Bridgestone E7+ Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Good review JB.
I got a doz when they first hit store, pretty much what you said, they do what they say for the most. One thing I noticed with the their whole E line is that they feel "heavier" coming off the clubface, and I've said it from day one trying the e5, e6 as well. At their ball challenge demo I had a conversation with one of their guys about it as well.
I do like their 330 line.

• Admin
I have not noticed the "heavier" feeling at all with these. (or any other of their balls). But I am not sure I can really tell that much difference between balls other than spin and ball flight. That is why I have so many people test them. Thanks for the kind comments Scooter.

Just rethinking about when I used that doz, my pal and I were actually commenting on how straight they were.

I still don't know why I think they feel that way, and I don't mean that they feel hard by any means. Could possibly be the thickness or material that that makes me feel that way.

• Admin
Very possible Scooter.

Nice review. I recently bought a couple boxes of E6+s and Im looking foreward to trying them out this spring.
IMO, these balls are a steal for $26 a dozen.

• Admin
Agreed. Just ordered a few more dozen. These and the Wilson Zips are my ball of choice.

Last summer I started by playing the Nike Power Distance Soft ball. Nothing particularly wrong with it, but I bought a sleeve of the Bridgestone E6+ and really, really liked them. They really did seem to minimize hooking and slicing on a drive, and I felt more confident hitting them.

Great balls. :)

Oddly enough, my wife, who knows nothing about golf other than it's where I go after work many days, bought me a box of these for my birthday. I like them a lot, they seem very much worth the price, and are very straight. Bridgestone makes a good product, I have never been dissapointed with any of their balls after trying four different models.

Agreed. Just ordered a few more dozen. These and the Wilson Zips are my ball of choice.

How do they compare to the ZIPs. I'm using ZIPs and AD333 right now. So far nothing has been able to displace the zips.

The Zips will have a little more spin but a much higher trajectory. The E7+ keeps the ball low and at a penetrating trajectory. The E7+ is also longer.

The Zips will have a little more spin but a much higher trajectory. The E7+ keeps the ball low and at a penetrating trajectory. The E7+ is also longer.

Thanks JB !
Looks I need to pick up a couple doz and give them a shot.

I find the biggest weakness in the ZIP is distance but not enough to change. The lower ball flight is what really has me interested.

hammer84,
As someone that plays the Zip a ton, I can tell you that these are significantly lower in ball flight.

I'll have to look into these as well. I really need to get my ball flight lower. These should help.

JB: just took a look at my local website and found the E7's to be a great price, but why are the B-330 series more expensive at $46.99/doz? Are they better than the E7's?

One is not "better" than the other. That is the problem that people seem to have all the time. They think that because something is "tour issued" or pricier, it must be better. I think the Wilson Staff Zip balls are better than the NXT Tours, by a long shot, but they are cheaper. The E7+ and the entire E+ line is geared towards a different player.

Bought a doz E7 today. Now if I can just get the weather to come around........................

Bought a doz E7 today. Now if I can just get the weather to come around........................

It's gonna be awhile before you can try those out. I have a sleeve of them to try as well, didn't use them last time because I was afraid of losing them:D

It's gonna be awhile before you can try those out. I have a sleeve of them to try as well, didn't use them last time because I was afraid of losing them:D

Calling for 50 on Sat. That is golf weather for me !!!! Heck, anything over 40 and I'm willing to go out and hit balls.

Calling for 50 on Sat. That is golf weather for me !!!! Heck, anything over 40 and I'm willing to go out and hit balls.

there yah go hammer, I hit the range up when its 11 degree's out!

there yah go hammer, I hit the range up when its 11 degree's out!

The only range I know of that is open in that kind of weather is about 40 miles from me. Half the time I go to my course it is closed when it is cold so I just take my shag bag out on the range.

You guys are making me fell like a wimp.

The only range I know of that is open in that kind of weather is about 40 miles from me. Half the time I go to my course it is closed when it is cold so I just take my shag bag out on the range.

You guys are making me fell like a wimp.

I wish I could do that... we have a covered range here (less than a 1/4 mile from my house) but they built the heated bays as a group as supposed to individual boxes with heat. Kind of went cheap... but the lady who works there is pretty chill and I usually just find a far corner and bump my bucket beyond the mats and hit off the dead grass.

Back