How cold is too cold

DD... I am surprised the balls didnt explode or at least crack on contact if it were that cold.

Like many have said before me... that's why I moved to Florida.

it does hurt sometimes... like HELL but it's better than staying home

I'll grudgingly play when I have to wear my UA Cold Gear but I prefer it when I can wear shorts. Even wearing long pants and a jacket is a push for me to do, but sometimes you gotta suck it up and get out there! I draw the line if I need a coat.

Usually if it's windy and in the 40s, that is going to keep me home.

If someone will join me I'll probably play in a blizzard. When I'm alone I draw the line at about 30 degrees mainly because of my wife. I know she'd say 'you say it's too cold to throw the garbage out yet you'll freeze for 4 hours to play golf?????'

Gary,
Thats funny. I am playing this morning at 7am and its 40 out here in FL. Getting ready to leave and I haev my Under Armour shirt on, followed by that Quagmire shirt that was featured in the review. We have our cart heaters ready.

If there's not snow covering the ground, there is no temperature limit...:)

If someone will join me I'll probably play in a blizzard. When I'm alone I draw the line at about 30 degrees mainly because of my wife. I know she'd say 'you say it's too cold to throw the garbage out yet you'll freeze for 4 hours to play golf?????'

That IS really funny! Maybe if you just threw out the garbage you wouldn't get the remarks...? :wink:

That IS really funny! Maybe if you just threw out the garbage you wouldn't get the remarks...? :wink:

Hey, who's side are you on anyway?

If there's not snow covering the ground, there is no temperature limit...:)

We agree, however, I woke to 3 cm of snow covered ground. So today, I guess no golfing here :(

[Someone is not going to be very happy when he wakes up. Only 5:29 a.m. here.]

sucks! the entire west coast is in a cold front! only 40F way down in San Francisco! what global warming? its so cold, i saw a squirrel warming his nuts!

Thats funny NVM.

Here right now it is -16* Ferenheit. (converted it for you guys, how nice)

SO i beleive it is too cold to golf :)

Dent wins loses.

Never too cold for golf!

Or atleast never in Jax.

Very true Floppy. It was about 42 the other morning when JB shot the THP TV preview and that did not stop us.

I do find it funny when it gets that cold and people here in Florida are wearing scarves, gloves and parkas, it's cold but not THAT cold.

Very true Floppy. It was about 42 the other morning when JB shot the THP TV preview and that did not stop us.

I do find it funny when it gets that cold and people here in Florida are wearing scarves, gloves and parkas, it's cold but not THAT cold.

Yeah, the other day it was like 50, and some lady taking a walk in my neighborhood had ear muffs on, it was hilarious.

Yeah, the other day it was like 50, and some lady taking a walk in my neighborhood had ear muffs on, it was hilarious.

*sigh* you guys are so lucky. I thought I wouldn't get the golfing crave for awhile, but its back after I saw a video of myself swinging.

Below 30, I usually won't play. Up until a week ago, it was 35 - 45 degrees here in Southern New England. With little to no wind, that's really not that uncomfortable. If you throw in 15 - 20 mph winds, that's a different story.

As long as there is no snow on the ground, I'm playing. The winter is too long and the summer too short here not to play every chance you get. :golf:

When we pulled into the course today, the thermometer in my truck said 32. It doesnt seem that bad until the wind kicks in. Thats pretty cold for southern california.

I will not play under 45....too old and fragile.

Teeing off tomorrow at 7:15 and it is supposed to be 34*. We will have the cart cover on and the heater in the cart. Good news is, it will be 50's tomorrow afternoon and then back in the high 70s next week.

Back