T.P. Mills Center Shafted "Huey" - Demo Thread

EWW That has to be the uglyist T.P. Mills i've ever seen.

Ever date that hot blond that wastes your time and money? Substance over flash in my book.

LOL i was married to one. In my defense I've never liked the looks of any T.P.Mills putter.

Yesterday was a turkey shoot scramble with 15 teams and we were delayed a little while waiting for a heavy frost to clear. Luckily the practice green was clear, so I decided to break out the Huey and get some thoughts from our association members. Not many center shafted putters around so quite a few guys were interested in trying out the Huey. The majority really liked the roll the Huey creates and the slightly off center placement of the shaft. Everyone liked the weight and feel!
Out of our group (1 two ball center shafted odyssey, 1 Scotty Newport, and a Nike Method Core) the guys really liked the look at address, thought the black shaft was a little unusual........but really liked the way the shape of the putter helped with alignment. I'd say TP Mills has a hit on their hands with the Huey.

Hope to get to the course on Tuesday. Based on the forecast and Thanksgiving coming up I may not hold on to it much longer so the next guy can get to work. Think he is WA? Putting indoors has been a blast. Hasn't taken long to find my stroke with the Huey.

42 degrees and rain. There goes my golf today. Maybe tomorrow!

I am really digging this grip and the balance of the Huey. My grip pressure is waaaaaaaaay down compared to my Backstryke. The balance and weighting of the Huey lets me have a very very light grip pressure (yip control). Haven't been outdoors yet, but indoors the only thing I don't have down is distance control. Accuracy.....it's one after the other like ducklings following mama.

Griff, I was really surprised how well I was able to control distance with the Huey. My typical 'distance miss' is short and something about the weighting gave me the confidence to give a little more oomph in my stroke. Hopefully you can get it out on the course soon to see how it works out for you.

I am really digging this grip and the balance of the Huey. My grip pressure is waaaaaaaaay down compared to my Backstryke. The balance and weighting of the Huey lets me have a very very light grip pressure (yip control). Haven't been outdoors yet, but indoors the only thing I don't have down is distance control. Accuracy.....it's one after the other like ducklings following mama.

Really look forward to hear what you think about the Huey once the weather cooperates for you!

All righty. Went out and played in 39 degree weather. My hands were numb half the round as I had trouble keeping them dry. Managed to get about 20 putts in with the Huey.

I did make a curvy 20 footer on the 1st putt on grass with the Huey. Had a huge grin on my face after that one dropped. Accuracy is fantastic with the Huey. The ball comes off the face without skipping and holds the line really well. I was misreading putts or not reading them at all as I was really cold and in a rush. Distance control was improving with each putt and I'm sure it wouldn't take me long to adjust.

Aligning the Huey is a bit of a challenge for me. Don't confuse accuracy with precision here. Yes the putts went where I put them, but putting them where I thought I was putting them was a bit challenging. I have an eye Dr. appt. next week as I may need glasses. The 2 ball I normally use is really easy to line up, easier than the Huey. If I mishit the Huey I do lose some roll. It's not a high MOI putter in my estimation. Overall I really enjoyed the day on the greens.

Hope to get out this weekend when temps should be in the 50s and I can focus more on what I'm doing.

I actually had some adjustment with lining it up too, griff. I almost felt like I was aiming left of the target with the way it sets up to my eye.

Well my time with the Huey has come to an end. My final round with the Huey was my best putting day by far. 13 putts on the front and 17 on the back....with a 79 on the card. Just had one of those rounds where I didn't get in a lot of trouble, but the dreaded DB did show up!!
Yes I missed a few greens early in the round which required a few par saves from 5 - 12 ft range and with a 15 footer for birdie on the 3rd hole I somehow managed 5 putts for the first 5 holes of the day! I give most of the credit to the Huey! Something about this putter really suites my eye and I feel extremely confident with my alignment once I address the ball. I'll say it again....the feel, balance, and weight are very nice!!!

I very much appreciate TP Mills offering such an incredible putter for demo to all of us hackers!

Looking out my windows and seeing, yup, snow. Stinks I haven't been able to put the Huey into more scoring situations. I will do a wrap up and send it on to the next guy this week. Looking at my work schedule and the forecast side by side is not promising.

like everyone before you, wait until two rounds go by without Huey in your bag...report those feelings. LOL

Well I am very excited to try this out for my self. All so alittle hesitant for it seems that a few of you have gone through some withdrawalsafter you sent the Huey on its way. So I guess this is a good time of year tobe testing it. If I really like it I am sure my wife won't mind me getting onefor X-mas. Its been soggy but still getting a round a week in around here soshould get some feed back posted quickly when it comes my way.

Well I am very excited to try this out for my self. All so alittle hesitant for it seems that a few of you have gone through some withdrawalsafter you sent the Huey on its way. So I guess this is a good time of year tobe testing it. If I really like it I am sure my wife won't mind me getting onefor X-mas. Its been soggy but still getting a round a week in around here soshould get some feed back posted quickly when it comes my way.

Are you behind me jlbrown? I expect to contact cap'n today to get the next address. No sense in me hanging on to this when I can't get it on the course. Have enough time indoors to cover some posts.

Are you behind me jlbrown? I expect to contact cap'n today to get the next address. No sense in me hanging on to this when I can't get it on the course. Have enough time indoors to cover some posts.
I think so. At least according to the list I have. I am not sure if there has been any changes and I also know that Dr.Teeth wanted in on this and would be more then happy to send it to him as long as it was fine with the others on the list.

I think so. At least according to the list I have. I am not sure if there has been any changes and I also know that Dr.Teeth wanted in on this and would be more then happy to send it to him as long as it was fine with the others on the list.

Sent info to griff. Enjoy the putter.

like everyone before you, wait until two rounds go by without Huey in your bag...report those feelings. LOL

I'm sure I'll miss it this weekend!!!!!

Call me curious. How long for a custom to get to our doors?

Boy oh boy will this putter have any life left when it reaches me at the end of next summer?

It's on it's way to my house. You should have it by January....unless it gets detained in my bag.

It's on it's way to my house. You should have it by January....unless it gets detained in my bag.

Kewl, I'll be looking forward to it

Back