Spotted Hog Candle Co.

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
As your fashion guru I have written many reviews on clothing, accessories, and equipment, but today I want to talk about a Candle Company. I know, you are probably asking what do candles have to do with golf, and the answer is nothing. I just had an amazing experience with a company that had such wonderful customer service I thought everyone should know about them.

I have always believed that customer service is key when running a company. I was on a mission to find long lasting, strong smelling candles that didn't cost an arm and a leg. After a lot of research I decided on a company called Spotted Hog Candle Co. I placed my order and anxiously awaited their arrival. I was curious when they would be shipped and how long it would take to get to me so I decided to email customer service. I wrote the email at 9:15 pm EST and at 9:30 pm EST I got a response. It was not an automated response, it was not a scripted generic response, it was a personally written email from the owner of the company. I could not believe it. All I kept thinking was WOW, now that is serious customer service. I was already sold on the company but she did not stop there. When I asked how long it would take she said she could rush the order if I would like. I kindly asked for a rush and told her because of how responsive she was I will be ordering more soon. Sure enough the very next day I decided to order a few more items, and gladly paid for two separate shipping fees. When I emailed her back to let her know I decided to order something else, she refunded the second shipping fee and shipped both orders together with a rush order. I was and still am absolutely blown away.

I was so happy with The Spotted Hog customer service that I almost didn't care if the product wasn't that great, but it was my lucky day because they were incredible. Just one candle made my entire house smell wonderful. I also purchased a tart burner and a variety pack of tarts and they were even better than the candles. One tart lasts up to 8 hours and each scent was better than the next.
The Spotted Hog Candle Co. makes a stellar product at a reasonable price and their customer service is the best I have seen in a very very long time. I highly recommend checking them out at http://www.thespottedhogcandle.com/index.html.

Golfer Gal

It is on right now and in the tart warmer is one called Banana Nut Bread. It smells exactly like it and the whole house smalls from something the size of a Silver Dollar. It is no joke. One little tart or "melt", fills our whole house upstairs and downstairs.

I must admit that I had a little chuckle when I visited the website and saw large font from a company called "Spotted Hog" that said "CHECK OUT OUR NEW LIMITED ADDITION SCENTS"

Hmmmmmmm . . . :D

EDIT: Ahhh crap JB, now I want some banana bread. Darn you!!!

Harry,
Their stuff is absolutely that darn good. We burn a melt every night and every single person that comes in our hourse comments immediately on it. Makes something like Yankee Candle smell plain.

Flavor? You wont want to eat them....hehe

And yes, they have that scent, Dent.

They do have it Dent. And it smells good.

You must have magical powers. In all seriousness, their list of scents blew our mind.

I want... Licorice.

out of curiosity, I will take a look at this list right now.

Hey! They got one called Paradise! How did they get the smell of this forum?

Small and new businesses are often like that, stellar customer service and a product they're proud of.

My friends are building a house in rural Minnesota. The shell was done by contractors who started jerking them around - not getting stuff done, then trying to overcharge, etc etc. The neighbors talked to them to be friendly, but when they saw who was hired, everyone started warning them about these guys.

Purely from the people they'd just met out there, they found a local mason, a local roofer, and locals to help out in general. All these people were super skilled and everyone knows they need the work! I've seen the pictures, the house looks SO cool. Support local labor and small businesses and help each other out, I'd say.

We are melting one called Granny's Pie Crust and it smells so good. Our entire house smells like pie.

Flavor? You wont want to eat them....hehe

I have this same problem with shampoo. It always smells so good, but the taste just does not match the smell. :sick:

GG uses a brand called Philosophy and they have some of the best smelling soaps. They all smell like good.

GG uses a brand called Philosophy and they have some of the best smelling soaps. They all smell like good.

Yep, those are the ones. Someone was a genius to combine a body wash and shampoo, what man doesnt want a all in one. However, I dont agree with making flavors like cake batter and cinnamon buns, they always smell good.

Our entire shower is filled with those. I drag GG to Nordstroms so that she will buy it and I can use it. They even have recipes on the front. Plus I love the company as a whole. They do so much good for charity.

EDIT: Just went and counted and we have 31 of their scents right now.

EDIT: Just went and counted and we have 31 of their scents right now.

Holy crap thats a lot, I think we have about 5. I do the same thing, I drag gas girl and pick the ones I want, then I make fun of her when she buys them. I always tell the cashier "I use a mans soap like Lava because Im tuff".

Reactions: JB
Same thing goes with these candles Gasman. They are that good.

We are burning Christmas cookie scent right now. They smell exactly like cookies.

Blackberry sugar scent is a must try. It smells like jelly donuts. Our whole house smells great.

Blackberry sugar scent is a must try. It smells like jelly donuts. Our whole house smells great.

Are you hungry too? I don't know that I'd be able to have those around. I'd be craving what ever scent was burning. Jelly donuts sound good now. :sad:

They do make me crave baked goods.

Do they have any meat scented candles?

Back