How do you mark your ball?

Ok this one is derailed...Lets get it back a litte OT. We can blame GG for this one.

I am just waiting for Harry to read this and respond....one can only imagine what his comeback will be.
Harry would never say something like that... :D

I've played black balls before(B432? I think), they were easy enough to spot in the California sun when they landed in the fairway. However in the early dawn or late dusk or in heavy rough with foliage hitting the ground they weren't very fun. I will admit they loo awesome and the novelty of them certainly draw a lot of comments from playing partners. As far as the ball itself it played relative to an NXTExtreme, a great distance ball but a little harder and not as much spin as I would like.

I mark mine with an HGC (my daughter's initials) on the blank poles of the ball.

I put a T for my name on one side and a line on the other. Although I have done some artwork while waiting on some Tee boxes.

I mark mine with my initials. If I forget the cart path marks it for me.

sometimes I don't even mark my ball... I just get so angry I sometimes play one ball a hole and just throw the ball in the water/woods after it lands in the hole!

I usually fill in three dimples with dots (kind of like a triangle) and do it on both sides of the ball. That way, I can always see at least one of the markings. It's nice because I can instantly tell it's my ball.

I always mark my ball, even if I'm playing alone because I tend to not pay attention to the number on the ball I'm using..

Too easy. No challenge in it.

Blue ones, on the other hand, are something I always try to avoid.

I didn't say it to challenge you.

And we've had the black ball/blue ball discussion. At least I think it was here I had it. :angel:

All my golf balls are now being marked "SPEC BMII". It's my brothers initials and his rank in the Army. I just hope I use up all the balls I've marked so far before he changes rank.

I like that, when I was in Iraq I had some range balls mailed to me and marked them all "SFC G" and when ever we had down time I would pull out a beat up 3 wood I found and whack them out into the desert.

When your brother gets promoted to Sergeant, congratulate him, then hand him all the ones you didn't use, and tell him that with the extra money he's making he can buy you new ones.

Reactions: JB
I like that, when I was in Iraq I had some range balls mailed to me and marked them all "SFC G" and when ever we had down time I would pull out a beat up 3 wood I found and whack them out into the desert.

When your brother gets promoted to Sergeant, congratulate him, then hand him all the ones you didn't use, and tell him that with the extra money he's making he can buy you new ones.

I got word from him that he's doing his paperwork now for that promo so looks like I'll be "donating" about 2 dozen balls to him. I should have held off and only did a few at a time. Oh well. I'll still use them. That is unless something happens and they postpone the promo a couple months. Then I should be able to lose atleast half of them. :smile:

I simply put a "13" above the brand name.

It's just become 'my number' over time....i'm not superstitious and its almost a slap in the face of superstition. Plus i scored my first football goal (soccer) wearing number 13... i just like it!!

and yes - i Play a titleist. Although i play the NXT tour, I find that they are pretty much the same as pro v1's (contraversial statement eh!!!!) but can be had on ebay for relative peanuts.....£0.50 a ball ish, rather than £1.10 ish for pro v1's.

My favourite ball thus far though is the Taylormade TP Red that i got a free sleeve of. But these are expensive on ebay too.

(BTW: i dont buy new balls, because i am good enough to appreciate a higher quality ball and the spin etc... but not consistent enough, so would lose too many to make buying new financially smart)

I order a couple doz balls last year with "Tiger Woods" stamped on them. Most people thought it was funny and I'm sure that some hacker some where has one on their mantle thinking it was Tigers ball.

I change my 'real' mark all the time. What ever I'm getting a good mojo from at the time.

Don't mark em - as everyone else does - easy to know if mine!

3 RED dots around the Srixon and a red alignment line on the Trispeed, but not through it.

3 orange dots in a triangle under the ball logo for me.

Back