text, especially if I am at work and I can't really talk....I can just text.

Just like JB said, I am on the phone ALL day at work so once I am the last thing I want to do is talk to anyone else on the phone. Plus if I have a quick something to say to someone it's so much easier to text, especially if I am at work and I can't really talk....I can just text.

I much prefer emails to phone calls. With the crackberry, I'm not limited to 160 characters or some such nonsense, either.

However, with The Kid going to middle school next year, I think a cell phone with lots of texting is in our future--that seems to be the onset.

The thing is to be the grownup about it. Basic package, here's your text limit. The child pays for anything above that, with the phone confiscated for nonpayment. I'm the parent, not the BFF.

I love the BlackBerry BBM! It's pretty easy to use... but most of my friends dont have a blackberry so I don't use it often

I love the BlackBerry BBM! It's pretty easy to use... but most of my friends dont have a blackberry so I don't use it often

Live on mine. Three different email accounts, each with its own ring tone (drives the rest of the family nuts, but it gives me an idea of how fast I have to look at the message). I almost don't bother with the phone part.

Live on mine. Three different email accounts, each with its own ring tone (drives the rest of the family nuts, but it gives me an idea of how fast I have to look at the message). I almost don't bother with the phone part.

wait, its also a phone! haha

I never really make phone calls on it, I have my gmail account and my THP email on there. Various things come throughout the day, some important... some annoying

wait, its also a phone! haha

I never really make phone calls on it, I have my gmail account and my THP email on there. Various things come throughout the day, some important... some annoying

I hate the telephone and will do almost anything to avoid making a call, at least outside of the office.

I much prefer emails to phone calls. With the crackberry, I'm not limited to 160 characters or some such nonsense, either.

However, with The Kid going to middle school next year, I think a cell phone with lots of texting is in our future--that seems to be the onset.

The thing is to be the grownup about it. Basic package, here's your text limit. The child pays for anything above that, with the phone confiscated for nonpayment. I'm the parent, not the BFF.

I feel exactly the same way. I don't have children but that is how it would be if I did. It's not a right to have a cell phone at that age, it's a privilege.

About the Blackberry I am the same way with mine. All my emails have different ringtones so I know if it's important or not. JB stole my text message sound so now we don't know who is the one getting a text.

Back